society

Rare blue-eyed, white raven fights for survival in wildlife center

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

25858666_web1_210721-PQN-White-Raven-Rec

Oceanside area has a history of white raven sightings, but few seem to survive a year.

A rare juvenile white raven with blue eyes found on the ground near Errington, B.C., about three weeks ago is now being treated in a local wildlife recovery centre.

The starved young raven couldn't fly and needed antibiotics for infected wounds on its feet, according to caregivers.

rare-white-raven-errington-bc.jpg

"It was pretty emaciated," said Derek Downes, the animal care supervisor at the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre in Errington, located near Parksville on the east coast of Vancouver Island.

These mysterious pale birds have appeared occasionally in the rural area for decades, but nobody is sure why they show up and disappear.

white-raven.jpgWEB_0604_WHITE_RAVEN.jpg?w=1040&quality=

The nameless raven, which has not yet been identified as male or female, was tube-fed as its condition improved. After a 10-day course of antibiotics, Downes said the bird began eating on its own.

With the guidance of veterinarian Dr. Malcolm McAdie, the raven is getting another round of antibiotics in the hope that the bird can overcome its setbacks.

Source - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rare-white-raven-vancouver-island-1.6069618

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 2
  • Love 11
artdoll

it look so cute and soft, it needs some head pats :flower:

♫ 👏 A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E, make it real loud 👏 ♫
FfFfFfFF
13 minutes ago, Levine said:

Gaga?

Well she is neither blue-eyed, white, a raven or living in a wildlife center.. or at least I hope so. :bradley:

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • LMAO 3
ultravanister

They bought Haus Labs stupid love lipstick and now they are battling for their life 

• LMAO 3
Debithius
9 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Well she is neither blue-eyed, white, a raven or living in a wildlife center.. or at least I hope so. :bradley:

...Gaga is white

• Thanks 1
harveyquinn

they be using the rain on me eyeshadow available on the stupid love pallette by haus labs :lolly:

Chromatic, Chromatic, put your hands all over my colors.
FfFfFfFF
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Debithius said:

...Gaga is white

But only on Halloween though

tumblr_oypmwrxkKV1tovmb9o3_500.png

Edited by FfFfFfFF
  • LMAO 1
RAMROD

Hmmm, turns out white raven isn't that stunning. It looks like boring doves with bigger beak :bradley:

Hope it will survive. You can do it, Raven-chan! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ your garbage in, is garbage out (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Cavadour

What a rare beauty.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart
Lippoutou
11 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

WEB_0604_WHITE_RAVEN.jpg?w=1040&quality=

They look so funny and cute at the same time ! Bless them