đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Henry Cavill's gf Natalie apologises for photos from 2008 Namibia trip

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver

The white people from US should stop getting offended over every single thing they find online and stop creating stupid petitions. If her story is real, there's no reason why to attack her or Henry

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise
1 hour ago, Lady Ava Gaga Max said:

A petition was created in a bid to force Netflix to drop the Superman star.  https://www.change.org/p/black-lives-matter-replace-henry-cavill-on-netflix-s-the-witcher
44390587-9701301-image-a-83_162402679005

This literally smells of white people :laughga:

What kind of a stretch is it to try to cancel him over this 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

gumzy3000

The tribe is the one who painted and dressed her. Lets not pretend to be woke about this. If they dont see the harm in this then why should we be criticizing it. 

Personally, I dont think her wearing there clothes is weird but the coloring of the skin is weird. Again, if the tribe did it, who are we to get upset about it?

trolly troll troll

Healed My Heart

It's more embarrassing that she was on My Super Sweet 16 :bear:

She/her đź’—đź’śđź’™

RenegAde

She shouldn't  apologise for this , the indigenous people not only gave their consent but were even the ones who dressed her like this .  

This is one thing that I dislike about  Americans and their silly savior complex .

Emvee

Ok at this point I’m convinced that these are smear campaigns orchestrated by the right wing. This really ****ing ridiculous. 

HEARTSTOP

Dude the people there literally integrated her into their culture, how is any of this offensive? Unless they forced the people to do it, or if she made fun of it, I don't see what's the deal?

And if you see a problem in this, you're forbidden of trying pastéis de nata when you come to Portugal. It's cultural digestion.

IDGAF

Aphasic
1 hour ago, Phlop said:

She should apologize for stealing my man

He proposed to me but he is still finding the courage to show me into society. 🤭

StrawberryBlond

This just goes to show how it takes more than a quick glance at a situation before making a judgement about it. On first inspection, you're like "whoa, this is basically blackface" then you find out a genuine tribe made her up in this as a tradition and you're like, "well, that's ok then." But I bet that isn't enough for a lot of people. Thing is, there is no such thing as cultural appropriation if said cultutre is fine with it and even suggested you adopt it. Most cultures consider it a compliment when outsiders adopt their ways. Culture cannot be significant if it stays within gatekeeping confines. The whole point of culture is to spread it. Cultural appropriation is definitely true in cases where people adopt a culture without understanding it and misrepresent it, disrespect it or even claim they invented it. But taking on a culture you understand, respect it and give credit to its origins? A culture that its people suggested you take on? That's just cultural exchange, know the difference. It's not the place of westerners to decide what's acceptable and unacceptable to an outside culture. Just because these pictures may look strange to an outsider's eyes does not mean that every native group who have knowledge of these practices will view it that way.

I think they painted the skin with some kind of paste, Ive seen it. She shouldnt apologize, people need to relax

3 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

Personally, I dont think her wearing there clothes is weird but the coloring of the skin is weird. Again, if the tribe did it, who are we to get upset about it?

it's to protect against the desert climate so no it's not weird its something they use it's in the soil if im not mistaken, people need to watch more docus about some african countries its interesting, or any country

enissa11

OMG this is so ridiculous to even post, "44 have signed" really? this is not even a thing... Go off and keep complaining about cancel culture and defending so passionately your muscle daddy fantasy from "bullying" i guess :triggered:

Mad Architect of Light

gumzy3000
36 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

it's to protect against the desert climate so no it's not weird its something they use it's in the soil if im not mistaken, people need to watch more docus about some african countries its interesting, or any country

I agree, my ignorance showed their. :ohno:

I guess where I am from, Canada to be specific, any form of blackening or darkening the skin other than tanning is a big no no for white people because of the history with black face and all.

But I do see this particular case being different. Not everything is black and white :shrug:

trolly troll troll

Lady Adga

She should not have apologized, she did nothing wrong. It was the tribe who agreed to paint her for the initiation. Americans once again believing they have authority over the whole world and all cultures. 

Archived