Olivia Rodrigo is becoming a MPG no album out

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noah
29 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Her success is so strange to me.. Don’t get me wrong. She is extremely talented and is beautiful but it all just seemed so fast. I don’t think she’s MPG at all but she can be one day. For now she’s mainly popular in the USA imo and not everywhere else. 

Maybe you‘re just ‚too old‘ for her? She‘s SUPER popular amongst people from like 12 - 18 because of her High School Musical Series Role. She also got Taylors seal of approval (and support) with Drivers License. Also Drivers License was a HUGE hit worldwide (reaching #1 in several places, Radio Hit in Europe). If Miley Cyrus, Ashley Tisdale or Hilary Duff were famous in the streaming Era, they‘d be just as popular with their Singles. People are just now more open to Disney Stars. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Regina George
1 minute ago, Noah said:

Maybe you‘re just ‚too old‘ for her? She‘s SUPER popular amongst people from like 12 - 18 because of her High School Musical Series Role. She also got Taylors seal of approval (and support) with Drivers License. Also Drivers License was a HUGE hit worldwide (reaching #1 in several places, Radio Hit in Europe). If Miley Cyrus, Ashley Tisdale or Hilary Duff were famous in the streaming Era, they‘d be just as popular with their Singles. People are just now more open to Disney Stars. 

Hmmm maybe.. Idk.. 

Ziggy

Her rise seems so weird to me but maybe this is what it was like for adults watching Britney climb the charts early on. Industry-backed girl just shoots to the top out of basically nowhere Lolol good 4 u has a great chorus and video, though, so at least there’s some merit to the rise

RAMROD

Happy for her.

Pop scenes had been weird without actual younger MPGs for a bit now. There were only some who came but not getting nearly there.

But we have her, Dua, and Billie now. So it is all good. Always a space for more though!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I feel old :air: I didn't know what MPG means. I don't like her music at all, it's just not my taste, but Good for her, "drivers license" is in every radio station here in Mexico.

Damon
1 hour ago, Regina George said:

Her success is so strange to me.. Don’t get me wrong. She is extremely talented and is beautiful but it all just seemed so fast. I don’t think she’s MPG at all but she can be one day. For now she’s mainly popular in the USA imo and not everywhere else. 

payola comes to mind, i think she's just a manufactured construction of several song structures that worked for other pop girls like taylor, lorde and billie, her songs are great but don't get her success either

Season 13 Period GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

... and now i just sit in silence.

Born This Way

I hated Driver's License when I heard it on tiktok and that whole petty drama/dual promo situation but I actually really like Good 4 U.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

gagaisitalian

YIKES some of y'all are so bitter towards a 18 year old girl LMAO

Laceandleather

People who make statements like this latch onto trends so fast and then dispose of it as soon as it becomes unpopular ugh :triggered:

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, Regina George said:

TBH she is right where she needs to be. She is a 16 yo creating relatable music for 16 yo's. I actually think it isn't surprising. Ariana is not creating music for that age group anymore. I can't really think of anyone else that is as relatable as her to teen girls right now.  She is living her Taylor Swift self titled debut album moment. I don't really listen to her. I feel like her songs are unrelatable to me. But I'm not in that age group either. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Meredith Grey

She’s such a talent. I also don’t like calling her a main pop girl before her first album has even come out but she has so much potential I’m gonna be rooting for her too. I wanna say her music is good for her age but her music is just good in general. If this is what she’s making as a teenager imagine what she’ll be making as an adult with experience in the industry 10 years from now. I just hope she doesn’t have to deal with all the **** Taylor had to over her career of people trying to damper her success because she’s a young girl

jaXXXon
2 hours ago, Noah said:

Ashley or Hilary never had this type of hype. Radio never embraced them either. Olivia is showing early signs of being someone like Britney or Gaga - HUGE from the get-go. This could be her The Fame or BOMT era. I would also argue that Miley was never THIS popular either. Sure, during Bangerz she was heavily talked about and has a smash hit but it's looking more and more like Olivia is outperforming Miley as well. 

jaXXXon
46 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

TBH she is right where she needs to be. She is a 16 yo creating relatable music for 16 yo's. I actually think it isn't surprising. Ariana is not creating music for that age group anymore. I can't really think of anyone else that is as relatable as her to teen girls right now.  She is living her Taylor Swift self titled debut album moment. I don't really listen to her. I feel like her songs are unrelatable to me. But I'm not in that age group either. 

Taylor Swift's debut album never had these many smash hits and didn't produce a big hit, let alone two-three. Olivia is much bigger than Taylor was with her debut, especially worldwide. 

Olivia might be getting her The Fame right now. 

Archived