💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Lorde about the album: "you'll get it in the next Season"

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

If we're talking New Zealand's seasons, apparently next season (Spring) starts in September because Winter lasts June, July, August. So that means we have to wait another few months for it :selena:

From the interview:

Speaking of the new album, when are we expecting that one to be gracing the world?

"Well I cannot give you too much detail right now, but I will say... you'll get it in the next season. It's finished, it's amazing, and it's coming."

Is the album going to take the same direction as Solar Power?

"I would say it's a really good encapsulation of that side of the album but, as with me, there's always the heavy songs, the deep introspective songs. There's many flavours to the last few years for me so this is one of those flavours."

As well as releasing the single, Lorde also dropped the music video for 'Solar Power' shot on a NZ beach, amazingly, all in one shot.

"It was all one shot and it was so difficult. Everything had to go perfectly for us to get that shot working. We must've done it 10 or 12 times I reckon, the weather had to  perfect, it all had to come together.

I've got a whole bunch of my friend's in the video, my little brother is in the video."

When asked about where the beach was in NZ, Lorde said she wanted it to be kept a secret so it doesn't get destroyed but said what ever your favourite beach is, just picture that that's the one we were at.

The full interview: https://www.theedge.co.nz/home/scandal/2021/06/lorde-solar-power-interview.html?fbclid=IwAR0D0GuMymQ5g87uJuguexX1Ef8kZLKxl-uz-L5vDivj32YBTVCbQul6ATE

Update: here she says it's American summertime (4:05) so I guess she wasn't referring to New Zealand's seasons :tony:  she also said "very near future" :tony:

https://youtu.be/hSY-zMOYO1Y

Soft, soothing, and succulent

COOOK
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

you'll get it in the next season.

I think, since she's telling that we'll be getting it next season, is set for the summer solstice this month. She said herself on that email that it'll be our summer companion. I want to assume she's always been addressing the northern hemisphere, especially since that initial plan of releasing the first single applies to just that :pray:

alsemanche
Just now, COOOK said:

I think, since she's telling that we'll be getting it next season, is set for the summer solstice this month. She said herself on that email that it'll be our summer companion. I want to assume she's always been addressing the northern hemisphere, especially since that initial plan of releasing the first single applies to just that :pray:

That's what I thought too, but in the interview video the reporters say too bad this season just started and Lorde says "yeah" and my dreams were shattered :selena:

alsemanche
16 minutes ago, COOOK said:

20 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Update: here she says it's American summertime (4:05) so I guess she wasn't referring to New Zealand's seasons :tony:  she also said "very near future" :tony:

https://youtu.be/hSY-zMOYO1Y

:giveup:

Sneaky Oliver

The whole concept of the album is about summer, I can't see her releasing it on Spring. She said the record is finished and shot multiple videos already

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Helxig

You had me all excited that for once we would actually have summer bops during summer and not winter here in NZ :triggered:    

So annoying that the whole world's music scene releases according to US/northern hemisphere seasons. I've never known a summer like you Americans talk about where all these 'summer bops' and good vibes come out during summer

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

alsemanche
Just now, Helxig said:

You had me all excited that for once we would actually have summer bops during summer and not winter here in NZ :triggered:    

So annoying that the whole world's music scene releases according to US/northern hemisphere seasons. I've never known a summer like you Americans talk about where all these 'summer bops' and good vibes come out during summer

Honestly I felt bad for people who live in the Southern Hemisphere :bradley: I fully expected her to organize it around your seasons tbh since she seems to not care about who listens or what they have to say about it but I guess she also wants it to reach a wider audience? 

Sneaky Oliver
3 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Ii used to bother me as well. The "summer" bops always come out in the middle of the winter for us. But I don't think her label would support an album about summer and especially titled Solar Power during US/Europe winter :shrug:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Ziggy
6 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Ii used to bother me as well. The "summer" bops always come out in the middle of the winter for us. But I don't think her label would support an album about summer and especially titled Solar Power during US/Europe winter :shrug:

Is the album called “Solar Power” officially?

Sneaky Oliver
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

Is the album called “Solar Power” officially?

Yeah, she emailed a letter for the fans and says the album is also called Solar Power 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

elijahfan

Her audience is international, it's definitely dropping in the next few weeks.

DanielM

Next season starts at June 21st everywhere in the world, what are you talking about? :triggered:

alsemanche
13 minutes ago, DanielM said:

Next season starts at June 21st everywhere in the world, what are you talking about? :triggered:

Screenshot-20210612-165256-Chrome.jpg this

Archived