Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
lgbt

LEGO reveals LGBTQIA+ set - "Everyone is Awesome"


COOOK

Featured Posts

JanStan
2 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It reduces us to nothing more than a temporary commodity. Notice how none of this stuff is available year round, none of these companies actively market things to the community except during June, and all they do is make feel good posts about how some colored toys are "inclusive." This is not what it means to be inclusive. It HAS to be exhausting bending over backwards to defend capitalism every chance you get :billie:

How pathetic can you be? LEGO’s ‘reduce’ you to being a commodity? Like are you so delusional that you don’t see that EVERY business sees you that way? But I guess in some people’s world businesses are required to be charities as well. Get a life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tylerjs
6 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I really hate this argument so much. It's like some of yall really don't want us to have any visibility. In a capitalist world we are going to have to deal with the fact that capitalist corporations are going to find ways to capitalize off of things. I'll take the representation since they were going to make money off of something either way. Just because something has a cool sounding buzzword like Rainbow Capitalism doesn't make it inherently evil. And it's always first world queers who complain about this stuff while people like me would be elated to see any form of representation.

I fully agree with this. While many companies could go further and actually donate or be active in the LGBTQIA+ communities they’re profiting from, the visibility is critical. All of these brands going rainbow during pride A) makes homophobes LIVID, and B) creates an inherently safer space in many places because the GP are being exposed to so many companies who are at least supporting us at face value. It creates more impact than you think, especially with companies that cater to children. Imagine being a young kid who feels confused by their feelings and your favorite toy company comes to the plate publicly to support how you feel. It’s a big deal, and matters more than some of y’all think. I support it and think it’s great. 

🇨🇺🇧🇸 “It’s one banana, how much could it cost? $10?”
Link to post
Share on other sites

weed

I think it's a nice piece of art, a little performative yes and for money but still better than nothing imo. this just creates more awareness and subconscious acceptance of queer people, young people will be more aware, etc. I didn't know what gay was until like 7th grade, which is messy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IllusionLover
3 hours ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Because most if not all LEGO sets meant for display have the 18+. Because that’s the market they are advertised to.

 

Also I think the youngest age I've seen on a Lego is 8+ or 12+ because little kids can choke if they put the Legos on their mouths. 

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes
Link to post
Share on other sites

JanStan
1 hour ago, uo111 said:

Speak for yourself, I love when people make money off me :pole:

Yup. Fight for my coins all you want. Some people apparently like being ignored. I don’t get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

elijahfan

I understand everyone's point, but at the end of the day, just like any other brand, LEGO's main goal is to make money and that shouldn't shock or surprise anyone. Nobody's being fooled. Don't act like big companies have ever been moral :laughga: Sure, they didn't have the balls to do anything years ago, whatever. They aren't pretending to be delivering a revolutionary message and will jump on the next bandwagon just like any other big company. They also could have done nothing: when I was a kid, maybe I would have liked seeing an LGBT Lego set, just saying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

HuffsAhoy
27 minutes ago, JanStan said:

How pathetic can you be?

 

27 minutes ago, JanStan said:

Get a life. 

Why such hostility? :oprah:

27 minutes ago, JanStan said:

Like are you so delusional that you don’t see that EVERY business sees you that way?

That's exactly my point :flop: This is just another cheap ploy designed to make young, impressionable, gay men like you feel good; when it means nothing. Sorry but if you feel "represented" by plastic toys that's your prerogative but I find it a bit sad. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
Link to post
Share on other sites

JanStan
3 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

 

Why such hostility? :oprah:

That's exactly my point :flop: This is just another cheap ploy designed to make young, impressionable, gay men like you feel good; when it means nothing. Sorry but if you feel "represented" by plastic toys that's your prerogative but I find it a bit sad. 

Nope. You literally LMAOd my post and then talked about bending over backwards with a laughing gif and THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO ASK WHY IM HOSTILE? People like you are the most obnoxious, insufferable victim obsessed type that I can’t stand. Leave it at that and move on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

tylerjs
10 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

 

Why such hostility? :oprah:

That's exactly my point :flop: This is just another cheap ploy designed to make young, impressionable, gay men like you feel good; when it means nothing. Sorry but if you feel "represented" by plastic toys that's your prerogative but I find it a bit sad. 

uh oh guys, the representation police are here
Mean Girls Laugh GIF

🇨🇺🇧🇸 “It’s one banana, how much could it cost? $10?”
Link to post
Share on other sites

HuffsAhoy
2 minutes ago, JanStan said:

Nope. You literally LMAOd my post and then talked about bending over backwards with a laughing gif and THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO ASK WHY IM HOSTILE? People like you are the most obnoxious, insufferable victim obsessed type that I can’t stand. Leave it at that and move on. 

I lmao'd because you're screaming and yelling like a child who isn't getting their way instead of offering a critical commentary on the subject matter. :oops: Like I didn't call you "pathetic" or tell you to "get a life" in my reply to you, so your comments were unnecessary. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
Link to post
Share on other sites

JanStan
9 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I lmao'd because you're screaming and yelling like a child who isn't getting their way instead of offering a critical commentary on the subject matter. :oops: Like I didn't call you "pathetic" or tell you to "get a life" in my reply to you, so your comments were unnecessary. 

Ah so you understand. Just as you got the impression that I was screaming in my post, I got the impression that you are pathetic, obnoxious, and insufferable from yours. And saying that WAS necessary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

CautiousLurker
4 hours ago, BloodyMary08 said:

What are orange and yellow?

People with jaundice 

It's a joke! When you give me that look, it's a joke!
Link to post
Share on other sites

bloody g
4 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

I’m gonna get scheiße for this, but this is the definition of rainbow capitalism. Sure, nice gesture, but c’mon...

”Rainbow capitalism (also called pink capitalism, homocapitalism or gay capitalism) is the incorporation of the LGBT movement, sexual diversity, and pinkwashing to capitalism, consumerism, gentrification, and the market economy, viewed especially in a critical lens as this incorporation pertains to the the LGBT, Western, white, and affluent, upper middle class communities and market.“

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_capitalism

Not looking forward to pride month. So many corporations jump on the pinkwashing train. 

all revenue goes charity, read more here:

 

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』
Link to post
Share on other sites

RahrahWitch
1 hour ago, JanStan said:

I don’t understand why rainbow capitalism is a bad thing (or marketing towards any group for that matter). It’s an acknowledgment that there is a group of people who have buying power. We can take it or leave it. 
 

Another thing, why do SJWs want inclusion so badly, and then when something like this happens they complain? It’s like they want companies to be FORCED to include different groups but if they do it voluntarily they can’t stand it. IT HAS to be exhausting. 

It's not a bad thing when it's done right and gives back to the people they are trying to make profit from.

If a multi-billion dollar corporation like Lego want to make a product to sell based on a marginalized group then the least they can do is give back to said group. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...