Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Fans slam Billie Eilish's 'tone-deaf ' selfie

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Just days after apologizing via an Instagram story for using a racial slur in a resurfaced video, Billie is in hot water again for "cavalierly" sharing a selfie.
Her post was met with criticism and accusations of being "insensitive."

bill.jpg

♦ "Billie, you know I love you. But it is TONE DEAF and INSENSITIVE as f—-,"said one person.
♦ "To cavalierly post a meaningless selfie saying you miss us days after getting caught using a racial slur. I get that you apologized, but sh— doesn't just do away overnight. You should honestly lay low, or do something for the Asian communities you offended. But posting a selfie? Does that feel like the right move? Read the room."

♦ "Ms. Billie, please stop avoiding the situation. We need a real explanation."

♦ "You're a racist, Asian-hater," wrote another. "Why are you still posting like nothing happened?"

♦ One person called Eilish out for only apologizing in an Instagram story and not in a permanent feed-post. "Why post the apology in the story that disappeared within 24 hours? Is this a sincere apology? Completely disappointed in you! I've admired you for a long time before,"
one peson wrote.

While there were many disappointed fans dragging Billie Eilish's post, many chimed in to defend her as well, claiming that her apology should suffice and spare her of any residual backlash.

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon

whilst i agree she should be allowed to post whatever she wants, telling her fans that she misses them potentially just because they finally stopped kissing her ass at every stop sign is a little... eh

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Gagaloo911

That's it, she's over, it's cancelled. 

Anveeroy

Interscope: You are our only hope, GAGA!

giphy.gif

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Dr Fudge

Taking a step back from the situation, this is a fascinating predicament for her to be in with her album about to drop. What is the appropriate action to take after that controversy when album promo is currently happening/necessary? Agreed that a selfie is in poor taste, but interesting to see what she does next.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Ryusei

so how many posts addressing something do people need? Does she need to disappear for a year Taylor Swift style? Like what do people want? This exaggerated scrutiny of every little thing like posting a selfie is so annoying. 

Musery

CautiousLurker

I wasn't aware there was protocol when it came to posting selfies after online controversy... Someone forgot to mail me a pamphlet :vegas:

I didn't think that it would ever be so controversial to post a simple selfie on insta, but okay.

I mean she only addressed the issue in her story (as far as I know) that deletes itself after 24 hours, so a more permanent statement would probably be the right way out of this.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Archived