💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Disney DRAGGED for being fake woke during Pride Month

Werk

Featured Posts

Lippoutou

Guys, obviously Dinsey and big corporations are hypocrites.. duh

But on the other hand y'all are naive if not dumb if you could ever believe this is genuine. Of course they only care about money and it's just promo stunts.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuffsAhoy
5 hours ago, Oriane said:

This. So what if they're doing work behind closed doors so nobody on the outside can see?

God damn this ignorance about Disney's LGBT work is infuriating. Disney's LGBT advocacy is not done behind closed doors, it's been very public for years. Just because you people are more concerned over "representation" in some mediocre movies and tv shows does change this fact. Do the research and stop believing everything that "woke" Twitter tries to shove down your throat. Ya'll are no different than MAGA's who believe everything Trump says :coffee:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

flyaway
10 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Meh, nothing more than a bunch of whiny Twitter liberals upset over nothing. I worked for Disney for three years and they are without a doubt the most gay friendly company in the States. Their activism is genuine and has been deep rooted for quite a while. They do a ton of charity work in Orlando and contributed a ton after Pulse. Stay pressed haters :whitney:

Of course it's pure, genuine and innocent, it has nothing to do with the money.

That's why it's the biggest company and it owns practically everything. 

HuffsAhoy
4 minutes ago, flyaway said:

Of course it's pure, genuine and innocent, it has nothing to do with the money.

That's why it's the biggest company and it owns practically everything. 

Look I get it, ya'll irrationally hate Disney. But I've provided facts about how inclusive this company is, all the work they've done, and they ways they are changing to be more inclusive going forward. I even gave a link to unbiased article that deep dives into the company's not so magical relationships with LGBT people. Sorry to say but it's not a process that involves the Fairy Godmother waving her magic wand. At this point you all are choosing to be willfully ignorantly on the matter.

RahrahWitch

Not surprising tbh, for so many corporations they waited till it was profitable to publicly support the LGBT Community and only in certain parts of the world.

That's why gay things still to this day get edited out or scrapped for audiences in parts of the world, It's sad that money comes before representation.

HuffsAhoy
15 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

Not surprising tbh, for so many corporations they waited till it was profitable to publicly support the LGBT Community and only in certain parts of the world.

Except Disney didn't wait in the wings until it was profitable :poot: 

Red

lol one time I dragged Disney in here for the same reason and so many people attacked me :ladyhaha:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Pennywise
4 minutes ago, Red said:

lol one time I dragged Disney in here for the same reason and so many people attacked me :ladyhaha:

They probably think their capitalist overlords will be nicer to them if they act as class traitors. :billie:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Red
2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

They probably think their capitalist overlords will be nicer to them if they act as class traitors. :billie:

I mean, it was in like, 2015 and they got slightly better ever since, but what is the point of supporting out community and then making your movies heteronormative af? I want representation, not rainbow merch.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Pennywise
34 minutes ago, Red said:

I mean, it was in like, 2015 and they got slightly better ever since, but what is the point of supporting out community and then making your movies heteronormative af? I want representation, not rainbow merch.

I honestly don't understand how one can be a part of this community and at the same time say "I don't care about representation". Like, representation is so important and idk how to explain that so someone who thinks like that. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

RahrahWitch
1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Except Disney didn't wait in the wings until it was profitable :poot: 

It's literally what they done in the OP....

HuffsAhoy
8 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

It's literally what they done in the OP....

Again, they've been pro-gay for years. So all this fake woke outrage is ridiculous 

45 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I honestly don't understand how one can be a part of this community and at the same time say "I don't care about representation". Like, representation is so important and idk how to explain that so someone who thinks like that. 

Yes its SO important for me to see a gay animated cartoon character. Oh my poor life can only be validated if I see gay people in movies and tv shows, woe is me :ladyhaha:

Not The Real Gaga

Really weird discussion. Disney, like the whole film industry, has much work to do when it comes to diversity and representation. Though the situation is improving, it can't be denied that LGBTQ-inclusion in their most public outings - thus blockbusters ranging from Marvel to Star Wars and to Disney live-action - is very rare and if done, very minimal so they can cut out those parts in countries that ban LGBTQ-content. The things they do behind the scenes, and in their theme parks (only in the West, I suppose) are good, but do not balance the lack of representation in blockbuster outings at all.

Not The Real Gaga
16 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Again, they've been pro-gay for years. So all this fake woke outrage is ridiculous 

Yes its SO important for me to see a gay animated cartoon character. Oh my poor life can only be validated if I see gay people in movies and tv shows, woe is me :ladyhaha:

You meanwhile in another topic:

9 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

The newly formed LGBT+ Center in my rural county is hosting it's first ever Pride events this month!! It's such a fantastic thing to see and it brings me such joy knowing that the LGBT+ youth today, despite living in a backwards area, now have a safe haven. I'm very excited to participate in these events!! A lot has changed since I last lived here ten years ago :flutter: 

HuffsAhoy
3 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

You meanwhile in another topic:

What's your point? There is a difference between crying about not having a gay character in a movie and having a safe space in a rural Republican area, where a transgender woman was recently murdered. :ohwell: Only white, elite LGBT care about such trite things. I can assure you these kids that are literally trying to just exist here don't care whether or not they can see themselves in a tv show 

Archived