Jump to content
opinion

Madonna - Gang Bang (appreciation thread)


Featured Posts

LG6IsHere

This song gets largely overlooked cause its from MDNA which was.......an album! But this song is so good and rarely gets the attention it deserves, its atmospheric, its dark, its camp, and not to mention the performance of it is ICONIC.

Thoughts besties?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxfA-UNoFQ8

Edited by LG6IsHere
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yxilon

Um no thanks, the only decent tracks from that album are Girl Gone Wild, I'm Addicted and Masterpiece (and maybe Love Spent?) 

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
LoLaA
Just now, Yxilon said:

Um no thanks, the only decent tracks from that album are Girl Gone Wild, I'm Addicted and Masterpiece (and maybe Love Spent?) 

Agree

Always be kind to others, you may need them once
Link to post
Share on other sites
FfFfFfFF

A bad song from a bad album. Sorry to the OP. :bradley:

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LG6IsHere
7 minutes ago, Yxilon said:

Um no thanks, the only decent tracks from that album are Girl Gone Wild, I'm Addicted and Masterpiece (and maybe Love Spent?) 

girl gone wild.....not with those obnoxious synths and a 53 year old woman talking about 'girls they just wanna have some fun'

  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Anderson123

I liked it back when we got some YouTube 30 second snippets because it sounded really mysterious. The full version is good but the second half gets cringey, especially the "Now drive bich!!". Madonna makes great music but sometimes takes a song and does too much with it, same thing with the overrated God Control.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronk

It has its points, but is not one of my favorite songs.  I think sometimes one's opinion of a song can be influenced by a person's mood or mindset when listening to it.   Or maybe even the mood or mindset when a person first heard a song sets a lasting impression.

I live in an alternate universe.
Link to post
Share on other sites
NightOwner

Used to be one of my favs from the album but I feel like it's one of thos songs that are meant to be be performed. The first act of the MDNA Tour was amazing, and GB is imo the highlight of it. Hard to listen to the studio album after that and conform with just the audio and not the choreo and stunts.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Queen Bitch

One of the best songs from MDNA along with Masterpiece, Girl Gone Wild and Falling Free. 

  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MonsterofFame

I actually prefer the campy demo version more. I see why she changed it though because it was more of a Mika song (he wrote it).

Link to post
Share on other sites
The Child

This radio edit is better

 

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Link to post
Share on other sites
The Child
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

I liked it back when we got some YouTube 30 second snippets because it sounded really mysterious. The full version is good but the second half gets cringey, especially the "Now drive bich!!". Madonna makes great music but sometimes takes a song and does too much with it, same thing with the overrated God Control.

She did the same with She’s Not Me. The song is good but it’s way too long and at some point it becomes just bad.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
LG6IsHere
1 hour ago, NightOwner said:

Used to be one of my favs from the album but I feel like it's one of thos songs that are meant to be be performed. The first act of the MDNA Tour was amazing, and GB is imo the highlight of it. Hard to listen to the studio album after that and conform with just the audio and not the choreo and stunts.

agree. the performance is so good

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...