Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Disney DRAGGED for being fake woke during Pride Month

Werk

Featured Posts

HuffsAhoy
9 minutes ago, Lilbit said:

You didn’t bring much either…they helped with Pulse. Well yeah it happened in Orlando. Of course they helped. 
it sounds like you might’ve worked at Disney world, and not so much the studio….which would be completely irrelevant…meaning you don’t know what you’re talking about. :enigma:

Yes you're correct. I wasn't aware, as someone already pointed out, that inclusiveness varies between the parks division and movie division. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lilbit
5 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Yes you're correct. I wasn't aware, as someone already pointed out, that inclusiveness varies between the parks division and movie division. 

Then what are you doing? You’ve said you don’t care about the representation, you don’t have experience with them, and you haven’t brought any actual facts to the thread other than negativity. They’re a massive global cash cow…it’s hard to take anything they say or do seriously for most people. You have to accept that. :shrug: Most people with your take on “wokeness” would run to make this thread, so…

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Just want to say that's not queer representation; that's queer coding. Not the same thing at all and we shouldn't have to settle for crumbs anymore.

Oh Lord. They same people that are like "why is coming out such a big deal" are the ones complaining about "queer coding."

Queer people can't just be queer in movies, they have to have a queer storyline or it's queer coding. It doesn't make sense. 

Sheev Palpatine  or Yoda don't have any kind of sexual orientation in Star Wars. Does that mean they are is straight coding? 

Is every character whose sexual orientation that doesn't have anything to do with the plot supposed to be played straight for you to be happy?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

UnknownUser71
20 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

Also I've been waiting for a gay Disney prince since forever?

Same.

I don't know why it's taking too long.

Do you guys know what we call this?

PASSIVE HOMOPHOBIA.

Stephen
9 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

All I’m saying is a character being hinted as gay isn’t the same as representation. It’s an easy way for the studio to check off their diversity box without any real risk. I think that you know this and you’re playing dumb, actually. I just don’t get why. :green: Representation is only a good thing. Nothing wrong with wanting it and vocalizing that. 

Is every character whose sexual orientation that doesn't have anything to do with the plot supposed to be played straight for you to be happy?

Of course not. But some actual explicitly clear and straightforward representation would be nice as well, don’t you think? Yeesh.

Oh Lord. They same people that are like "why is coming out such a big deal" are the ones complaining about "queer coding."

I’m not one of those people. 

Eido

Representation is essential for the newer generations 

While older generations might still see the LGBTQ community as "unnatural" or something like that 

If kids see all kinds of love and a fair representation of LGBTQ people on TV shows and movies 

Then it would reduce homophobia by a lot in the coming years.

This is the power that Disney holds and they choose not to use it for money. Period. This is then hypocritical of them to say "oh happy pride we love everybody" while it's just for one month and then they'll go back to their b*

JusKeepBreathin
5 hours ago, Eido said:

Representation is essential for the newer generations 

While older generations might still see the LGBTQ community as "unnatural" or something like that 

If kids see all kinds of love and a fair representation of LGBTQ people on TV shows and movies 

Then it would reduce homophobia by a lot in the coming years.

This is the power that Disney holds and they choose not to use it for money. Period. This is then hypocritical of them to say "oh happy pride we love everybody" while it's just for one month and then they'll go back to their b*

Lefou is completely gay in Beauty and the Beast live action. And that movie made 500 million in the US alone. In the movie Onward there is a lesbian cop that mentions her girlfriends child. 

Pixar Disney short film on Disney+

Watch it it's super cute unless you hate Disney for some ridiculous reason. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Eido
19 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Lefou is completely gay in Beauty and the Beast live action. And that movie made 500 million in the US alone. In the movie Onward there is a lesbian cop that mentions her girlfriends child. 

Pixar Disney short film on Disney+

Watch it it's super cute unless you hate Disney for some ridiculous reason. 

Gurl I have been talking about main characters 

On main movies or TV shows 

PartySick
On 6/6/2021 at 1:21 AM, Sam Winchester said:

Someone mentioned Love, Victor.

"Love, Victor", "Love, Simon", love nothing :enigma: imo, those movies are crap. Give me compelling characters whose personality extends beyond their affinity for the same sex then we'll talk.

Until Disney can write a good story with a proper lead or even supporting character that just happens to be queer instead of only being queer, I'm not interested in what they're selling :laughga:

💚

Archived