💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Angelina Jolie poses with dozen live bees

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

Winters_Nat_Geo_Angelina_Jolie_0267v4-5x

Angelina Jolie posed for a striking portrait for National Geographic to draw attention on World Bee Day to the urgent need to protect bees—and to a UNESCO-Guerlain program that trains women as beekeeper-entrepreneurs and protectors of native bee habitats around the world. Photographer Dan Winters, an amateur beekeeper, drew his inspiration from a famous 1981 Richard Avedon portrait of a bald California beekeeper, whose naked torso was covered in bees.

Jolie was inspired by different visions: of bees as an indispensable pillar of our food supply—one that’s under threat from parasites, pesticides, habitat loss, and climate change—and of a global network of women who will be trained to protect these essential pollinators.

The actor, director, and humanitarian activist joined me for an interview in Los Angeles to talk about the connections among a healthy environment, food security, and women’s empowerment, and the estimated 20,000 species of bees, including 4,000 native to the United States. Protecting life-sustaining pollinators is a challenge well within our grasp, she said.

05honeybeegallery.jpg01honeybeegallery.jpg

“With so much we are worried about around the world and so many people feeling overwhelmed with bad news,” Jolie said, “this is one [problem] that we can manage.”

Jolie comes to her new role with unusual experience. A special envoy to the United Nations’ High Commission for Refugees, she has participated in nearly 60 UN missions to warzones and refugee camps in the last 20 years. In 2003 she started a conservation and community development foundation, named for her eldest child, Maddox, in a protected region in rural, northwestern Cambodia. The foundation has worked to remove wartime landmines, retrain wildlife poachers as forest rangers, and promote gender equality, among other goals. It also trains beekeepers.

In June, Jolie will join the first 10 Women for Bees to take part in an accelerated 30-day training led by experts at the French Observatory of Apidology in Provence, where she plans to get trained in beekeeping as well. 

10honeybeegallery.jpg

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/article/bee-conservation-women-entrepreneurs-angelina-jolie

Dr Fudge

Love bees and I love her, but she high key looks petrified. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Kadikaado

I read dozen live babies I thought, OMG, is she adopting children again. lol

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Economy
5 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

Love bees and I love her, but she high key looks petrified. 

My thoughts too :ladyhaha:

Omg imagine it was spiders all over you :bradley:

River

Behind the scene footage

tumblr_md1y6kpi1l1qedb29o1_500.gif

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

JazzGa

Honeybees are domesticated by people and successfully farmed for profit and don't need our help. They only pollinate certain species of flowers, not generally all of the native plants without showy flowers. Native solitary bees, such as mason bees, that are not kept by humans nor harvested for honey are the ones that need attention and support. The discourse around "save the bees" needs a lot more nuance than TikTok memes and celebreties give it. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

JazzGa

Oops double post

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Dr Fudge
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

My thoughts too :ladyhaha:

Omg imagine it was spiders all over you :bradley:

Don’t even go there...noooooooooo! :messga:

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Rahrahbitchson

OMG what a queen and people dare to call beyonce queen B, sit back Yoncé, theres a new honey B in town, we need the collaboration between gaga and this new queen B. It seems that we will finally have the continuation you guys :enigma:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

GagasEarCondom

They look like their holding her hostage

I love her though no hate

I would squish those bees though and you cant stop me :triggered:

"escucha las palabras de las brujas" (dont mind me Im just possessing DJWS'S Hard drive for ACT II)

NCgaga

She is always beautiful. I hope she allows herself to age gracefully and naturally. She looks like she will be pretty when she gets old. 

Archived