Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

Scheiße, Black Jesus & Highway Unicorn remixes

Cruelty

Featured Posts

Cruelty

Hi!

First things first, if this is the wrong place for this topic, or if there’s a general remixes thread I should have posted this in - I’m very sorry! Please move this thread if you need to, I haven't been on Gagadaily in a while and I'm pretty clueless to be honest. But it’s lovely to be here.

I’m quite new to making remixes and I never really share them online — they’re just something I do for fun, for me. Plus I have nothing fancier than Garageband, so they’re not exactly production masterpieces. But to celebrate the 10th anniversary year of Born This Way (the album of the decade; the pinnacle of Gaga’s discography; the album that made me realise the beauty and the joy of living as your true authentic self), I’ve had a go at making some remixes of some of my favourites off the album.

First off, a song that never really stood out to me, but the concept for this remix came into my head and I just had to make it. My more electronic take on Highway Unicorn is a reimagining in every sense of the word — the verses are inspired by the aggressive EDM of “Aura” and of producers like PrototypeRaptor, dovetailing into choruses inspired by the classic Gaga/RedOne productions. Then to finish off, the whole thing ramps up a gear with a fierce guitar solo inspired by Kate Bush’s live performance of “Aerial”.

Second, a song that I never wanted to remix, because the original record is so perfect that any remix is bound to fall flat. But Scheiße is such an interesting track that I was still desperate to try. I decided to completely reimagine it as a slinky, decadent remix inspired by classic 90s house — we have the gritty piano, we have the 808 drums, we have the deep sub bass. The intention was just to provide a very different, alternative take on an amazing song — see what you think :)

And finally I turned to one of my highlights from the whole record, Black Jesus ✝︎ Amen Fashion. This one’s more of a mashup than a remix — I’ve laid the vocals over the instrumental of RuPaul’s “A Little Bit of Love” (the addictive runway song from Drag Race UK). “Black Jesus” is a perfect runway song, so combining it with the best Drag Race runway song was a natural fit — I threw in a bit of “Babylon” too, and I’m so happy with the result! A glittering runway re-werk of Gaga’s best bonus track. Truly, gay rights.

It would mean the world to me if you gave these tracks a listen. Any feedback would be welcome too — even if you just want to say that you hated it! (Every day’s a learning experience). Hope you enjoy!

NeonSkeleton / amr :kiss:

Cruelty

Quick bump to say that these are now available on YouTube, alongside a mashup of "ARTPOP" and "Future Nostalgia" which I couldn't upload to Soundcloud - hope you enjoy!

Archived