MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

Fully Immunized Woman Dies from COVID-19 in Ontario, Canada

Kyle Rankin

Featured Posts

Kyle Rankin

Thought this would be an interesting read for everyone. All the way from the city I live in, in Ontario, Canada.

“A woman in her 90s living in a Kitchener long-term care home has died from COVID-19, marking the first related death in a fully immunized person in Waterloo Region.”

Full article for your convenience.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/fully-immunized-woman-dies-from-covid-19-in-kitchener-long-term-care-home-1.5478201?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvkitchener%3Apost&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0smAxxVHtrWn_OgerXsGlffbIByHLV8EzVJuH3SxawnrW74kp89yzo3GA

***Please remember to be kind and respect others opinions and comments. I have no opinion on this matter, I just wanted to share.***

Edited by Kyle Rankin
fixed typos
  • Shook 5
dynamite

That's sad for her family. There will always be deaths, even with successful vaccines. They greatly reduce the severity and likelihood of dying but not entirely, same as the flu I think. It shouldn't be surprising that someone (in their 90s no less) has died from it, and shouldn't be cause for panic or for people to use this as a reason to not bother getting vaccinated now (which I'm sure some people will, not necessarily on this forum though).

Edited by dynamite
  • Like 26
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3
alsemanche

May she rest in peace.

Fully immunized people can still die from covid, that's normal. The vaccines aren't magical potions. However, they do decrease the chances of severe symptoms and death by a great deal, and that's why they are effective and need to be taken by everyone. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 3
Pennywise

...lemme still get my second Pfizer dose in 4 weeks chile :yennefer:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 1
Economy
6 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

May she rest in peace.

Fully immunized people can still die from covid, that's normal. The vaccines aren't magical potions. However, they do decrease the chances of severe symptoms and death by a great deal, and that's why they are effective and need to be taken by everyone. 

Which is why caution is still in order especially with the new Delta variant which vaccines are still effective against but somewhat less so

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
flyaway

I'm sorry for the family, it's never easy to lose a loved one.

But there are different things that may play a factor when it comes to vaccines and the virus. One is the vaccine she got, as they work differently and the reaction is different with the variants. Also, the time that passed that allows a person to develop the antibodies and prepare the immune system. And ultimately each person's immune system, which will take care of the virus.

Edited by flyaway
  • Like 1
Kyle Rankin
17 minutes ago, dynamite said:

That's sad for her family. There will always be deaths, even with successful vaccines. They greatly reduce the severity and likelihood of dying but not entirely, same as the flu I think. It shouldn't be surprising that someone (in their 90s no less) has died from it, and shouldn't be cause for panic or for people to use this as a reason to not bother getting vaccinated now (which I'm sure some people will, not necessarily on this forum though).

Well said. :golfclap:

• Thanks 1
Kyle Rankin
13 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

You have to wait 4 weeks to get the second dose? That’s odd. When I talked to my doctor about it she said I have to get it 14 days after. Maybe because I’m a high risk person?

Pennywise
Just now, Kyle Rankin said:

You have to wait 4 weeks to get the second dose? That’s odd. When I talked to my doctor about it she said I have to get it 14 days after. Maybe because I’m a high risk person?

It's almost 6 weeks in my country. I've heard some places make you wait like 12 weeks, too, so I don't really understand the approach change

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Shook 3
alsemanche
1 minute ago, Kyle Rankin said:

The wait time is different in different countries (depending on doses available and stuff like that). My country is also doing a 4-5 weeks wait for Pfizer, 2.5 months for AstraZeneca.  

Soft, soothing, and succulent
Kyle Rankin
Just now, Pennywise said:

It's almost 6 weeks in my country. I've heard some places make you wait like 12 weeks, too, so I don't really understand the approach change

Wow.

Oh My God Reaction GIF

I didn’t know that.

• Like 1
Flippy
16 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I got moderna and I had to wait 4 weeks. As far as I know, Pfizer is only 3 weeks :zilla:

edit: nvm! Best of luck though! :hug:

Edited by Flippy
TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17
Debithius

Well she was in her 90s and we still have a long way to go before we can make the vaccine even more effective.

Also keep in mind that the effectiveness is at 70% to 95% depending on which vaccine you got. There is still a risk you can get COVID. I guess this vaccine will act like the flu shot which only has a 67% success rate.

Edited by Debithius