• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed
7 minutes ago, lex92 said:

a cold and very calculating businesswoman it seems

literally the ethos of Madonna

JusKeepBreathin

Is Picaso better than Van Gogh? Two completely different artists with different points of views. 

Also you guys need to stop with phrases like "back in the old days" or no one knows her this generation. 

Most people can't name a freaking movie Marilyn Monroe made. It doesn't mean her impact isn't felt in this generation. You guys are just making Gaga look bad with those silly statements. Things aren't easily in any generation for a trail blazer and I consider Gaga a trail blazer too. Comments like those make it look like Gaga isn't a trail blazer. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I believe Gaga is overall more talented than Madonna, but as far as their impact I think with Madonna we have the benefits of time passing because it will be hard to tell Gaga's impact when we are still so close to it/in the middle of it

As far as their artistic vision, that would be very hard to compare because opinions on art are not really objective

But one thing about Madonna is that she has been able to keep her same image going her whole career, while Gaga seems to want to get rid of hers and be more down to earth now compared with her earlier persona so that may affect perceptions as well. They just have really different personalities to each other and one is not "better" than the other

7 minutes ago, weed said:

literally the ethos of Madonna

Yes, but the difference is that Madonna doesn't put on a fake personality just for creating a consensual image to sell her stuff to a wider group of people. And Madonna is more talented than Gaga. Having a trained voice and being able to play different Instruments doesn't mean beeing talented when it comes to being a visual and performing artist. And Madonna concepts overall (of course there have been some lows over time aswell) are just "deeper" and more avantgarde than just easily consumable.

Pablo

Okay and Judy Garland is better than Shirley Temple :huntyga:

Don't visit my profile

• PartySick locked this topic
PartySick
30 minutes ago, lex92 said:

There hasn't been any Gaga Album with the same intellectual quality like Like a Prayer, Erotica, Ray of Light, Music or Madame X. Madonna still is a true artist. When she is inspired, Madonna is capable of doing great stuff. Lady Gaga had her great moments aswell, but I dislike her personality. She turned into a cold and very calculating businesswoman it seems. Also I think Lady Gagas voice is overrated. She screams too much. And unlike Madonna Gaga has always been a rich kid. Madonna came from nowhere and worked her ass. Now she is a living legend and will forever be the blueprint of a female Popstar.

5 minutes ago, lex92 said:

Yes, but the difference is that Madonna doesn't put on a fake personality just for creating a consensual image to sell her stuff to a wider group of people. And Madonna is more talented than Gaga. Having a trained voice and being able to play different Instruments doesn't mean beeing talented when it comes to being a visual and performing artist. And Madonna concepts overall (of course there have been some lows over time aswell) are just "deeper" and more avantgarde than just easily consumable.

The LIES :sharon:

Gonna lock this :emma:

Both Madge and Gags are hard working and talented ladies who deserve every bit of success they have and let's leave it at that :golfclap:

💚

PartySick

I just skimmed this thread too. Some of y'all have got to get out of this 2011/2012 mindset :laughga:

You can like or dislike Madonna or Gaga (though if you dislike Gaga then why are you on GagaDaily :ph34r:) but the petty stan competitive nonsense has got to die :smh:

💚

Archived