💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Lorde - Solar Power Discussion Thread (the album)

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche
10 minutes ago, Vojta said:

If this is true i’m going to cry

There was insider info about secret vocals on songs (i dont remember if this one in particular was mentioned or not) so this might be true :party:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

New email from Lorde! 

Subject: A very busy little girl! 

Good morning to you.
I managed to escape the city. Work the last couple weeks has been a blur of interviews, photo shoots, trips to 30 Rock, the whole bit. I keep having this funny sensation of being INSIDE the internet— I feel the actual aspect ratio of the Youtube video I’m making, like a doll in a diorama. Feeling more settled though, and doing lots of funny fun **** every day. Right now, I’m here and I can hear cicadas.

d1c25bd4-789d-f84c-7b45-f92d5e0d1b99.jpg 

I’m really enjoying the deep weirdness and analogue nature of this outlet. I suppose one can think of it like snail mail social media, and if I were on regular social media I’d probably be reposting the link to something I’d been in, with a cute and not yet overused emoji or two, so — this is that bit.

I was delighted and nervous to be a guest of VOGUE’s 73 Questions series. I think this actually turned out nice, and it’s a thoughtful interview. It’ll never be this but what can ya do

I also went to visit the Hot Ones crew! What a lovely man and a thoughtful, well-researched interviewer.

We performed on Seth Meyers, which you’ve probably seen, but here are a couple pics that Ashlan took at rehearsals and on the day.

b1a83e7c-6c9d-4603-e016-dff08a3cf904.jpg

aa04449c-46d1-20f2-950c-6198c2dad681.jpg167c049f-2609-a352-e4a7-692df69dfa2e.jpg

Sleepy person rehearsing at Electric Lady

bfc34d1a-98eb-b8e5-0529-1e6cb466ddfc.jpg41bb2913-53cd-7e1b-1124-d11a39504bec.jpg
Backstage at Seth

There’s a couple more merch pieces available for you to peruse. Available for a little while here

7cb8a166-e409-7376-f134-842a67abb17f.jpg

We also did a little rooftop session 2 weeks ago at Electric Lady. We had plans to do a handful of songs but the fine warm day became a large storm, and we got through one take of Solar Power and had to tap out for fear of electrocution. Picked it back up the next day. I love both.

Alright, that’s probably enough for now. I’m enjoying the paintings of Maria Clara Eimmart this week also this William Blake is speaking to me, and I read this interesting story about GMOs in the New York Magazine which I’ve thought about a lot, particularly this little image: “In his talk, Baker noted that there are hundreds of kinds of berries in the world. But among those we commonly call berries, we eat just four: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. There’s a reason the other varieties rarely reach us. Sometimes the fruit rots within days after picking (salmonberries), or the plant puts out fruit for only a few weeks in summer (cloudberries). Sometimes the plant doesn’t produce much fruit at all or is too thorny or sprawling for the fruit to be picked without a vast amount of labor. As Joel Reiner, a horticulturalist at Pairwise, would later put it, “Berries always have some tragic flaw.”

She had a busy week. More soon.
Wishing you continued enjoyment of the summer months, and health and well-being for all your family members.

Take it easy, but take it—
Ella

8f5e21e4-9568-8322-08fa-efa4353087c8.jpg

Jack really just ruined this woman's career. I feel bad for her...

And me bc I waited 5 years for this weak a*s ish. 

alsemanche
5 minutes ago, calpky said:

Jack really just ruined this woman's career. I feel bad for her...

And me bc I waited 5 years for this weak a*s ish. 

Can we stop acting like he pushed her aside and did everything on his own? This is her art first and foremost and she wouldn't have released any of it had she not liked the end result. Both released songs are great and she seems very happy with what she's putting out. Her career is what she wants it to be, and I'm glad she's not just catering for stans and charts but releasing whatever she feels like releasing instead. That has always been how Lorde functions anyway. 

17 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Can we stop acting like he pushed her aside and did everything on his own? This is her art first and foremost and she wouldn't have released any of it had she not liked the end result. Both released songs are great and she seems very happy with what she's putting out. Her career is what she wants it to be, and I'm glad she's not just catering for stans and charts but releasing whatever she feels like releasing instead. That has always been how Lorde functions anyway. 

