Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Grammy Awards ban chart numbers and sales figures for FYC ads

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

weed

that's cute as long as it actually affects the nominations lol

littlepotter

I feel this is a direct response to The Weeknd who felt entitled to nominations because of his chart successes. Can't blame him though because that's how the awards have always worked up until rceent years where quite a few non chart successes and unknown artists have been making it into the big categories. 

chaeri pls

BUtterfield 8

I thought that was the whole point of FYC ads to show the accolades?

ProdigyARTPOP
32 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

I thought that was the whole point of FYC ads to show the accolades?

Exactly, all it will have now are critical appeals.

JusKeepBreathin

Good. There is already an awards ceremony for chart numbers and sales figures it's called The Billboard Music Awards 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

I feel this is a direct response to The Weeknd who felt entitled to nominations because of his chart successes. Can't blame him though because that's how the awards have always worked up until rceent years where quite a few non chart successes and unknown artists have been making it into the big categories. 

Do you ever not throw shade at black artists? 

Here with The Weeknd on the Cardi B white twinks thread. You came for Cardi and you threw Lil Nas X under the bus just for fun. 

And that's just today hun. 

When you say a black artist thinks "he's entitled..." It's sound like when white people used to use the word "uppity" against black people. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Bradley

Should've been implemented ages ago, it surprises me how long it took them to realise the importance of this.

Teletubby

BTS effect :ladyhaha: they saw their weird numbers. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

alsemanche
3 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Here with The Weeknd on the Cardi B white twinks thread. You came for Cardi and you threw Lil Nas X under the bus just for fun. 

When you say a black artist thinks "he's entitled..." It's sound like when white people used to use the word "uppity" against black people. 

y'all really need to let go of the "every critique of a black artist stems from racism" narrative it's really getting tired

Soft, soothing, and succulent

littlepotter
4 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Complaining that you didn't get nominated for an award means that you felt they owed you a nomination - that is the literal definition of being entitled to something.

Understand once and for all that non-Western people do NOT fall under the sick and twisted racist American caste system and not everything that goes through my brain is filtered through racist lenses. I have no clue what words white people use and I could not care less.

And stop telling blatant lies, me saying Cardi calling out gay men is problematic is not me "coming" for her. Me mentioning Lil Nas X as an example of a celeb who used to run a stan twitter account while saying I stan him is not "throwing him under the bus." 

Please do me a favor and stop quoting me with ridiculous hyperbolic accusations.

chaeri pls

Chesescake

SEE? WE JUST BAN CHART NUMBERS AND SALES FIGURES EVERYTHING WILL GET BETTER :mark:

:ohwell:

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

pointless

they still will give the award to popular (white) artists

Or even the less popular (white) artist in Beck's case. Even though Beyoncé's album had more critical acclaim.

JusKeepBreathin
14 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Complaining that you didn't get nominated for an award means that you felt they owed you a nomination - that is the literal definition of being entitled to something.

Understand once and for all that non-Western people do NOT fall under the sick and twisted racist American caste system and not everything that goes through my brain is filtered through racist lenses. I have no clue what words white people use and I could not care less.

And stop telling blatant lies, me saying Cardi calling out gay men is problematic is not me "coming" for her. Me mentioning Lil Nas X as an example of a celeb who used to run a stan twitter account while saying I stan him is not "throwing him under the bus." 

Please do me a favor and stop quoting me with ridiculous hyperbolic accusations.

Weird how The Weeknd's After Hours album has more critical acclaim than 25 and 21. And yet your response is the The Weeknd feels "entitled" to a Grammy. 

But go off on how you are not "Western" I guess. It doesn't make your comment have any less micro-aggressions against a black artist.  The micro-aggression is present whether intentional or not. 

Archived