Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Critically acclaimed movies that you despise?

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Biagio2103

Black Panther

The story is pretty much the same as The Lion King (or Hamlet). The way they talked was just :saladga: Most of the cast was wasted. And it really didn't bring anything new to the superhero movie world or even the MCU, it feels like they only introduced Wakanda to have a battle field on Infinity War and a big army to equal Thanos' 

Some like to bring the black people thing, but we already had movies like Blade. The only thing I praise about Black Panther are the costumes, because even the VFX were ok for a Marvel movie.

I'm only good at being bad

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jill

Ok so someone spoke ill about The Favorite and, although I won't quote them, I just want them to know they are now on my blocked list.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Reality
15 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

I've heard a lot of good things about Raya and the Last Dragon, but I hated it. One of my favorite YouTube essayists got dog-piled for her comparing it to Avatar: The Last Airbender, because of similar plot lines, including the redemption arc for antagonists, so I saw that as a good sign. The first half was meh, but had cute moments, the end was okay. The climax was terrible and made no sense, and I hated it. 

I really like Raya, but I wanted to like it more than I did. My biggest problem with it is that it's a lot of "tell, don't show.". Like, even though I like Raya and Namaari as characters, their whole backstory thing was executed pretty poorly. They were friends for like 5 minutes, but then the whole movie relies on this "we were friends, but now we're rivals" trope that doesn't really feel earned. 

🃏🖤👹

Reality
10 minutes ago, Biagio2103 said:

Black Panther

The story is pretty much the same as The Lion King (or Hamlet). The way they talked was just :saladga: Most of the cast was wasted. And it really didn't bring anything new to the superhero movie world or even the MCU, it feels like they only introduced Wakanda to have a battle field on Infinity War and a big army to equal Thanos' 

Some like to bring the black people thing, but we already had movies like Blade. The only thing I praise about Black Panther are the costumes, because even the VFX were ok for a Marvel movie.

Lowkey agree. It's regarded as one of the best MCU movies for many people, but I think it's kinda overrated. I appreciate the message and the fact that it did a lot for Black representation in film, but it was kinda just a "meh" movie for me.

🃏🖤👹

AURAOFSHEISSE

Little women 2019 the switching between past and present ruined it for me and Florence pughs smoker voice did not suit a 12 yr old Amy :triggered:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

Leoooo
52 minutes ago, River said:

Titanic

tiring, long, boring, just to see a ship sinking

bleh

titanic kate winslet GIF

Kate reading that comment

Helxig

I watched Pulp Fiction once years ago and didn't really like it, but I was very tired and not in the mood so I might need to give it another go.

Also in the same vain I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show when I was like 15 and didn't like it... but again, wrong circumstances. I was an internally homophobic, terrified, closeted little gay back then, watching it with my mum and friend, so I think I definitely need to rewatch it as the fabulous ***g*t I am now as an adult :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

BUtterfield 8
29 minutes ago, Jill said:

Ok so someone spoke ill about The Favorite and, although I won't quote them, I just want them to know they are now on my blocked list.

:lmao:

TheSlash
1 hour ago, River said:

Titanic

tiring, long, boring, just to see a ship sinking

bleh

9 minutes ago, Medusa said:

titanic kate winslet GIF

Kate reading that comment

Jack reading the comment:

kate winslet GIF

OT: Gravity (remember, the one with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney). I remember it was hyped and acclaimed back then. But I found it excruciatingly boring most of the time

Tired Britney Spears GIF

Ew, David!

River
Just now, TheSlash said:

OT: Gravity (remember, the one with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney). I remember it was hyped and acclaimed back then. But I found it excruciatingly boring most of the time

thank u

the worst movie I've ever seen tbh

even Sharknado is better

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

TheSlash
Just now, River said:

thank u

even Sharknado is better

Well, Sharknado at least knows it's bad

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Ew, David!

Franch Toast

War movies. They just ain't my thing. 

She/Her/Hers

Stephen

Joker.

And I’m a MASSIVE fan of DC Comics and the character of the Joker. That movie was garbage, I’m sorry. 

JanStan

Parasite. I even avoided any spoilers so didnt even know what it was about and thought it was bizarre in the worst way. I walked out of it wondering what the hell I just watched and then when I figured it out realized one of the most overrated movies ever. 

As I was writing this I changed my answer to The Shape of Water. Worse then Parasite but it was close so both deserved mentions. 

JanStan
18 minutes ago, River said:

thank u

even Sharknado is better

17 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Well, Sharknado at least knows it's bad

If You Say So Shrug GIF

The way I LOVED Gravity though lol

Archived