Unpopular opinions: Lana Del Rey

Blackout19

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

5 minutes ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

Ultraviolence is unhearable (if that word exists) 

Because it's so good it transcends human hearing? tea and facts bestie 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

SlipAway
6 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Literally her best 2 albums, nothing comes close to comparing :rip: 

Honeymoon is so much better than UV and BTD combined 

JazzGa

Unpopular Opinion: Lana sounds cheesy with trap drums, hip hop beats, and rap or pop features. Folk acoustic core Lana or orchestra-backed Lana are the best Lanas :lana:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

MoonIight

Chemtrails Over the Country Club is one of the worst albums I've ever heard. Lust for Life and Honeymoon are so underrated and she is yet to top Born to Die.

Dr Fudge

Unpopular opinion: people say BTD is her best album because it’s the most commercially pop and she intentionally went that route in order to carve out a space to explore her artistry. Every album has been more soulful since and what I think is more true Lana. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Benji

I’m so confused as to when everyone started loving Honeymoon?  It’s not a bad album but it’s probably my least played :bear:

Pennywise

It just FEELS like she's the cop equivalent of a pop star :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

PlastiscGuy
10 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

Every album has been more soulful since and what I think is more true Lana. 

But who is the true Lana? Folk-y May Jailer? Or Pop Lizzy Grant? She was so diverse before BTD, there's no way to tell :smh:

PG.

PlastiscGuy
11 minutes ago, Benji said:

I’m so confused as to when everyone started loving Honeymoon?  It’s not a bad album but it’s probably my least played :bear:

Honeymoon is a grower. People didn't like it at first because it was "too slow" after upbeat Born to Die and rock-y Ultraviolence. 

Imo, it's her best because HM is the exact kind of music I love :shrug:

PG.

austincola

Honestly LFL, is probably her worst album in my opinion. It sounded like she tried to combine two albums in one. If it had been more cohesive, I’d probably give it a chance. Love and Cherry are definitely the highlights of the album, and Cherry deserved a music video!! 

Arcadia
25 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I wouldn't say saying BTD is her best is an unpopular opinion, but if it is, I agree with that.

Florida Kilos is one of her best songs.

I've been a huge fans for years and COTCC came and went for me, my hype for the album lasted for two weeks after it came out (I am not happy about that)

NFR is not that better then her previous efforts

The only reason NFR is popular is because she’s made it out of the unfair “poser fake” hate bandwagon that’s been following since her debut. All of her albums have the same granular quality. The only thing I’ll give you about NFR is the upgraded lyricism. 

Archived