💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Good 4 U...the 2021 version of You Oughtta Know?

Dr Fudge

Good 4 U...the 2021 version of You Oughtta Know?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Good 4 U...the 2021 version of You Oughtta Know?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Dr Fudge

Few songs come close to capturing the raw angst and relatability of a bad breakup like Alanis Morrisette’s pop rock classic You Oughtta Know. But I think Miss Rodrigo comes fairly close with Good 4 U. Both songs really have a strong finger on the pulse of struggling to get over someone, but in a real eff-you-middle-finger-to-your-face type of way. Time will tell the longevity of how successful Good 4 U is, but so far it’s garnered a lot of attention and will surely crack the top 5 on the Hot 100 this upcoming week, if not topping the chart.

What do you think? Is Good 4 U the Gen Z 2021 version of You Oughtta Know? 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

js4754394o9823

i read that Alanis is one of her faves, so maybee

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Pennywise

I mean, it is a good song but nowhere near the sheer iconic-ness of You Oughta Know :tony: 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Chromatica

You're setting Olivia up with this one haha :air: 

I can see Alannis influences in Olivia but Good 4 U feels slightly more in the vein of Paramore. It's a little bit more clean, a lot less wordy than YOK which is a big part of that song. 

Bottom

Yall lowkey losing your minds. You outta know is a genius classic risky trailblazing never been done before never done again, Good 4 U is a generic disney channel theme song

androiduser

I can't hear any differences other than the "ex" theme.... the difference is huge

Dr Fudge

Oof y’all did not like this comparison. Excuse me while I bury myself under the rock I crawled out from under. :toofunny:

COOOK

Was hoping the Alanis song was in the OP, you're really gonna make me search for it :neyde:

Dr Fudge
1 hour ago, COOOK said:

Was hoping the Alanis song was in the OP, you're really gonna make me search for it :neyde:

I got you boo. It’s mostly a comparison of concept. Sonically they’re in the same genre, but very different. 

PawsUpJago

Is it official that this song samples Misery Business? Because it is legitimately almost an exact copy. I'm all good with sampling but most songs on her album are just a version of something else. 

Still think she is so promising as an artist of course, her voice is incredible and she is already killing Taylor in the vocals department for me especially as she is modeling herself after her mainly. 

Archived