Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Disney's Live-Action 'Snow White' Casts 'West Side Story's Rachel Zegler

Chlorine

Featured Posts

ZiggyZiggs
5 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I was referring to HER not Rachel.

And I'm sorry but how the hell did you grow up thinking white was the beauty standard? What about pocaontas, mulan, etc?

I embraced diversity from the moment I saw those movies.

Notchu asking a brown person how they grew up thinking white was the beauty standard ikyflll šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Can you like read or maybe think for a little harder maybe? Pocahontas and Mulan had nothing to do with their outer looks. Like absolutely fvcking nothing. Also letā€™s not get started on Pocahontas cuz thatā€™s one of th most controversial stories ever.Ā 
Ā 

now back to snowĀ white, the whole story was based on her FAIR skin and how pretty it was and how red her lipsĀ were and it was so pretty that the evil queen tried everything to kill the girl. The whole story is based on PHYSICAL appearance šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ like how can you not get that loooooooool

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnnyVersace
8 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Except it is?

Then let's remove any characteristic from any character to justify forced casting diversity.

It's time they create POC characters from skratch and not destroy the old ones just for the sake of it.

Again, how would you feel if for Princess and the Frog they would remove every bit of culture that justifies a POC casting just to replace it with a white person?

Ok so maybe they'll change the story to be more inclusive and not focus on her white skin?

Casting a POC as Snow White does not "destroy" the character. Disney can elevate the story and modernize it while still being true to the original version. Her skin is not a huge point in the story, it's her kind nature, her beauty, and being the "fairest" in all the land (which does not necessarily have to mean white).Ā 

If you're really going to sit her and act like it's CRUCIAL that she be the whitest bitch in the kingdom, that's straight up racist.Ā 

KarmaPolice
4 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Notchu asking a brown person how they grew up thinking white was the beauty standard ikyflll šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Can you like read or maybe think for a little harder maybe? Pocahontas and Mulan had nothing to do with their outer looks. Like absolutely fvcking nothing. Also letā€™s not get started on Pocahontas cuz thatā€™s one of th most controversial stories ever.Ā 
Ā 

now back to snowĀ white, the whole story was based on her FAIR skin and how pretty it was and how red her lipsĀ were and it was so pretty that the evil queen tried everything to kill the girl. The whole story is based on PHYSICAL appearance šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ like how can you not get that loooooooool

What I'm saying is that when you're a really young child you often don't even understand context or even the story. I saw these girls from different etnicities and I simply saw them as powerfull women.Ā 

OFC I can see where you're coming from I'm not stupid... I'm trying to put a context to this.

ZiggyZiggs
Just now, KarmaPolice said:

What I'm saying is that when you're a really young child you often don't even understand context or even the story. What I'm trying yo say is that I saw these girls from different etnicities and I simply saw them as powerfull women.Ā 

Are you white?

Noah

Is it just me or was Snow White always a little baby-fat / chubby to me? Wouldā€˜ve been a great opportunity for a more size inclusive Princess.

āŸ” ā‹† Ėšļ½”ā‹†šŸ¦¢ā‹† Ėšļ½”ā‹†āŸ”

Galvon
9 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

I completely agree that ā€œskin as white as snowā€ being THE reason she was the fairest one of all is super problematic and should be updated. I wonder how they will explain where the name ā€œSnow Whiteā€ comes from though. This is where the creativity and new ideas come in and canĀ make it fresh.Ā 

No not just her skin. It was the the combo of her hair black hair,Ā red lips and super pale skin. It made her unique and stand out. But I believe she was more the fairest because she was such a pureĀ and kind person.

KarmaPolice
1 minute ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Are you white?

You're assuming my skin color based onĀ what?

Noah

You have your IG linked nnnn

āŸ” ā‹† Ėšļ½”ā‹†šŸ¦¢ā‹† Ėšļ½”ā‹†āŸ”

ZiggyZiggs

Huh? I asked if you were white? Where is the assumption youā€™re talking about?Ā 

KarmaPolice
Just now, Noah said:

And I say... why should you assuming my skin color? I'm simply having a discussion.. isn't this racist?

Chlorine
3 minutes ago, Galvon said:

No not just her skin. It was the the combo of her hair black hair,Ā red lips and super pale skin. It made her unique and stand out. But I believe she was more the fairest because she was such a pureĀ and kind person.

Right. But I thought fairest one of all meant most (physically) beautiful? Why would the queen be envious of good qualities and/or have been considered fairest by the mirror up until Snow White?

KarmaPolice
3 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Huh? I asked if you were white? Where is the assumption youā€™re talking about?Ā 

Why didn't you ask if I was a POC? You clearly went on the "you cannot understandĀ this since you're white" road.

Galvon
1 minute ago, Noah said:

Is it just me or was Snow White always a little baby-fat / chubby to me? Wouldā€˜ve been a great opportunity for a more size inclusive Princess.

Yeah I noticed too. This girl has quite a strong jaw and I've seen her instagram and she seems quite athletic as well. Not saying she looks bad, just not as doll like I would have Imagined the actress for Snow White tp be.

ZiggyZiggs
11 minutes ago, Noah said:

lmfaoooo well there you go. the funny part is I was on my phone and I didn't even see it, it was just a question. well now I know what's upĀ :huntyga:Ā 

Ā 

9 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

And I say... why should you assuming my skin color? I'm simply having a discussion.. isn't this racist?

again, I didn't assume anything. I asked a question which is the opposite of an assumption.Ā and I asked Ā the question cuz it was a super privileged thing to say ' I never really thought about skinĀ colourĀ like that etc etc' well you never had to lol what you're not going to do is askĀ a brown kid whyĀ they grew up thinking white was the beauty standard just cuz you had the privilege of never feeling that way.

Ā 

8 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Why didn't you ask if I was a POC? You clearly went on the "you cannot understandĀ this since you're white" road.

lmfaoo 'are you white' 'are you poc' basically kind of have the same conclusion. also you're not a poc so wtf are u on about this is very weird

ZiggyZiggs
3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

also most definitely going theĀ  the "you cannot understandĀ this since you're white" road cuz that's exactly what this isĀ :triggered:

Archived