Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Disney's Live-Action 'Snow White' Casts 'West Side Story's Rachel Zegler

Chlorine

Featured Posts

KarmaPolice
6 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Okay she is absolutely gorgeous but... are they just gonna paint her skin white? Is it really in good taste to paint a POC persons skin white? :bear:  Or will they totally ignore the fact that Snow White is pale as snow with blood red cheeks/lips? That's literally the whole character I-

I just feel like at this point they are shoehorning POC into every role to prove a point that they aren't racist which... kinda proves the opposite. It feels like Disney doesn't get the point of inclusion and representation. Just like the 10 different 'first every gay ever  character in a Disney movie' characters

Like I am 100% here for inclusion, I love who they cast as Ariel, but some characters are allowed to be white :saladga:  it's not exclusionary to just have a white character where the story calls for it

Am I wrong here? Please someone correct me if I'm being insensitive to something or missed a point somewhere along the way

Beware, I tried to make a similar point and I was painted as a racist.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CyanDante
48 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Okay she is absolutely gorgeous but... are they just gonna paint her skin white? Is it really in good taste to paint a POC persons skin white? :bear:  Or will they totally ignore the fact that Snow White is pale as snow with blood red cheeks/lips? That's literally the whole character I-

I just feel like at this point they are shoehorning POC into every role to prove a point that they aren't racist which... kinda proves the opposite. It feels like Disney doesn't get the point of inclusion and representation. Just like the 10 different 'first every gay ever  character in a Disney movie' characters

Like I am 100% here for inclusion, I love who they cast as Ariel, but some characters are allowed to be white :saladga:  it's not exclusionary to just have a white character where the story calls for it

Am I wrong here? Please someone correct me if I'm being insensitive to something or missed a point somewhere along the way

What other people are basically saying is that the whole point of skin being as white as snow and red rosy cheeks is not important because we were made to believe that the fairest skin is the prettiest or most beautiful. The name Snow White probably wouldn't make sense, but someone can be the most beautiful in the land without having those specific characteristics. That's all there is to it. I hope I am making sense :sweat:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

ZiggyZiggs
1 hour ago, CyanDante said:

What other people are basically saying is that the whole point of skin being as white as snow and red rosy cheeks is not important because we were made to believe that the fairest skin is the prettiest or most beautiful. The name Snow White probably wouldn't make sense, but someone can be the most beautiful in the land without having those specific characteristics. That's all there is to it. I hope I am making sense :sweat:

I don't think they're going to get it tbh lol a few users have been saying this quite a few times on this thread now, so either they're not reading everything or they just don't get it either way I'm not going to bother explaining anymore :huntyga:

NichuuB

Cher as the evil queen would be amazing:legend:

Property of @Whale

TMM90
20 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Judgments ARE made here though.

One joke or argument and suddenly i'm a racist.

It has gotten harsh on here lately, feels way more like Judgementdaily.com instead of Gagadaily. 

Archived