💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

Taylor Swift Joins Cast of David O. Russell’s Next Film

Kalinda

Featured Posts

alsemanche
29 minutes ago, DiamondHeart326 said:

As someone who has friends who are actors it doesn't work like that sometimes. You have an agent and they'll shove scripts at you and that script doesn't always say directed by produced by a lot of times they only include the name of the writer/writers of the screenplay. They scout directors and producers just as they scout the actors so judge if you want I understand this guys a douchecunt who deserves to be canceled but if this is even true she could have signed on to play the part long before he was even attached to the project so unless you know for sure isn't what you are doing abusive as well? Jumping to conclusions? I mean when you assume you make an ass of u&me right 🤷‍♂️ I get why you're upset but 'you need to calm down' a little cuz it's not right to jump to judgment when you don't know the details of this situation nor of how Hollywood works with casting movies. And I'm not just saying I have friends who are actors my step sisters cousin is john c Reilly and I only use his name cuz he's like family to me I won't name drop others but I'm just saying, it's not as simple as this. Also to be fair I'm a huge pop culture junkie as I'm a writer trying to break into the industry myself and I'd never even heard of this guy til this forum post let alone news of his shitty unacceptable behavior.  Attack him by all means but just stop with the hatred towards taylor or anyone else for that matter that might work for someone like this asshat cuz not everyone is evil by association, it's a ****ed up industry and if you really want to fulfill your dreams of working in it, you have to do some side stepping and ignoring until afterwards I mean they could ****ing ruin your career. It's easy for you to say well I would never, but is that your dream? When you want something bad you have to play ball in an industry built on blood and tears and sexual assault of both women and men. Sometimes that means working with shitty people. I mean it's no different for any of us, if you don't want to lose your job you tolerate shitty people until it affects your mental health and even then you keep showing up trying to keep your job. It's ****ed up all over in this world and especially in this country, try judging her a little less and put the focus on him. It's not a good vibe you give off by being so angry at someone who didn't do anything wrong. Again though I understand why you are angry at him and about the situation but is this really who people are becoming now? Hating everyone who is linked through work to someone shitty? I just don't get it 🤷‍♂️

First of all, that's a lot of words to make excuses for someone. 

Let's say she didnt know who was attached to it at first, didn't she go on set and meet the director? Production is already done so obviously she knows who directed the project lol. If she cared, she would have opted out. The information is very publicly present, it doesn't need rocket science to find it.

And no that "you ignore harassers and abusers to achieve you dream" BS does not fly in any way. If she's really concerned with abuse agaisnt women and is a feminist, she would stand by her words and actually do something about it, like the very basic action of not working with sexual predators. Her "dreams" can be very easily achieved with better people. It's not like she's an underground artist whom nobody knows, and it's not like she's depending  on that paycheck to put food on the table. If my dreams are built on others' nightmares then to hell with them.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Apparently every casts didn't know this story about the assault? I mean, looking at list of names who starring in this, every single ones are big stars, and none of them have say anything about it.  :oprah:

As ever that was happening in 2012, so  perhaps the case might already be buried under by his publicists, or not as blown up as, say, if that happened in 2017 when MeToo movement took its peak. Even big movie YouTubers like Grace just know about this now.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

flyaway

Mess at him having some abuse allegations :neyde:

She should get off for the sake of her reputation

Kalinda
1 hour ago, Quenty said:

I think if Taylor read that comment it would be hurtful

LOL. I don't care about the hypothetical scenario where Taylor reads my comments but rather about the very real situation where she's willingly working with a sexual abuser. THAT is hurtful.

Quentin
11 minutes ago, Kalinda said:

LOL. I don't care about the hypothetical scenario where Taylor reads my comments but rather about the very real situation where she's willingly working with a sexual abuser. THAT is hurtful.

9 hours ago, Kalinda said:

I assumed she genuinely cared about the issue of sexual harassment & assault because she experienced it herself

Maybe but don't bring up her sexual assault just to make a point

And keep calm we can discuss peacefully

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

Kalinda
6 minutes ago, Quenty said:

Maybe but don't bring up her sexual assault just to make a point

And keep calm we can discuss peacefully

Well, what does it say about Taylor if she publicly speaks out about sexual harassment when she is the victim but then turns around and works with a known sexual abuser? She justifiably cared when she experienced it herself, but how can you then work with someone like that unless you don't care if his abuse didn't happen to you? That's unbelievably hypocritical from her and I am upset because I believed Taylor wouldn't do something like this. 

