society

Italy recovers nearly 800 stolen archaeological finds

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

65902875.jpg

Italy has recovered hundreds of illegally gathered archeological finds from a Belgian collector dating as far back as the sixth century BC and worth €11m (£9.4m), police have said.

The nearly 800 pieces “of exceptional rarity and inestimable value”, including stelae, amphorae and other items, came from clandestine excavations in Puglia in Italy’s south-eastern tip, according to the carabinieri in charge of cultural heritage.

b6990a40a810f80e663d8ec3ab731187ebcadf41.jpg

“During the course of the search, a veritable ’archaeological treasure’ was recovered, consisting of hundreds of Apulian figurative ceramic finds and other Daunian stelae.”

Besides stelae, the collection includes vases painted with red figures, amphorae, black glazed ceramics, and numerous terracotta figurines. The pieces date back to between the sixth and third centuries BC.

60d2337a4b5f5.image.jpg?resize=945,630

800-artefak-curian-ditemukan-di-italia-b

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/21/italy-recovers-nearly-800-illegally-gathered-archaeological-finds

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 3
littlepotter
48 minutes ago, A MESS said:

once a colonialist always a colonialist right?

These finds were originally from Italy tho :poot:

highly emotional era
  • LMAO 1
A MESS
52 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

These finds were originally from Italy tho :poot:

I was talking about the Belgian person right there pillaging my country? :laughga: having Belgium had a very cruel colonial empire?

littlepotter
20 minutes ago, A MESS said:

I was talking about the Belgian person right there pillaging my country? :laughga: having Belgium had a very cruel colonial empire?

I never knew that :wtfga:

highly emotional era
Aphasic
59 minutes ago, Bio said:

How about they give back all the **** the stole from all over the world now? 

This. Like Moctezuma's Penacho that is in Austria and the government refuses to turn it back to its country of origin: Mexico.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHWb4ZyeKd9NhrvicuElY