💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Olivia Rodrigo Breaks Her Own Streaming Record This Week

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

For the second time this year, Olivia Rodrigo has broken the record for most global Spotify streams in a single week (per filtered Spotify Charts data).

According to Spotify Charts, Rodrigo’s new “good 4 u” received 84,131,760 global Spotify plays during the May 21-27 tracking period. Easily enough for #1 on this week’s chart, the count tops the previous record of 80,764,045 set by Rodrigo’s own “drivers license.”

Rodrigo established the previous record during the January 15-21 tracking period. At that time, the record belonged to Ariana Grande’s “7 rings” (with 71,467,874).

Source:

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2021/05/28/olivia-rodrigo-breaks-her-own-streaming-record-as-good-4-u-posts-biggest-weekly-total-ever-on-spotify-charts/amp/

"My biggest enemy is me" indeed :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
Just now, MANiCURE 6 said:

I like the song but isn't this a bit too much ? :triggered:

Nope.

Luna Lovegood

so is she staying #1 for another week? I hope so I don’t wanna see bee tee ess winning 

luna’s advocate

Luna Lovegood
1 minute ago, Luna Lovegood said:

so is she staying #1 for another week? I hope so I don’t wanna see bee tee ess winning 

nvm they’re gonna get the #1 humanity lost!!

luna’s advocate

tylerjs

Not hating at all, I agree she’s quite talented and deserves the success but wow…I’m really really shook at how much traction she seems to be getting. Like I’m super curious to know exactly how she’s pulling this off because (again, no disrespect) but the music is really not that outstanding to me personally…?  Could be as simple as just because it’s not made for me doesn’t mean it’s not for everyone else. This is an insane amount of unprecedented numbers, especially for a debut artist, so I’m really shook at how this is working so well in her favor. And I wouldn’t say this is even due to Interscope pushing her so hard, either. Are people (especially gen z) just done with electronically-based music and looking for something with a more “authentic” sound and her comparable age to them? Is it older generations feeling nostalgia for her retro sound? All of the above? I might have to research this more because it’s just beyond shocking at this point and seemingly quite random. But good for her! Talent speaks for itself and she seems to have something people can’t get enough of, so keep it up miss girl! :party:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

BABYL0N

I listened to the album and the main reason her songs are clicking with the new generation may be that they are EXTREMELY relatable and they sound very personal. Plus, her voice is so unique she just sounds like herself 

glad we have a new pop girl rising :firega:

DoremonLove

I always find it fascinating how HUGE interscopes debut artist are. Like gaga, Billie,  now olivia and at some point even selena:golfclap:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Jose P

Literally everyone around me or in social media is talking about this album, young people love her and they relate to her music. It’s simple as that, it’s not rocket science. So tired of reading the same bs on every Olivia thread. We get it, you don’t like the album, you don’t think she has redefined music as we know it and thus you find it impossible to think she can be successful, you’re surprised blah blah blah. We freaking get it.

RAMROD
29 minutes ago, Luna Lovegood said:

nvm they’re gonna get the #1 humanity lost!!

Who said that? :bradley:

JaysAMess
6 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Literally everyone around me or in social media is talking about this album, young people love her and they relate to her music. It’s simple as that, it’s not rocket science. So tired of reading the same bs on every Olivia thread. We get it, you don’t like the music, you don’t think it has redefined music as we know it, you’re surprised blah blah blah. We freaking get it.

Did you even read @soularpower post? He was nothing but positive. Why are you coming for him so aggressively?

Jose P
7 minutes ago, JaysAMess said:

Did you even read @soularpower post? He was nothing but positive. Why are you coming for him so aggressively?

I didn’t even quote him?? It was a general statement bc the comments come from several people, it wasn’t aimed at him specifically Miss thing 

Luna Lovegood
9 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Who said that? :bradley:

talkofthecharts on twitter 

luna’s advocate

JaysAMess
Just now, Jose P said:

I didn’t even quote him?? It was a general statement bc the comments come from several people, it wasn’t aimed at them specifically Miss thing 

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

KURUSHITOVSKA

This is only Universal trying to make her take over Warner's Dua Lipa.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Archived