Jump to content

🐍 Official visual for Dorian Electra's remix of "Replay" 🐍

celeb

Olivia Rodrigo team accused of copying indie rock band


Featured Posts

brunothesinger
4 hours ago, Jill said:

I find it hard to believe someone took the time to stalk this band's Instagram to copy their public photos for the biggest star in the world right now thinking they wouldn't get caught. Maybe there was some kind of inspiration, but the whole grunge aesthetic is pretty famous and used by a lot of bands/artists.

they literally followed the band on insta, so...

"Honey Cutt on Twitter: "Okay imagine this::: someone working for a huge label starts following ur Insta. To me that would read: wow I could get signed by this huge label. Not wow they are going to take my whole creative direction and copy paste it onto a Disney star.""

- bruno the singer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ProfessionalClown

    6

  • Jill

    5

  • NicoB

    4

  • Teletubby

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Olivia Rodrigo's team has been accused of taking inspiration from an independent rock band's visuals. Twitter user @HoneyCuttBand  posted a thread sharing some striking similarities between Olivi

Sorry but these are all EXTREMELY common tropes. High school/cheerleader/scrapbook type visuals have been done to death by everyone. A lot of these images are references to other things (Princess Diar

I would definitely understand if it was little things but this is basically shot for shot. It’s not just the grunge aesthetic it’s the specific way everything was shot, the font, the poses, they’re ba

Jill
1 minute ago, brunothesinger said:

they literally followed the band on insta, so...

"Honey Cutt on Twitter: "Okay imagine this::: someone working for a huge label starts following ur Insta. To me that would read: wow I could get signed by this huge label. Not wow they are going to take my whole creative direction and copy paste it onto a Disney star.""

Yeah, it is really suspicious. I hope the band speaks out and they're compensated in some way. But Olivia doesn't deserve to be included in the controversy, which is pretty hard given the fact it's her face.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
Link to post
Share on other sites
ItWasntLaauv

A high school/prom/cheerleader aesthetic isn’t anything new, sorry. I don’t think there’s much copying going on tbh. Pom Pom Squad isn’t the only band using the lettered hair clips either so...

  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
7 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Sorry but these are all EXTREMELY common tropes. High school/cheerleader/scrapbook type visuals have been done to death by everyone. A lot of these images are references to other things (Princess Diaries, Hole). The letter hairclips have been a huge mainstream trend since at least 2018. 

This is why i get annoyed with these reaching accusations... like once in a while u get something very specific that is very obvious

 

But there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of songs released EVERY YEAR.. depending how far underground u wanna go tens of thousands of songs are released annually in the english speaking world alone... many thousands of music videos also

 

Now multiply that by all the years in the many decades stretching back...

 

With SOOO MUCH CONTENT of course simmilarities by pure coincidence will happen A LOT. Sometimes it could be actual influence and other times outright copying but unless its super obvious its hard to prove

 

I think ppl need to realize just how hard it is at this point to be totally original all the time with so much that has been done. If someone wants to sit on their ass and look thru content to find a strong simmilarity to someone they probably will find it. It doesnt mean anything

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatican

I can’t at people saying it’s only a HS/Cheerleader aesthetic. It’s like they copied and pasted everything the band did and did it on Olivia. It’s way too coincidental for it ALL to be unintentional. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
HauntingHollow

It looks like a carbon copy lol

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*
Link to post
Share on other sites
Phlop
7 hours ago, Economy said:

This is why i get annoyed with these reaching accusations... like once in a while u get something very specific that is very obvious

 

But there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of songs released EVERY YEAR.. depending how far underground u wanna go tens of thousands of songs are released annually in the english speaking world alone... many thousands of music videos also

 

Now multiply that by all the years in the many decades stretching back...

 

With SOOO MUCH CONTENT of course simmilarities by pure coincidence will happen A LOT. Sometimes it could be actual influence and other times outright copying but unless its super obvious its hard to prove

 

I think ppl need to realize just how hard it is at this point to be totally original all the time with so much that has been done. If someone wants to sit on their ass and look thru content to find a strong simmilarity to someone they probably will find it. It doesnt mean anything

They are common tropes but someone from her team legit followed the band months prior to the album release.

I do like Olivia Rodrigo though and Sour is a good album it just sucks for that small band.

Edited by Phlop
BYE
Link to post
Share on other sites
A MESS
14 hours ago, Jill said:

I find it hard to believe someone took the time to stalk this band's Instagram to copy their public photos for the biggest star in the world right now thinking they wouldn't get caught. Maybe there was some kind of inspiration, but the whole grunge aesthetic is pretty famous and used by a lot of bands/artists.

I know, right? like, let me make a parallel...could you imagine Moschino or Dior completely ripping off collections from unknown designers? It would NEVER happen :trollga:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
43 minutes ago, Phlop said:

They are common tropes but someone from her team legit followed the band months prior to the album release.

I do like Olivia Rodrigo though and Sour is a good album it just sucks for that small band.

Ok then perhaps

Link to post
Share on other sites
gagaisitalian

Huh? Sad high school cheerleader is a very used and very old aesthetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...