OUT NOW!
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Gwen addresses Republican rumors + new photoshoot

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Franch Toast
10 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

My mom will never let me go alone. Let me know how much I would owe you @Franch Toast :excited2:

@ChicaSkas, I tried to DM you, but it says you're not accepting DMs. 

For the rest of y'all, aside from what I already posted about her supporting the Obamas on several occasions, I think her political leanings are pretty obvious as she said from her music and how she lives her life––just look at how she's raising her sons to express themselves however they want, in ways that don't necessarily conform to traditional gender identities, and she's gone on record saying she'd be blessed if any of her kids were gay. 

As @beli8 pointed out, people are just questioning her political leanings because she's with a country music star. I don't think she's ever been vocal about her political beliefs, but I can understand her not wanting to shout them from the rooftops right now because Blake's fanbase probably does skew conservative, and why intentionally alienate them? To be honest, I don't think even Blake is conservative, especially not after being with Gwen, but he probably has to be careful about what he says. (I know in the past he's made some dumb comments on Twitter.) 

Sure, I would love it if Gwen were overtly more political, but that's never been her. I remember back in the 90s, she ruffled feathers because ND played for a pro-choice event, and she remarked that she herself could never have an abortion, but she supported other women's right to choose. (People were mad that she said she wouldn't have an abortion.) 

On a different note, it made me sad how in the article she puts herself down by saying she's never been the most beautiful, or the most talented, or the smartest, etc. I get she's trying to make a point that someone as "ordinary" as her could make it, but she doesn't need to be self-deprecating to do it. (I still feel like Gavin really did a number on her self-esteem.) 

She/Her/Hers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aphasic
12 hours ago, Bio said:

Ok but she didn’t deny it either :bear:

Are Republicans about all people coming together? No. So that should make it clear what she meant. :ohwell:

Aphasic
7 minutes ago, Living said:

Why would it matter?

it would matter because Republicans have a history (more recently) of segregating people, surpressing voters, pro white supremacy, anti women's right, anti LGTBQIA rights. So it matters what artist you choose to give money to by support him/her. 

DelusionalGaga

She's obviously not a Republican but she could've given a more clear answer. Just say "I'm not a Republican" instead of I started a Ska Band???:neyde:

Bio
37 minutes ago, Aphasic said:

Are Republicans about all people coming together? No. So that should make it clear what she meant. :ohwell:

If you ask a republican they will say that they are :ladyhaha:

Aphasic
12 minutes ago, Bio said:

If you ask a republican they will say that they are :ladyhaha:

That you are right, they'll say whatever (Marjorie Taylor Green teas) to get voters in their favor. 

A MESS

"Gwen, are you a republican yes or no?"

Gwen Stefani:

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

skaxboy

A few years ago when Instagram would allow you to see what post people you follow “like” I saw Gwen like a photo comment that said “Hopefully Republican.”

I took a screenshot and sent it to my friends because we love Gwen. I found the screen shot lol! It doesn’t say who’s original post it was but it has the name of the person who left the comment along with the photo. Shall I expose my fave?

FrederickSpears
17 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

A few years ago when Instagram would allow you to see what post people you follow “like” I saw Gwen like a photo comment that said “Hopefully Republican.”

I took a screenshot and sent it to my friends because we love Gwen. I found the screen shot lol! It doesn’t say who’s original post it was but it has the name of the person who left the comment along with the photo. Shall I expose my fave?

I wanna see!!

FrederickSpears

Gwen has always been very pro-LGBTQ+ and she is letting her sons be themselves and would be fine if they were gay, etc. but I wonder if she is more Republican since dating Blake? I don't know. Gavin was more like her and they had the same political beliefs but I think Blake is republican.

skaxboy
14 minutes ago, FreeBritney said:

I wanna see!!

I searched the original post, it was a photo of Faith Hill and Tim McGraw with their I Voted sticker from Oct 2018. I tried to search the comment the user left that said “Hopefully Republican 👍” but I don’t find it among the hundreds of comments. I have the persons username but I’m not sure how to search their comment. 

Archived