Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ariana & Taylor are the reason Ed Sheeran is releasing 2 albums

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

GucciGa
4 hours ago, PartySick said:

No way :laughga:

I definitely prefer the more infrequent but natural eras. Especially with Gaga since her albums are more than a collection of songs (barring The Fame). They're a whole concept or story.

The negative effects of fame as well as her personal fears (The Fame Monster), injustice and our place in society (Born This Way), our creative spirit and identity (ARTPOP), her relationship with herself and her family (Joanne), her pain and healing (Chromatica).

Having her release more often would either sacrifice these overarching ideas and big fleshed out concepts and destroy one of the biggest reasons I stan her OR it would be so goddamn exhausting for both her and the fans that like to do more with her music than bop around a room for three minutes...probably both, actually :deadbanana:

I can wait 3-5 years for new Gaga stuff :vegas: she's about the only mainstream artist that's worth that wait :vegas:

All these other artists releasing feels like just another Friday but when Gaga drops an album? That's a cultural event :giveup:

The fact I wrote you out a long ass DM and it won't even send 😭😬💀🙄

😇

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope Gaga will start to release music more often, while still taking care for her physical and mental health, as that's what's the most improtant.

That being said, I think even a few songs in a year or some collabs here and there would be great. They could also be stand alone singles, like some content for us fans, that would also keep her relevant in the mainstream were people release stuff more frequently than her.

Album wise it's okay for me to not have one each year, as I listen to them for several month and with Lanas Chemtrails and the new songs she put out recently, I feel like you don't get enough time to enjoy one album at the time when the artist pays it dust like a week after release and moves on to the next project that quickly.

I also wouldn't want to sacrifice Gagas conceptual albums for simple collections of songs, just to get them more often. Quality > Quantity, like some already pointed out.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Illuminati

I think he meant that he's sticking to a normal album rollout for two more eras and then he will start putting out albums like crazy

Economy
3 hours ago, zakariah said:

true but i think it's not totally out of the question, the artist just has to be really popular among the general public, like the weeknd, bruno mars & dua lipa recently

Yes. But i feel like u may loose that popularity in the first place eventually if u keep doing that now

Dr Fudge

I’m team quality vs quantity. That’s what separates Gaga from her peers anyway. Waiting a couple years for music that you know she’s polished 5 times over is far more preferable than an album that she’s stressed over to get into the pipeline just because all her contemporaries are doing it with ok songs, but nothing memorable. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

blackpink
8 hours ago, Economy said:

Waiting 2-3 years every time for 2 singles is gonna get old fast :enigma:

tbh it still works for certain artists especially with the way TikTok will take a song and run with it, but it’s kinda rare now i guess. 

Doja Cat is a huge example of an artist that’s been able to milk the Hot Pink era with multiple singles/videos since it’s release in 2019 because of how most of the songs have gone viral

Joaco95
9 hours ago, FudgeyBear said:

I’m team quality vs quantity. That’s what separates Gaga from her peers anyway. Waiting a couple years for music that you know she’s polished 5 times over is far more preferable than an album that she’s stressed over to get into the pipeline just because all her contemporaries are doing it with ok songs, but nothing memorable. 

mmm not really, most of these singers/songwritters can make more tan 12 songs in an album session (I mean, I know Beyoncé recorded more than 70+ songs for 4 but only 15 were released) so they could put two parts easily (just like taylor did)

ShayCristoforo
17 hours ago, Economy said:

I mean eras are shorter now and promoting an era for 2-3 years makes no sense amymore

I wonder if it's all because our attention spans are getting a lot shorter / the idea of trends and instant gratification, etc. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Focus
17 hours ago, Economy said:

U have to listen to South Of The Border. Its the 1 song from him i actually really like :giveup:

Also Camila and CardiB are featured here

same. this is the only song i listen to. it's a fun summer song that makes me wish i was at a beach :gayhat:

Economy
43 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I wonder if it's all because our attention spans are getting a lot shorter / the idea of trends and instant gratification, etc. 

Perhaps in part but internet and streaming also means that anyone interested in an artist knows all the songs of an album the day it comes out if they want want...

It has been like that for a while now but now that older generations also stream and spotify and apple music are more used (rather than just youtube) it just changes things

Theres no advantage to keep promoting an album with a long era like there was in the past

Things change, and now long eras just dont make sense anymore tbh unless ur doing it cuz u wanna do a really big tour or something and even then if its gonna be a long time a few standalone releases in between could be a good idea

zakariah
12 hours ago, Economy said:

Yes. But i feel like u may loose that popularity in the first place eventually if u keep doing that now

yeah, i guess the risk of overexposure is there, which i assume is why bigger artists tend to take longer breaks in-between huge album cycles (e.g. bruno mars's 24k magic era)

Archived