Jump to content

💓 Official visual for Ashnikko's remix of "Plastic Doll" 💓

celeb

Billie's past racism against Asians exposed / Netizens demand apology


Featured Posts

Bio

Imagine if she said the F word, I wonder if people here would still think it’s ok :yennefer:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Economy

    9

  • FfFfFfFF

    6

  • Chromatography

    6

  • Jill

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Billie Eilish fans excuses department coming in 3, 2, 1.. 

I think, no matter how young she was (or how some people blame their mental health (a dark place)), you can always apologize for what happened and if people are offended, you should realize they have

i don’t like billie at all. i don’t like her music or aesthetic. BUT, that being said, this is getting a little ridiculous. should she have said that? absolutely not. it’s vile. she should apolog

Chromatography
14 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Ok, "not a Billie fan". Keep defending celebs being offensive for ..whatever reason I guess. 

ok “never said or done anything wrong in their whole life” keep acting self righteous for..whatever reason i guess 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
dynamite
30 minutes ago, Bio said:

Imagine if she said the F word, I wonder if people here would still think it’s ok :yennefer:

I would go from disliking her to becoming a fan :neyde:

Don't get your Chromatica jockstrap in a twist it was obviously a joke.

Edited by dynamite
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hades
18 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Gaga could call us all f-words and 99% of this fanbase would be like

raw

She knows we're dangerous. :gaycat:

95x3svftqfw31.jpg

 

  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
dynamite
Just now, Hades said:

She knows we're dangerous. :gaycat:

95x3svftqfw31.jpg

 

Oh my god

I didn't realise there was a u in tambourine :giveup:

Edited by dynamite
  • LMAO 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
10 minutes ago, Jill said:

Yeah but parents can and will do that to their children. I know a couple of personal cases. It doesn't mean it's fair, it just means the error was there, and someone pointed it out. What would happen if, for example, someone found out their fave was problematic but only by chance? Would it then be valid to "make it public"? If yes, then where's the line? If not, then how do we know that person isn't still really problematic? How do we know if they still deserve our support?

Well then imo they are probably sh*ty parents or overly strict because i find such punishments at that point would serve no purpose anymore :flop:

 

And look, if u want stuff found by chance to be made public everytime thats ur opinion. I dont agree with it unless its something extremely because then its endless. I mean half of entertainment news now isnt even current its focusing on what someone said or did wrong and u can keep doing that forever if u want without an end. Like how many examples do u need? U could spend 100 years analyzing mistakes from our generation of celebs and still not be done finding flaws to expose. Like are u trying to do some ultra purity cleanse to make them come clean about every spec of dust u find? U still wont find it all, u could always find more to put them on trial for and prove themselves

 

And im just gonna say with the frequency stuff resurfaces from years ago on a daily basis now, i doubt its all "by chance". Theres clearly ppl who got nothing better to do all day than to try to make some old situstion go viral and they get some kind of kick out of it. I dont think half the times its even truly a good hearted motive tbh

 

Weve had internet for many years now and old content uploaded online for a long time yet this trend of old mistakes going viral constsntly has only truly taken off 3 years ago or so and not before. Thered clearly a new culture that enjoys this, its not all discoveries by chance all of a sudden

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
FfFfFfFF
4 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

ok “never said or done anything wrong in their whole life” keep acting self righteous for..whatever reason i guess 

I'll do great, honey. See you when somebody else criticizes a public figure.. oh wait nobody can criticise celebs because everbody did something wrong in their life once. That makes sense!

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jill
Just now, Economy said:

Well then imo they are probably sh*ty parents or overly strict because i find such punishments at that point would serve no purpose anymore :flop:

 

And look, if u want stuff found by chance to be made public everytime thats ur opinion. I dont agree with it unless its something extremely because then its endless. I mean half of entertainment news now isnt even current its focusing on what someone said or did wrong and u can keep doing that forever if u want without an end. Like how many examples do u need? U could spend 100 years analyzing mistakes from our generation of celebs and still not be done finding flaws to expose. Like are u trying to do some ultra purity cleanse to make them come clean about every spec of dust u find? U still wont find it all, u could always find more to put them on trial for and prove themselves

 

And im just gonna say with the frequency stuff resurfaces from years ago on a daily basis now, i doubt its all "by chance". Theres clearly ppl who got nothing better to do all day than to try to make some old situstion go viral and they get some kind of kick out of it. I dont think half the times its even truly a good hearted motive tbh

I'm not leading a life in which I purposefully search for damning tweets, nor would I want to, but I shouldn't be judging a person just for that only. If they find something, then good, they might have the secret lock to a famous person's KKK-related secret past or something. If they don't, then good too, if that means that person doesn't have any problematic things to address. I don't get what is to be accomplished when complaining about people "wasting" their lives doing this. If you think they're wasting it, then lead your life in another direction, but don't judge people just because they dedicate themselves to this. I don't see any harm done tbh, unless you're some kind of shitty person unwilling to change and/or apologize.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I'll do great, honey. See you when somebody else criticizes a public figure.. oh wait nobody can criticise celebs because everbody did something wrong in their life once. That makes sense!

