🐍 Official visual for Dorian Electra's remix of "Replay" 🐍

society

Disney Responds to Scarlett Johansson

Featured Posts

Jill

106919190-1627592815675-gettyimages-1233

Disney fired back against Scarlett Johansson on Thursday after the Marvel actress filed a lawsuit against the studio for releasing “Black Widow” on Disney+.

Johansson claims she had been guaranteed an exclusive theatrical release of the film and much of her salary was tied to its box-office performance.

“There is no merit whatsoever to this filing,” Disney said in a statement Thursday. “The lawsuit is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.”

“Disney has fully complied with Ms. Johansson’s contract and furthermore, the release of ‘Black Widow’ on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20 [million] she has received to date,” it added.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/29/disney-blasts-scarlett-johansson-over-black-widow-streaming-lawsuit.html

Edited by Jill
This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 8
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• Jill

• JusKeepBreathin

• gagaisitalian

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The lawsuit is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.” oww poor them   given the fact that probably B

"on top of the $20 [million] she has received to date,”"   not them exposing her salary like that 

Don't. They're both rich. Grab some popcorn and watch. But if you really wanna pick a side, then Scarlett

Ricardo

The lawsuit is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.”

oww poor them :smh: 

given the fact that probably Black Widow is a permanently dead character I can see why Scarlett is milking every drop of it, get them girl :green:

• Like 27
  • YAAAS 9
  • Thanks 3
PopEmergency

"on top of the $20 [million] she has received to date,”"

not them exposing her salary like that :huntyga:

• Like 6
  • LMAO 19
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
pedrohemg

So, it seems they're paying her a % of each purchase on Disney Plus. Why the lawsuit then?

Edited by pedrohemg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
VenusHooker

$20 [million] :ohno: Pobrecita, she's so poor :messga:

Anchor.fm/VLADIANPA - Last.fm/user/Garzilazo
  • LMAO 10
judaspriest
1 minute ago, SchwineLove said:

Ok now i'm confused on who should i pick side.

Don't. They're both rich. Grab some popcorn and watch.

But if you really wanna pick a side, then Scarlett

• Like 20
  • YAAAS 3
  • Thanks 2
RichAssPiss

Never have sympathy for Disney. They are a terrifyingly rich megacorporation slowly buying up all the media in the world.

Always side with the the artist. 

• Like 23
  • YAAAS 1
Reality
11 minutes ago, SchwineLove said:

I mean, she has a right to sue them. Regardless of how much she makes, it's about the principle. The statement that Disney gave just has a bunch of loaded language to make you sympathetic to them.

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 ᱬ || ℙ𝕣𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝔼𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕝 ✧ || 𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖈𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖚𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖒𝖊 ۞
  • Like 9
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 10
NightOwner

i love disney movies but i love even more to see rich people fighting for money :ladyhaha: i hope she wins a lot from this lawsuit, you go girl :lolly:

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
skaxboy

I can see both sides. Even if there were no Premiere Access, I don’t think the movie would have made that much more given our current times. Had it not been streamed, people would have pirated the eff out of a theater recorded copy, even tho they still did. 

I love the MCU avidly but there was not as much hype in the fan base for this as there is for Spider Man or Doctor Strange. Sure it would have made more than the $150M it already has, but who is to say the royalties from Premier Access isn’t a better incentive. Loki and WandaVision have been more culturally relevant with streaming so I think Disney was following current marketing trends. 

I can see if her management asked for a negotiation once Disney announced how they distributed the film and I’m sure Disney came back with some bs. 

CyanDante

Lol they really pulled the pandemic card :smh: to put her down :fail:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ
  • Like 3
ProfessionalClown

Not them using the pandemic to make themselves look like the good guy lmao.

the movie was moved many times, probably without notifying her, they killed off her character, and they went outside of the contract and what they promised to her.

it’s not about money it’s just about the principle of it. Disney does this to a lot of people and I’m happy Scarlett is saying something. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
StarstruckIllusion
33 minutes ago, SchwineLove said:

Idk who to trust, so I officially don’t care anymore and hope justice plays out ✌️ 

• Like 1