• Created
  • Last Reply
flyaway
1 minute ago, NicoB said:

Does she love all of the mariah song as well?:bear:

Mean Girls Yes GIF

Well, she's a fan of hers, so yes :bear:

Oriane

The point is not that she can't name any Elton John song, it's that 2 seconds before she said "oh I love him so much!", just don't pretend things like this.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Lol that was embarrassing for her in the video but at least she had a sense of humor about it in her follow-up tweets. Better for her to roll with the punches than get defensive about the Elton stuff at this point

⚡🐲

Emvee

Nobody expects a normal person to know Elton John songs, I guess... but someone who is supposedly a musician? You telling me she either never heard one or doesn’t have the mental capacity to even remember the names? :air:

Galvon

I kinda feel bad for her about people draging her hair. If she likes the haircut herself or not, she would probably get more respect with another haircut, which is stupid of course. But tbh I wouldn't like to have her haircut either, it looks like it would be very annoying to have.

JusKeepBreathin

TBH the only Elton song I can remember the name of is Sine From Above. But I'm still a fan and I love his voice. 

I can't really remember any Barbra Streisand songs either except for Don't Rain on My Parade. I still think she is the diva above every other diva. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

NichuuB
4 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

TBH the only Elton song I can remember the name of is Sine From Above. But I'm still a fan and I love his voice. 

I can't really remember any Barbra Streisand songs either except for Don't Rain on My Parade. I still think she is the diva above every other diva. 

Everyone talks about Barbara Streisand but I guess I have never seen this woman or heard any of her musics:air:

Property of @Whale

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, NicoB said:

Everyone talks about Barbara Streisand but I guess I have never seen this woman or heard any of her musics:air:

That's because her name is Barbra. Not Barbara. :billie:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Pretty Please
3 hours ago, OMonster said:

She's so inauthentic :saladga:

The fact she later admitted she can't name a single song of Elton's but in the interview, pretends she loves them all... I mean... please.

Gatekeepers of authenticity lol this sites full of people that never make mistakes and know everything they should about pop culture apparently. 

1 hour ago, kukuryku666 said:

In what way this is true

If you don't care about the classics, but you have talent and your own vision

You are still good to go

Is the lack of knowledge going to change the fact that your music is great? No

Is having knowledge going to stop your music from being shitty? No

Also, classics like Elton's songs or Madonna's are just popular music from the past

Not everyone was listening to mainstream

When you wanna be the best, you study the best before you, especially in your field. It's like that for everything, painting, being president, being an architect, becoming a teacher etc... I dont know, to me shows you dont care about the craft when you don't even know who came before you and the crazy amount of beautiful work they've put out. It's like me loving to write but never going too far, because I don't study the great novels, I don't ask what made them so good, I dont study the craft, so I will always be bad at it. Just how life is

Razvan

Am I the only one thinking she's so cool that she tweeted that?

Paparazzi Obsessed

Oriane
41 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

When you wanna be the best, you study the best before you, especially in your field. It's like that for everything, painting, being president, being an architect, becoming a teacher etc... I dont know, to me shows you dont care about the craft when you don't even know who came before you and the crazy amount of beautiful work they've put out. It's like me loving to write but never going too far, because I don't study the great novels, I don't ask what made them so good, I dont study the craft, so I will always be bad at it. Just how life is

Yes, you don't just become a little genius in a field if you don't know what has been done before you. Mastery of the craft comes from knowing the rules that have been created by the masters who came before - then you can break these rules to create your own thing.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

NichuuB
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

That's because her name is Barbra. Not Barbara. :billie:

My bad lol:poot:

Anyways, i only know that she is famous but dont know who she is

Property of @Whale

BornAsUnic0rn
3 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

When the new artist cant name the classics of the most iconic artists of your time, a big sign that they have no artistry and nothing interesting to bring to the table... The good ones always study the best, thats what Gaga did...just saying

But also when presented with a question like that your mind can just freeze.

Hell, when I was being interviewed I struggled to name an easy thing like „my spirit animal“ or my literal hometown. When you are nervous/put on a spot this can happen. 

Archived