No one said celebs cant be criticized. But draw a reasonable line somewhere. I dont get the point of digging up old dirt because everyone has it and it can literally turn into an endless thing of digging up one mistake after another. Focus on issues as they show up thats the point

 

Yeah if i say something racist or problematic in some other way call it out so i can better myself. That does not mean id want u to do some FBI investigation into every mistake i made in the last 10 years just because and then keep dragging me non stop which is what ppl do with celebrities now.

 

Get the difference yet? Accountability and the current cancel culture are definitely not one in the same. Theres clearly a difference in intent there

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
5 minutes ago, Jill said:

I'm not leading a life in which I purposefully search for damning tweets, nor would I want to, but I shouldn't be judging a person just for that only. If they find something, then good, they might have the secret lock to a famous person's KKK-related secret past or something. If they don't, then good too, if that means that person doesn't have any problematic things to address. I don't get what is to be accomplished when complaining about people "wasting" their lives doing this. If you think they're wasting it, then lead your life in another direction, but don't judge people just because they dedicate themselves to this. I don't see any harm done tbh, unless you're some kind of shitty person unwilling to change and/or apologize.

I do. U bring back situations that can offend ppl for no reasom that are already past and could of stayed shut.

 

Not to mention the celebrity is a human being too. How would u feel if ppl started doing a deep investigation to ur past to criticize u for every mistake they find and then force u to constantly apoligize? Cuz thats what ppl are doing to celebs

 

I get that celebrities should be held to a higher standard than average peopple because they affect ppl in mass, but that being said i think the cancel culture has clearly gone excessive. The criticism now is daily non stop like wth

Link to post
Share on other sites
enissa11
6 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

literally everyone in this thread defending billie is saying she should apologize too. so again, not really sure what you’re trying to say.

yes but at the same time you're complaining about the audience that demands her to be held accountable, the point is no one is acting like we're above them, maybe some ppl did similar problematic stuff they regret, but they're making sure she's not in the same place, it has nothing to do with her case anyway, she's famous and there is doubt.

Mad Architect of Light
Link to post
Share on other sites
GucciGa

Ffs 😅😅 this is gonna piss ppl off but it always amuses me that black people are happy for white people to buy music from black artists, watch their movies, their comedy shows etc but if thet start using the same slang then suddenly its racist. It's bound to happen. Look at how we've all started using Internet slang. If you'd told me 15 years ago that half my communication with friends and family would consist of LOL, LMAO, TYVM, GFYS, FFS, WTD etc I'd have said you were nuts. But it happens. And yes there are limits (saying c**** etc) but you can't expect  teenagers to consume all this content and not start repeating it. It's what happens. I'm pretty fed up of seeing people freak out about it and try to harass ppl into apologising. Social media is so toxic and obnoxious these days. Everybody wants to get on their soap box for their gotcha moment and it's only ramped up since last summer. 

And hearing Billie and Finneas interact is exactly why I would not and could never work with my siblings. We would kill each other. Nobody can push your buttons like a sibling! It's kind of nice to see that they are normal though and it's not all lovey dovey 

Edited by GucciGa
😇
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jill
Just now, Economy said:

I do. U bring back situations that can offend ppl for no reasom that are already past and could of stayed shut.

 

Not to mention the celebrity is a human being too. How would u feel if ppl started doing a deep investigation to ur past to criticize u for every mistake they find and then force u to constantly apoligize? Cuz thats what ppl are doing to celebs

 

I get that celebrities should be held to a higher standard than average peopple because they affect ppl in mass, but that being said i think the cancel culture has clearly gone excessive. The criticism now is daily non stop like wth

Nobody is "constantly apologizing" unless they were a real piece of work in the past. This is the first case related to Billie I've seen. Gaga has only one, and it wasn't even during her early years, it was after she became one of the most powerful people in the world.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Economy
2 minutes ago, Jill said:

Nobody is "constantly apologizing" unless they were a real piece of work in the past. This is the first case related to Billie I've seen. Gaga has only one, and it wasn't even during her early years, it was after she became one of the most powerful people in the world.

True. But for the ones that were a real piece of work in the past the criticism will keep coming

 

Also i doubt Gaga and Billie are gonna be criticized only once. The frequency cancel culture is bring up old stuff seems to be increasing more and more each year now. Im willing to bet most celebs that only had to apologize once or twice so far are gonna have more stuff from years ago shuved up in their faces again

 

Hopefully im wrong about that

 

Regardless of the frequency on the same person, im still of the opinion that if ur digging up stuff intentionally and spreading it ur not doing anything that serves any useful purpose

 

But thats my opinion and u got urs. I appreciate that at least u discussed ur point of view and arguments about this in civility despite disagreeing with me. Thats something now a days ppl seem to be incapable of especially if its on the internet :triggered:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...