💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Azealia Thanks LGBT Fans, Gets Emotional

Stephen

Featured Posts

phantasmas
Just now, alsemanche said:

haha so edgy!!! i guess transphobia is fine if you make good music or whatever!! 

sweaty... there are bigger fish to fry.. use ur time wisely and go reel them in instead, get u sum panko mix, and move on :billie: 

Snapchat: @phantasmas

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

We have called her out before. We know she isn't perfect.

Maybe you need to read the OP again.

alsemanche
Just now, Stephen said:

We have called her out before. We know she isn't perfect.

Maybe you need to read the OP again.

This isn't about being perfect, this is about being a DECENT human being. But sure let's just swallow any apology coming our way. As if 'all g gave a f*ck before she apologized to begin with lmao

Soft, soothing, and succulent

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, phantasmas said:

sweaty... there are bigger fish to fry.. use ur time wisely and go reel them in instead, get u sum panko mix, and move on :billie: 

nah i'm good, i'll keep calling out disgusting behavior when i see it even when it involved your favs 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Stephen

This isn't about being perfect, this is about being a DECENT human being. But sure let's just swallow any apology coming our way. As if 'all g gave a f*ck before she apologized to begin with lmao

Keep it pushing

phantasmas
7 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

nah i'm good, i'll keep calling out disgusting behavior when i see it even when it involved your favs 

stick to smaller fish then, idc :billie: 

CautiousLurker

If you like her work, by all means, but stop pretending she is just a troubled misunderstood soul who is actually the victim of a bunch of sjws hellbent on destroying her - she's an a-hole and a bigot - that's it, it's not deep, she's been overtly homophobic plenty and has not addressed it still, she was pro-Trump, this is performative and that's that... You can go on enjoying her music, I know I will...

Spoiler

I won't be paying for it tho :vegas:

Men are naturally more dominating, aggressive, and logical thinking because we have balls.

Nuggets

It's really tiring to read all the gazillion excuses Azealia's fans post everytime the shite she's done (and keeps doing) gets brought up. :rip: 

What's worse is that she's always clearly in the wrong, but they always find a way to delude themselves into thinking she's some sort of victim. It's baffling to see.

Favorite McDonald's Snack

phantasmas
15 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Meanwhile every time I go to her shows its ALL black and latino gays and trans girls :billie: we are doing just fine bopping and getting our life. What do you want me to do about it? 

her shows are so damn fun! I last saw her on her Slay-Z tour and it was funner than artrave, tbh.. and i LOVED artrave. 

Spoiler

and it felt like a safe space from the yt gheys too  :billie: 

1 hour ago, Aphroditus said:

I am not white lol. I am POC so shush

I didn’t really refer to you in my message, let alone say you’re one race or another.

It’s easy to see that a good majority of the entitled, rude and embarrassing behavior online in pop stan communities comes from white, cis gay men who have made their identities being on top of pop culture.

Everything exists for their consumption and ultimately, their judgment. You see it every single day on this website. Supposed hot takes, judging others for what they listen to, and finding excuses to crap on artists we don’t know much about. 

Azealia is a wicked person, yes. However, try to imagine how someone would feel being on the receiving end of that incessant, false-sense-of-superiority cattiness, since the beginning of their career.

Some people really will become more hateful when they’re exposed to hateful people. Choices made, but there are reasons.

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Stephen
6 minutes ago, phantasmas said:

her shows are so damn fun! I last saw her on her Slay-Z tour and it was funner than artrave, tbh.. and i LOVED artrave. 

Reveal hidden contents

and it felt like a safe space from the yt gheys too  :billie: 

Period!! I saw her in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Can’t wait to go again. The smaller artists always have better crowds at their shows. Like even tho Gaga is my #1 fave, I’ve had 20x more fun at Azealia and Charli XCX shows because the crowd is ****ing lit. It’s like all the cool kids came out :sis:

14 minutes ago, good said:

I didn’t really refer to you in my message, let alone say you’re one race or another.

It’s easy to see that a good majority of the entitled, rude and embarrassing behavior online in pop stan communities comes from white, cis gay men who have made their identities being on top of pop culture.

Everything exists for their consumption and ultimately, their judgment. You see it every single day on this website. Supposed hot takes, judging others for what they listen to, and finding excuses to crap on artists we don’t know much about. 

Azealia is a wicked person, yes. However, try to imagine how someone would feel being on the receiving end of that incessant, false-sense-of-superiority cattiness, since the beginning of their career.

Some people really will become more hateful when they’re exposed to hateful people. Choices made, but there are reasons.

This "entitled, rude, and embarrassing behavior" you speak of is a symptom of almost all online communities regardless of background, culture, race, interests, etc. Forums are a very opinionated and judgmental place. To claim it's symptomatic of the gay community exclusively, the white community, the cis gay-white community, so on, is just ignorant at best. I guess this ties into your latter point that some people become more hateful when exposed to hateful people, and I am sorry you've been exposed to such behavior online. Don't go emulating it though... 

Anyway, it's not up to other's to decide whether or not people should forgive Azalea Banks for her hateful, unhinged, and toxic behavior. She could apologize, upload a Instagram story clip, do whatever she needs to do now or in 10 years, but nobody owes her any forgiveness. Banks is right though -- she owes a lot of her success to the gay community. Glad she finally acknowledged it. 

50 minutes ago, Zeth said:

This "entitled, rude, and embarrassing behavior" you speak of is a symptom of almost all online communities regardless of background, culture, race, interests, etc. Forums are a very opinionated and judgmental place. To claim it's symptomatic of the gay community exclusively, the white community, the cis gay-white community, so on, is just ignorant at best. I guess this ties into your latter point that some people become more hateful when exposed to hateful people, and I am sorry you've been exposed to such behavior online. Don't go emulating it though... 

Anyway, it's not up to other's to decide whether or not people should forgive Azalea Banks for her hateful, unhinged, and toxic behavior. She could apologize, upload a Instagram story clip, do whatever she needs to do now or in 10 years, but nobody owes her any forgiveness. Banks is right though -- she owes a lot of her success to the gay community. Glad she finally acknowledged it. 

Respectfully, it is white men that oppress the most, consistently. It’s not just something they don’t do when they are gay, the inherent biases and prejudices they were raised on are still there.

It’s just weird in general when an oppressed person wants to come for someone who’s also oppressed. Obviously it’s not a competition.

I’ve been trying to work on discussing issues like these in a more constructive, less aggressive way. I’m not trying to perpetuate negativity. This is observational, from my own experience on various platforms.. There is a sense of superiority particularly amongst whites, sorry to keep saying so. The kind of folks who only follow/interact with ppl who look just like them. It’s too common and too noticeable…

She doesn’t deserve forgiveness, she doesn’t deserve anything for saying what she said. It could be for promo, or it could be well-intended. Who even knows? It just felt like the opportunity for discussion, like you said, this is a forum.

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Aglaya

This thread is just a bunch of azealia fans trying to be edgy by forgiving all of her problematic moments just because she “makes bops” :toofunny: lame af

could mean anything

Aglaya
1 hour ago, Nuggets said:

It's really tiring to read all the gazillion excuses Azealia's fans post everytime the shite she's done (and keeps doing) gets brought up. :rip: 

What's worse is that she's always clearly in the wrong, but they always find a way to delude themselves into thinking she's some sort of victim. It's baffling to see.

This

could mean anything

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived