Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Do You Think Xtina Wasn't Able to Sustain Success as Long as Her Peers

Future Lovers

Featured Posts

Reject False Icons

I really wanna know about the diva attitude accusations cause I can’t find any :yennefer:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AJRocketMan
13 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

Maybe her attitude. I know a lot of other artists who have worked with her did not have a lot of nice things to say about her. Also, Britney was a global phenomenon when Xtina debuted and I think maybe it was hard to compete with her. Xtina has quite a few hits under her belt, too, but I think it was probably hard for her to get herself out of Britney’s shadow. 

You know these artists personally or you read about it on the internet?

GagasEarCondom

Nothing she did really stood out and she was overshadowed by other artists

Her long breaks made everyone grow bored of waiting and moved on and she lost more and more with every millennium she dropped an album..and they kept flopping to the floor

Her fans waited years and just kept getting disappointed when she returned to drop a meh album (im not saying thats my opinion.. im just saying what critics were saying)

She starved her fans and gave them table scraps and everyone moved on to eat properly elsewhere

Plus the promo she got was like not good at all

I seriously forgot she existed and recently found out she released Liberation

I like only 3 of her songs:

Hurt- for sad twerking

Not Myself- for strip dancing by myself in my 2 by 2 room

Your Body- dance and fóck

I personally am not the biggest fan of her voice either when she oversings..she sounds like shes in pain

However what are these attitude problem situations im hearing?

Spill the tea :tea:

"escucha las palabras de las brujas" (dont mind me Im just possessing DJWS'S Hard drive for ACT II)

lavender blonde

Attitude. Her "black" phase :laughga:. Oversinging. Lack of her own niche. And Britney Spears rivarly.

It's kind of like with Demi and Selena now. Both started at the same time at Disney. Although Demi is more talented, Selena is more popular one due to catchy songs, sweet and kind girl persona, Bieber relationship (like Britney and Justin Timberlake). Demi is more known for her problematic behaviours, even though her voice is powerful as fuuuck.

Economy

I think was her 4 year break tbh...

A few artists manage to make a strong comeback after a period that long but most dont

In 4 years u have a whole new generation of young ones that either werent exposed to you yet or if they were they at an age where they move on quickly to other artists

holy scheisse

Remember when she and Britney kissed Madonna, but nobody cares about her kiss and only cared about Britney's lol

jaXXXon

Dude, you got it ALL wrong with Stripped. Her debut album was a big success, but it failed to have a huge impact worldwide. She wasn't even a main pop girl internationally and ONLY managed to gain that title due to STRIPPED. That album spawned MULTIPLE huge hits worldwide, especially in Europe. And even though those same singles didn't reach the top 10 on the Hot 100 (apart from Beautiful), they still reached the Top 20 and were/are considered hits in the US. 

You have to remember that during the 2002-05 era in music RADIO was the MAIN driving force behind the Hot 100. Single sales were irrelevant. Not to mention Stripped had EXTREME longevity in the US **because of** the singles. They were whored out on MTV and TRL and the Stripped era was what solidified her mpg status, especially worldwide. Stripped is hands down her most remembered and successful work. I remember the Xtina craze in 2002-04 and she was EVERYWHERE. Her dating life, gossip and all. That's also the era where she won (and was nominated) for the most awards and got most publicity. 

Back To Basics wasn't her "return" to former glory. It was actually the beginning of her downfall. Sure, it spun a big hit in its lead but it was the era where fewer people wanted to purchase her music. Stripped sold at least 8 million outside of the US, her debut did NOT sell that much and neither did B2B. 

It was during the B2B days where she started alienating her fanbase and then took a FOUR YEAR break. That was the main problem. Taking a break after a softer-than-its-predecessor performance of her third album. 

You really need to educate yourself on the Stripped era. It was by far her most celebrated work and undoubtedly her biggest success in terms of singles internationally. It looks like you only look at "chart peaks" but both Fighter, Dirrty and Can't Hold Us Down were/are more remembered than I Turn To You, What A Girl Wants and Come On Over. 

PropaGaga

The root of it all is that Christina is a selfish artist, and I don't mean that as a negative. She doesn't create for anyone but herself. She works on her own timeline and doesn't seem to care very much about success or approval. Personally, I love that, but I know that's not necessarily an "easy" thing to connect with. She's successful on her own terms and a vanguard of the early 2000s, which not a lot of her peers can say.

imsourcandy

Xtina slays. Has amazing albums and is the voice of a generation so she’s still everything!!!! Been a huge fan since stripped. Loved bionic, liberation, stripped, even lotus had some amazing songs.  One of the best performances ever 

her vocals make her one of the greatest artists ever. I can’t wait to see her live.

C1trus

I commend her versatility but IMO, she changes too much that people couldn't make sense of "Christina Aguilera" (in pop culture sense) aside from being a talented vocalist.

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Archived