So it's just coincidence that this has happened with Lorde, Lana Del Rey, St, Vincent, The (Dixie) Chicks, Clairo and Taylor Swift? They all just suddenly became inept? Or did they work with a yes-man?  It's all subjective depending on your taste, but I can guarantee you that Jack will not be remember fondly.

DiamondHeart326
16 minutes ago, calpky said:

So it's just coincidence that this has happened with Lorde, Lana Del Rey, St, Vincent, The (Dixie) Chicks, Clairo and Taylor Swift? They all just suddenly became inept? Or did they work with a yes-man?  It's all subjective depending on your taste, but I can guarantee you that Jack will not be remember fondly.

Says you. Your opinion is fine but some people prefer these types of vibes.. I love the direction lorde took this era. But then again I'm an empath who grounds in the sun at the beach and gets stoned at the nail salon again and again... it's not for everyone for sure but to blame a producer for having a "sound" is a bit much.. I mean if you're an artist and you want a certain sound, then that's the producer you seek out. And lana lorde and taylor have all wanted to go for a more indie organic sound with all of their last album era cycles. I hope you like the rest of her album. 

Bleachella
21 minutes ago, calpky said:

St. Vincent, Lana, Taylor, and Clairo released career-best albums with Jack, and for your information, so did Lorde with Melodrama. I can't speak on The Chicks because I haven't heard Gaslighter, but referring to perhaps the best output that all these artists have ever put out as "inept" just goes to show your own close-mindedness more than it is any reflection on Jack's talent 

js4754394o9823
17 minutes ago, calpky said:

inept to you

taylor made her best album last year

st. vincent got 85 on metacritic

and even if you don't like solar power

he was the producer of melodrama too lol

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

OhHenny2020
55 minutes ago, calpky said:

:golfclap:

34 minutes ago, DiamondHeart326 said:

Says you. Your opinion is fine but some people prefer these types of vibes.. I love the direction lorde took this era. But then again I'm an empath who grounds in the sun at the beach and gets stoned at the nail salon again and again... it's not for everyone for sure but to blame a producer for having a "sound" is a bit much.. I mean if you're an artist and you want a certain sound, then that's the producer you seek out. And lana lorde and taylor have all wanted to go for a more indie organic sound with all of their last album era cycles. I hope you like the rest of her album. 

Nope, it’s actually not just them saying this, several people share the same opinion. xx

ProfessionalClown
1 hour ago, calpky said:

Are you like actually mentally okay rn bc

sis

:awkney:

alsemanche
8 hours ago, calpky said:

Huh? Lana released NFR with him which was critically acclaimed by almost everyone, then released Chemtrails which wasn't as successful but imo is still a great album and one of my favorites of the year so far. St. Vincent worked with him on Masseduction which, again, was a huge album and arguably her best album, and also on Daddy's Home, a very good album. Taylor did folklore and evermore with him lately (idk if he was on her previous stuff too) and both albums are incredibly well received and loved by fans and critics, with many considering them her best albums. Lorde worked with him on Melodrama, aka one of the best albums of all time both in my opinion and critics' opinions, and now she's working with him again on Solar Power, and it's way too soon to judge it because we only have 2 (very good) songs out of 14. 

Idk about Clairo and The Chicks because I don't listen to their music.

So yeah to say Jack ruined their careers and suddenly they became "inept" with him is simply not true. They've released some of their best work with him. I'm not saying this as a Jack stan, I genuinely don't care for him personally and I've never been interested in his solo stuff, but clearly these artists feel comfortable and enjoy working with him, and he clearly positively contributes to their art. 

Ororo Munroe

Some fo you had the same negative energy for Billie and her brother's production and works, were doubting their vision and hating on every song from Happier Than Ever before it was even released 

And where are you now? Crying in the corner, because album is amazing and one of the best of the year 

Stop judging artist's works without even listening to the whole piece 

And stop acting like Lorde should work with people YOU like and follow the path that YOU've chosen for her  

Archived