💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

BBC apologises to Shakira

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Producers on The One Show issued an apology to Shakira after cutting her off in an interview which was labelled "rude and unprofessional" by fans.

Shakira hasn't released music for 4 years and was promoting her new single Don't Wait Up. But the BBC show was hit by technical difficulties as they tried to speak to her via a video link.

At the end of the show, host said: "Shakira can you hear us now? There's only a minute left of the show...but what does it feel like to be back?"
The singer then launched into her response - before being cut off by the presenter as the show ran out of time 45 seconds later.

Shakira only had time to say:
"I'm extremely excited, I feel very inspired, I feel like a horse that is running wild after so long being in a box at a stable. Now that it's actually safer to be in a recording studio with all the collaborators, everything that I've got is pouring out."
Then host had to jump in and interrupt Shakira, saying: "Sorry that's all we've got time for..."

source source

Viewers were outraged - but it seems Shakira herself was more understanding.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

FfFfFfFF

So basically the TV show experienced some technical difficulties and stans are being stans.

Arcadia
6 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

So basically the TV show experienced some technical difficulties and stans are being stans.

ET3UeMNUcAEEmJ0.jpg

littlepotter
15 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

off topic, but Mark looking like a snack here :firega:

He does :heat:

chaeri pls

Flippy

At least this wasn’t like the Jenni Rivera “technical difficulties” on El Gordo y la Flaca :ohwell:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

NCgaga

When is the world going to stop taking stans seriously? They ruin everything. 

Lilmonzter

Having a megastar like Shaks calibre on BBC and cutting her off mid interview is just...

I don't like it. 

They could have given her another spot or done some damage control. It's just a bad look for everyone involved.

Between the new single is amazing! Such a bop.

Sing C'est la vie 

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Mark Ronson produced Don't Wait Up ? Wow.

Edit: Nvm he did not.

I think Shakira and Mark were on this show because they both sold their song catalogues to Hipgnosis Songs Fund and it was arranged by this fund.
Ian Kirkpatrick who produced 'Don't Wait Up' also sold his catalogue to Hipgnosis Songs Fund so maybe Shakira will work with Mark Ronson too :oprah:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

The Child

Too bad Don’t Wait Up is an awful song 

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Anderson123
1 hour ago, Lilmonzter said:

Having a megastar like Shaks calibre on BBC and cutting her off mid interview is just...

I don't like it. 

They could have given her another spot or done some damage control. It's just a bad look for everyone involved.

They had technical difficulties. It was a live show and when these things happen you have to try to keep doing your work, they don't plan them. That's why they apologized, of course they felt bad about what happened.

GucciGa

Ridiculous. They have to cut people off. It's their job. 

😇

GucciGa
1 hour ago, Lilmonzter said:

I don't like it. 

So it's OK for a non famous person to be cut off? Its live TV. People need to stop being so sensitive just bc their fav pop star was rambling and had to be cut off. The presenters are under huge pressure to manage time. Shakira was gracious about it bc she knows the score. 

😇

Lilmonzter
2 hours ago, GucciGa said:

So it's OK for a non famous person to be cut off? Its live TV. People need to stop being so sensitive just bc their fav pop star was rambling and had to be cut off. The presenters are under huge pressure to manage time. Shakira was gracious about it bc she knows the score. 

I never said that it was ok for non famous people to be cut off. 

Don't put unnecessary words in my mouth. 

2 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

They had technical difficulties. It was a live show and when these things happen you have to try to keep doing your work, they don't plan them. That's why they apologized, of course they felt bad about what happened.

Well I felt that they could've handled it better.

That is my opinion.

I'm sticking to it.

Sing C'est la vie 

Archived