Quentin
8 minutes ago, Kalinda said:

Well, what does it say about Taylor if she publicly speaks out about sexual harassment when she is the victim but then turns around and works with a known sexual abuser? She justifiably cared when she experienced it herself, but how can you then work with someone like that unless you don't care if his abuse didn't happen to you? That's unbelievably hypocritical from her and I am upset because I believed Taylor wouldn't do something like this. 

I get your point but that is not what I was talking about.

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

Kalinda
9 minutes ago, Quenty said:

I get your point but that is not what I was talking about.

I know what point you were making. My point is someone like Taylor can't pretend to stand up for victims of sexual harassment and assault if she joins a movie from a known abuser. It makes her look hypocritical and she can't have it both ways. If she genuinely cared about this issue and not just when she is the victim, she wouldn't have joined this movie. It's that simple, IMO.

ProdigyARTPOP
26 minutes ago, Kalinda said:

I know what point you were making. My point is someone like Taylor can't pretend to stand up for victims of sexual harassment and assault if she joins a movie from a known abuser. It makes her look hypocritical and she can't have it both ways. If she genuinely cared about this issue and not just when she is the victim, she wouldn't have joined this movie. It's that simple, IMO.

She’s not pretending we’ve already given you different alternatives to what might have been her thought process going into this, you continue to disagree and think that she’s doing things outta gain/without thinking of others so that’s on you. We can’t do much to change your opinion.

Kalinda
6 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

She’s not pretending we’ve already given you different alternatives to what might have been her thought process going into this, you continue to disagree and think that she’s doing things outta gain/without thinking of others so that’s on you. We can’t do much to change your opinion.

I don't need to construct alternatives to what her thought process might have been, the facts are enough for me. Fact: David O. Russell sexually assaulted his teenage niece. Fact: David O. Russell has a history of abusive behavior. Fact: His behavior is well known and has been reported in multiple news stories, the assault story is mentioned on his Wikipedia page. Fact: Taylor says she cares about abusive behavior in the entertainment industry: Fact: Taylor still worked with this man. 

Nothing can change that and nothing can justify that IMO.

PawsUpJago
12 hours ago, enissa11 said:

not surprised, i suspected she was the type of celebritie who cares about woman's rights advocacy only when she's the one affected

THIS. 

She really needs to leave the acting gigs alone too, she's beyond dreadful at it. 

Also, as much as this woman has always reeked of performative activism for me, we really need to not leave out that Gaga also worked on a song with a known abuser and performed the song multiple times live with him. I've still not heard a satisfactory excuse for her instance or for Taylor's... 

enissa11
11 hours ago, PawsUpJago said:

Also, as much as this woman has always reeked of performative activism for me, we really need to not leave out that Gaga also worked on a song with a known abuser and performed the song multiple times live with him. I've still not heard a satisfactory excuse for her instance or for Taylor's... 

yes, but i think gaga has redeemed herself enough at this point, her apology was sincere, she was the most active supporting star for kesha during her lawsuit, and gave visibility and actively involved a lot of sexual assault victims during her oscar performance, and today she still continues to help ppl with the btw foundation. For me there's no doubt she genuinely cares.

I just have seen taylor giving nice and supporting words to others, then critiquing the industry from her perspective and being condescending in her documentary and songs while profiting from it, that's my perspective.

And as i said before, today you have less excuses to work with abusers, after the explosion of the me too movement and the rising social awareness about this issues.

Mad Architect of Light

Pharamon

Ok Rami Malek is there, there's hope for this movie. Couldn't care less for Taylor

Oh god i just educated myself a little bit on the director and...I hope they all decide not to take part in it ESPECIALLY 'feminists' like Taylor...

Economy
On 6/1/2021 at 6:00 PM, GagaSine said:

So he committed incest? Wtf... I can't believe people whine and moan about cancel culture when guys like this still get work and projects with budgets of millions of dollars

Because cancel culture isnt always consistent.

Sometimes guys like this get unnoticed while more trivial things from 20 years ago get someone dragged to hell

Sometimes it seems almost random who and what creates a wave of story and what doesnt.

Social media isnt always very good at deciding who deserves to be cancelled the most in my opinion cuz mob mentalities means sometimes its simply a matter of what happened to take off in attention the most vs what simply didnt

Archived