new music

St. Vincent - Daddy's Home

Chesescake

Featured Posts

Chesescake

Don't miss this one! Guys!

I'm begging you. :giveup:

alsemanche

It's gonna have to wait until Tuesday but I'm very excited for this one. I liked all the singles. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

melodichard

I like The Melting of the Sun and Down. I will definitely check it out tomorrow when it’s out in the US! 

Brainiac

This could just not be my taste but from just listening to previews of each song this album sounds like a snoozefest. Sorry bout it.

jimmytimestep

OK I am a MASSIVE St. Vincent stan. That said, upon my first listen it hasn't grabbed me as much as her previous work. I'll dive deeper in the morning and write more cohesive thoughts tomorrow but right now, i felt a little bored outside of the singles and maybe one other song.

StressedOut

I like this record a lot! I definitely think the people that go to her for more "banger" type songs are going to be disappointed, but it's all so lush, warm, and fuzzy. (As opposed to masseduction which was a bit more angular, disjointed, and punchy)

js4754394o9823

Calling the last track "interlude" is kinda wierd

Outro would make more sense

Or is there more?

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

mamo

this album is absolutely amazing. i literally had goosebumps several times on first listen - beautiful from start to finish. it sounds so timeless and i just know its going to age perfectly - definitely one of my favourites from this year so far and will stay up there for sure. 

my favourites: the melting of the sun, down, ....at the holiday party, pay your way in pain. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

Jeroen Bloeming

I didn't like it on first listen. But I've listened to it again tonight, on vinyl. And I was really entranced by Live In The Dream and The Laughing Man. Good album, very good.

Damon

damn i think this may be her best record to date! solid, cohesive, experimental and has the classic annie clark vibe

Live in the dream is the best song she ever recorded, it really made me feel like floating :nooo:

... and now i just sit in silence.

tyler k

I'm really new to St. Vincent, but I really enjoyed this album!! 

Live in the Dream is incredible omfgggg

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

jimmytimestep
On 5/14/2021 at 12:14 AM, jimmytimestep said:

OK I am a MASSIVE St. Vincent stan. That said, upon my first listen it hasn't grabbed me as much as her previous work. I'll dive deeper in the morning and write more cohesive thoughts tomorrow but right now, i felt a little bored outside of the singles and maybe one other song.

quoting myself to let it be known i'm eating my words

a MASTERPIECE. Had to be in the right mood but it's soooo sonically cohesive and shockingly honest, especially for her. 

Archived