đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

American Horror Stories - Discussion

Perfume

Featured Posts

Ororo Munroe
3 minutes ago, lovecrime said:

The main show yes, the spin-off no. In fact, I'm starting to think the actual reason I liked the first two eps was because it was related to the main show and had an actor from the main show (Bomer, also liked the red head daughter). You could even say I loved those two first episodes. It just saddens me to hear that the following episodes do not seem to get any better

I actually really liked first two episodes, like I was having fun watching them and gay dads were hilarious 

I enjoyed every single episode (even 4th :huntyga:), but this one was too gruesome for me 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPe

Welp... EP5 was the best one so far :partysick:

This one  was just... gross :partysick:

Stream The Love Invention

Luke78619

Didn’t mind this one tbf, the end made me laugh I can’t lie just coz it’s not the usual cliche I was expecting 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Episode 6 - the acting improved (although Cody Fern became annoying with that sassy smile in every scene) and it felt like true horror. I liked it more than the others (Ep. 5 remains superior tho).

DiamondHeart326

The Feral episode was the best by far. BA'AL would have been #1 but the stupid demon **** at the end totally turned the entire episode into a comedy. Feral was well paced and didn't feel as rushed as the previous episodes. Just my opinion tho, not putting anyone else down. 

still really confused about the creatures and why everyone seems to be basically worshipping them. werent we getting a werewolf?

Ororo Munroe
6 minutes ago, Focus said:

still really confused about the creatures and why everyone seems to be basically worshipping them. werent we getting a werewolf?

I still don’t understand why they needed this kid :oprah: 

by the way, creature’s design was kinda cool 

A R T P O P

Feral was the only episode so far I didn't completely hate. Episode 7 is the one with all the Murder House ghosts, right?

Bradley

I've been trashing this show for the entire season but the finale surprised me. I think as long as Ryan gets rid of Manny Coto, the show can be salvaged.

Ryan penned episodes 01, 02 and the finale which were all the better episodes tbh. Episodes 01 and 02 actually had decent writing, it was only the awkward casting that made it weak imo, so if they don't do that again in the future and get a less teen-ish cast, the show can potentially blossom into decency.

They also need to go beyond 40 minutes and give the episodes proper resolutions. I think the writier Manny Coto just doesn't know how to tie up stories. His endings always seem lazy and convenient, whereas Ryan doesn't actually do that. Ryan shows you how things connect to each other whereas Manny would just have characters "yeah i did this yeah I did that, yeah that was us" without even shooting the flashbacks.

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

I've been trashing this show for the entire season but the finale surprised me. I think as long as Ryan gets rid of Manny Coto, the show can be salvaged.

Ryan penned episodes 01, 02 and the finale which were all the better episodes tbh. Episodes 01 and 02 actually had decent writing, it was only the awkward casting that made it weak imo, so if they don't do that again in the future and get a less teen-ish cast, the show can potentially blossom into decency.

They also need to go beyond 40 minutes and give the episodes proper resolutions. I think the writier Manny Coto just doesn't know how to tie up stories. His endings always seem lazy and convenient, whereas Ryan doesn't actually do that. Ryan shows you how things connect to each other whereas Manny would just have characters "yeah i did this yeah I did that, yeah that was us" without even shooting the flashbacks.

Ok but doesn't Ryan have enough power to choose his writers and to modify the scripts? There's a lot he could've done to make it more decent but at this point i believe he's just as bad as the other writers. He really only cares about making money. This show has always been unnecessary and totally ruined AHS for me

RahrahWitch

This series was kind of pointless, It really cheapened AHS for me. 

They could've done so much with 40 minute short stories on previous characters that already had backstories built but nope.... :smh:

bionic

Sometimes I think Ryan Murphy just watches other horror shows/films and thinks "I want to do that" and then by the time its in production he's watched a new one and just wants to move on...this series was not it

buy bionic

Bradley
1 hour ago, SHALLOW said:

Ok but doesn't Ryan have enough power to choose his writers and to modify the scripts? There's a lot he could've done to make it more decent but at this point i believe he's just as bad as the other writers. He really only cares about making money. This show has always been unnecessary and totally ruined AHS for me

He does but maybe he just didn't know Manny would suck that bad until it was too late. I'm sure he'll pick his writers more carefully next time. He has like 15 shows under his belt so even if he had the authority to modify scripts, it doesn't mean he had the time. The writer was supposed to do the job for him, not with him.

As for Ryan being a bad writer, I don't quite agree. The casting was problematic but I actually think Episodes 01 and 02 and the finale had more nuance than the other episodes handled by Manny Coto. Ryan has also penned other episodes in other series which turn out absolutely fine if not great.

Ororo Munroe
16 minutes ago, bionic said:

Sometimes I think Ryan Murphy just watches other horror shows/films and thinks "I want to do that" and then by the time its in production he's watched a new one and just wants to move on...this series was not it

same, he literally steals ideas and runs with it :selena:

Archived