💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people hate Free Woman and Fun Tonight?

Roronoa

Featured Posts

Butters Stotch

I hate Free Woman because the production was ruined. We went from the amazing production of the demo to a 2012 EDM generic track that literally any DJ back then could've created. Sorry not sorry.

Fun Tonight is in my top 3 from the album because I have exquisite taste.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Putang Ina Mo

I understand the dislike (hate is such a strong word) for Fun Tonight because it sounds really generic, but the demo version is good though.

Fun Tonight, though... I really don't understand the hate. 

my username says it all 🇵🇭

Battle 4 Ur Life

Free Woman is an absolute banger I don’t understand the despise it gets.

Fun Tonight is easily skippable.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Space Cowboy

Free woman I have to be in the mood for, its not a song for me and with Fun Tonight it just makes me sad like Replay. I cant listen to those two.

Stephen

Is the demo of FW more exciting and danceable? Yes. Is the final version bad? No. People are way too hard on it. It's just more chill, it's still a bop. I love the production.

I wonder if it would be hated as much if we never heard the demo.

ImMatt

Because they have no taste?? :reductive:What you've done there is name my 4 favourite songs on Chromatica :billie:

The Free Woman hate though makes me laugh because I didn't listen to the leaked demo when it came out and TRUST ME, hearing demo versions of songs before the official version are always a let down for people that hear them. I learnt that mistake from Aura and most of ARTPOP (The Swine intro, MANiCURE chorus, IWBWU etc etc).

People always believe the first version of a song they hear is the 'right' version so even if the next one is better it doesn't matter.

For what its worth, I love the album version of FW as the demo to me sounds like a remix and the verses are too slow and get drowned out by the beat...but that's just my opinion :oops:

StressedOut

Free Woman is a cute bop, but it's leaning towards generic/bland EDM (the bridge and instrumentation in the demo did a lot for the song tbh)

Fun Tonight is also just fine, but same in the sense that it leans towards generic, the chorus on this one isn't as strong

Idk neither are terrible, just not top cuts imo, a lot of people enjoy them anyway :)

A MESS

honestly Free Woman isn't even that bad, it's just generic. Fun Tonight...well, the meaning is very nice but the song is...just shite. :huntyga:

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

ceminay

In both songs you expect a huge chorus after the first verse like most Gaga songs, but instead you end up with a bad beat drop (FW) or just the next verse (FT). They’re great songs, but more than the production, this is what turns people off imo. It feels like the songs aren’t going anywhere.

I also think the vocals make them sound too bubbly, which feels generic with the instrumentals. FW demo vocals sound more raw which I like (maybe because it’s the demo idk).

Aphasic

I love both. Fun Tonight is AWESOME and Free Woman even though is not the version we were expecting is a GREAT song. 

Phlop

Free Woman is amazing both versions. The demo just had a nice bridge.

Fun Tonight is bad.

BYE

Archived