Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes struggled with body dysmorphia after topless photoshoot

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Gagz4Gaga

A rich white guy has to whine about something, I guess. Boo hoo.

nostalgia’s for geeks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

What he wanna said here is, that he wanna tell y'all hennies, that he will be forever a twink and y'all need to deal with it!! :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bonkers

I have a somewhat harsh view on this and it's basically that we're all responsible for our own mental health.

Not being as sexy as you would like is not a disability.

Comparing yourself to others and feeling the need to measure up is a road to misery.

So everybody needs to realize this and come to terms with it for themselves.  

It's a serious and painful thing to go through, but people need to evaluate their own mental health and do what they need to do.  

I know it's not easy but people need to learn to stop obsessing about looks and they need to stop comparing and ranking everything.  They need to stop glorifying social media posts and it's a personal thing that everyone needs to come to, or suffer the consequences until they get it.

And btw, I'm not criticizing Shawn, he's describing the process of correcting his own mistaken beliefs and it's a good conversation and he took action for himself when he recognized the problem.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

SlaeUrAnus

Body dysmorphia and issues with male images ARE real.

Please do not dismiss them.

In my messy era.

Agunimon
1 hour ago, The Child said:

People are dying. No one forced him to make those photos.

Because people are dying does not invalidate other people's struggles, both physical or mental. There are more important issues in the world for sure, but invalidating smaller issues people face in their every day life because a mass of other people have it worse and have way more pressing issues going on is not the way to go and is incredibly dismissive. Might as well say that to all the people in therapy; not helpful to the stigma against mental health. 

TimisaMonster

I'm sorry but....did I NOT see a brand new magazine photoshoot of him yesterday....shirtless in bed? :bear:

If it's so traumatizing to him...why is he still doing it? :awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

MANiCURE 6
3 hours ago, The Child said:

People are dying. No one forced him to make those photos.

People are dying. No one forced you to comment this topic.

You need to understand that men can also have struggles and pressures from society with their bodies...

Hey no one looks perfect, nobody. Even when you see supermodels, they are not perfect, no one is part of a body standard because supermodel some will say are too skinny with no ass, then those who are curvy some will say the ass is too big. Just be you, why pressure yourself being perfect all the time, be realistic, and it's also a waste of time why not work out the brain muscle and be insecure about being ignorant about certain subjects or having no skills? It's always appearance in this world

The Child
2 hours ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

People are dying. No one forced you to comment this topic.

You need to understand that men can also have struggles and pressures from society with their bodies...

I’m a man so I understand that completely. It’s just that it’s a bit hypocritical to have your body on every giant billboard (so contributing to that toxic perfect body image that pressures a lot of men to look like that) and then complain about it. 

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Pretty Please
6 hours ago, qoqo said:

I don’t wanna see any dismissing posts in this thread

This is his experience and he has no reason for being insincere 

Yeah im so over little monsters bullying people so they can feel a sense of power in their lives

Oriane

Here's an interesting video I saw recently:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

InTheCloset

i feel bad for him. i have body dysmorphia among many other things. clinically diagnosed, didnt diagnose it myself. and sometimes im all ready to go out with friends but cancel because i hate my nose or my giant forehead catches my attention and most of the times my almost bald head and receding hairline at 23 stops me from having fun. i also never take pictures of myself or even selfies because i dont like the way i look.  and i keep thinking all the time about all the procedures i would get done to 'fix' myself. i just have to get rich enough to get the kardashians' surgeons on myself and then its over for all hoes

The abyss stares back

Jill
4 hours ago, Lady Ava Gaga Max said:

‘You have to be really open and okay with being messed up sometimes. That’s when you start to make serious progress.’

This is 100% true. Suffering in silence is horrible, but for some reason it's even more difficult to speak out about it. You start thinking people will think you're crazy, or complaining about nothing, and at the end of the day it all becomes a vicious cycle that won't stop. It's really overwhelming.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

BlingNotTheMusic

I suffer from body dysmorphia as well as disordered eating so it's refreshing to see a male celeb come forward about this. Is very prevalent in the gay community.

Archived