💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

game

Nintendo Switch OLED Model

BleepBloop

Featured Posts

gabeoz
13 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

What??? Lol

It’s still a 720p screen. If anything the image is going to look less sharp on this bigger screen, because the pixel count will get stretched out

You’re not doing the math, you can even use a PPI calculator yourself. The size upgrade is negligible to the resolution. A mere .8 inches expanded won’t account for the upgrade in quality. When you compare the PPI between the two you get a ~50%+ upgrade in pixel density. (~209 PPI for the regular Switch and ~294 PPI for the OLED model). It’s not a subjective matter, you’re getting a substantial upgrade in screen resolution.
Not to mention that OLEDs are still much better than LEDs even if the resolution were to be the same. 

7 minutes ago, Luna Lovegood said:

literally what are they thinking 😭😭

It’s not tho 😭 the people claiming it just don’t know math

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BleepBloop
7 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

You’re not doing the math, you can even use a PPI calculator yourself. The size upgrade is negligible to the resolution. A mere .8 inches expanded won’t account for the upgrade in quality. When you compare the PPI between the two you get a ~50%+ upgrade in pixel density. (~209 PPI for the regular Switch and ~294 PPI for the OLED model). It’s not a subjective matter, you’re getting a substantial upgrade in screen resolution.
Not to mention that OLEDs are still much better than LEDs even if the resolution were to be the same. 

It’s not tho 😭 the people claiming it just don’t know math

Do you even know how resolution works?… It’s 720x1280 on both screens. This SAME resolution gets stretched out more (obviously not noticeably more) on the bigger screen. Go look up phone comparisons and you’ll understand:)

River

meh.

/thread

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

gabeoz
27 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Do you even know how resolution works?… It’s 720x1280 on both screens. This SAME resolution gets stretched out more (obviously not noticeably more) on the bigger screen. Go look up phone comparisons and you’ll understand:)

Yeah… it’s kind of required for stuff I do, which is why I’m chiming In. Im well aware if what they do with phones but This is not that same case, which is why I’m trying to explain but people are just not getting what PPI is. The resolution on the base model is 720p, and on the OLED is 1080p. I get what you’re saying about expanding the screens, stretching them out and how you came to that conclusion. But when you actually do the math it’s just not supporting your claim.
PPI (pixels per inch) is what determines resolution, having a higher PPI (accounted for size differences) is literally the definition of a higher resolution because you’re putting MORE pixels in the SAME area.  If they were trying to trick us like phone manufacturers then we’d see a PPI around the same or below that of the Switch base model (~209) , but it’s not like that on the OLED model, in fact it’s a lot lot more. At a PPI of 209 the base model gets 42,436 pixels per square inch, while the OLED gets 86,436, that’s more than twice the amount of pixels in the same area! (Yes I did calculate for the larger display size)

you don’t have to take my word for it, here’s a PPI website that you can use!

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/technology/ppi-calculator.php

BleepBloop
15 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

Yeah… it’s kind of required for stuff I do, which is why I’m chiming In. Im well aware if what they do with phones but This is not that same case, which is why I’m trying to explain but people are just not getting what PPI is. The resolution on the base model is 720p, and on the OLED is 1080p. I get what you’re saying about expanding the screens, stretching them out and how you came to that conclusion. But when you actually do the math it’s just not supporting your claim.
PPI (pixels per inch) is what determines resolution, having a higher PPI (accounted for size differences) is literally the definition of a higher resolution because you’re putting MORE pixels in the SAME area.  If they were trying to trick us like phone manufacturers then we’d see a PPI around the same or below that of the Switch base model (~209) , but it’s not like that on the OLED model, in fact it’s a lot lot more. At a PPI of 209 the base model gets 42,436 pixels per square inch, while the OLED gets 86,436, that’s more than twice the amount of pixels in the same area! (Yes I did calculate for the larger display size)

you don’t have to take my word for it, here’s a PPI website that you can use!

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/technology/ppi-calculator.php

I would agree with you on this if it actually was a 1080p screen..where did you get the 1080p screen info from? Because every outlet I’ve checked said that it’s 720p

gabeoz
2 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

I would agree with you on this if it actually was a 1080p screen..where did you get the 1080p screen info from? Because every outlet I’ve checked said that it’s 720p

Wait :messga: I’m so sorry no you’re right. I read somewhere this morning that it was 1080p (I was having a hard enough time finding any numbers for the new model to begin with) but it seemed that they got it wrong and when I went back they corrected it. So yes you’re right theyre just expanding the pixels :messga: that’s really disappointing I was hoping it was be larger, especially since it’s an OLED display and it’s more efficient.
The probable reason why expanded the screen is because OLEDs require a really small border around the screen and LEDs require a much larger one. But again it doesn’t make sense to upgrade the screen size like that if you don’t change the resolution. It’s worth getting the OLED model if you don’t have the base because you’re still getting that OLED , but other than that there’s no point in upgrading. 

OhHenny2020

Hahahahahahaha

Spoiler

Not sure if to laugh or cry :air:

Lextyr97
16 hours ago, gabeoz said:

Wait :messga: I’m so sorry no you’re right. I read somewhere this morning that it was 1080p (I was having a hard enough time finding any numbers for the new model to begin with) but it seemed that they got it wrong and when I went back they corrected it. So yes you’re right theyre just expanding the pixels :messga: that’s really disappointing I was hoping it was be larger, especially since it’s an OLED display and it’s more efficient.
The probable reason why expanded the screen is because OLEDs require a really small border around the screen and LEDs require a much larger one. But again it doesn’t make sense to upgrade the screen size like that if you don’t change the resolution. It’s worth getting the OLED model if you don’t have the base because you’re still getting that OLED , but other than that there’s no point in upgrading. 

Yeah I had literally no idea where you were getting 1080p from lmao

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/tech-specs/#oled-section

”Multi-touch capacitive touch screen / 7.0 inch OLED screen / 1280x720”

053Timo

Never had a Switch, so I’ll buy this one. But I’m disappointed in the “upgrade”. 

Sepsami

My cheap ass celebrating cause I'll still be able to enjoy my current switch without foto :lolly:

Living
18 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Screenshot-20210706-165225-Twitter.jpg 

Honestly, I don’t have a switch and want to get this one but the joycon issue is putting me off. It seems to be way more wide spread then any other system (they all have it) 

alsemanche
Just now, Living said:

Honestly, I don’t have a switch and want to get this one but the joycon issue is putting me off. It seems to be way more wide spread then any other system (they all have it) 

It's really bad tbh. I had to end up with 6 pairs of joycons + a third part pro controller because every new ones I got drifted eventually (except the newest pair I got, which will probably drift eventually). The good thing though is that you can get repair kits for cheap and (temporarily) fix the drift, use a spray thing that also temporarily fixes it (and you can reapply it when it drifts again), or get one of those controllers that don't drift (but they only work in handheld mode). There is some repair program launched by Nintendo where you send back your drifting joycons and they repair them for you for free I think, but idk how it works because it's not available in my country.

Tbh the switch is worth it so I would still consider it even with the drift. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

doraemon
On 7/6/2021 at 8:37 PM, duckworth said:

upon clicking it, i was already making plans in my head how I can sell my current system and get this instead but after watching the trailer, I’m severely disappointed. still gonna get those white joy cons. 

i wonder if the current switch will be compatible with the new dock tho that lan port would be useful and the curved edges look good 

I’m just gonna agree with your comment there, since I have no Nintendo Switch. If I did, I only play Doraemon Story of Seasons anyway so…

anyway, how have you been? Are you alright? The create a label x thread is filled with spider’s web now

Archived