Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ellie Kemper 'Canceled' by Twitter Over DECADES-OLD Party

JRCF29

Featured Posts

Hyperballad

I think she should acknowledge the event and own up to her mistake. However, I don’t see anyone "cancelling" her. For some reason, y’all like to claim someone is getting "cancelled" when in reality, they’re just being held accountable for their actions. I do think there are definitely some cases where people go way overboard but this is.. just not one of those times... :laughga:

NCgaga

She was 16. She obviously isn’t racist as many have come out in support of her and saying she has never treated anyone unfairly or racist. 

BUtterfield 8
1 minute ago, NCgaga said:

She was 16. She obviously isn’t racist as many have come out in support of her and saying she has never treated anyone unfairly or racist. 

19*

Hyperballad

Also let’s not say this was "DECADES" ago. It makes it seem like this happened when the Soviets were still around... baby this was 1999 :bear:

beaublue
1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Whether or not it was 22 years ago doesn't change the fact she still went to an event like this. It was a poor choice and she needs to own up to her severe error in judgement. And I didn't see anything in those articles or tweets that are legit "cancelling"; ya'll throw that word around too much. :huntyga:

Imagine telling someone they need to own up to a choice they made as a teenager 😬 she doesn’t need to own up to anything. She went to a ball. There was no malicious intent. She didn’t say “oh how can I be racist without people knowing? Let me sneak into this ball that no one will ever know about” like pls y’all are disgusting. Her brain wasn’t even fully formed & she didn’t have access to on demand information like we do now. Labeling her a racist for this ONE minor thing when she has NO OTHER HISTORY of racism is gross as hell & shows most of your brains haven’t fully developed either. One choice does not define a person. Combing through peoples pasts to find stuff to crucify them for isn’t normal & anyone that does this should seek immediate help. It’s not normal.

HuffsAhoy
1 minute ago, lestyoufall said:

Imagine telling someone they need to own up to a choice they made as a teenager 😬 she doesn’t need to own up to anything. She went to a ball. There was no malicious intent. She didn’t say “oh how can I be racist without people knowing? Let me sneak into this ball that no one will ever know about” like pls y’all are disgusting. Her brain wasn’t even fully formed & she didn’t have access to on demand information like we do now. Labeling her a racist for this ONE minor thing when she has NO OTHER HISTORY of racism is gross as hell & shows most of your brains haven’t fully developed either. One choice does not define a person. Combing through peoples pasts to find stuff to crucify them for isn’t normal & anyone that does this should seek immediate help. It’s not normal.

Me looking to see where I accused her of being a racist and advocating for her "cancellation" in my original comment

Spying Latoya Jackson GIF

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

GagaSine

I feel like people need to understand that racism is not just about personal actions but systemic issues. It's not enough to not say racist things, you must be actively anti racist. We are all complicit in a racist society. (I am speaking specifically about north America btw)

Aphasic
2 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Whether or not it was 22 years ago doesn't change the fact she still went to an event like this. It was a poor choice and she needs to own up to her severe error in judgement. And I didn't see anything in those articles or tweets that are legit "cancelling"; ya'll throw that word around too much. :huntyga:

She was 16 years old. I know full grown people who do worse things. If everyone's past when we were teens was brought up GGD wouldn't even exist because literally every account should be cancelled/banned. 

Phlop

I think her parents encouraged her to go to it. And I read by then it wasn’t racist anymore, it just had a history of past pageants being racist.

edit: it even said they got rid of the racist policy decades before she attended

BYE

Archived