💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

MARINA – ADIAML (Single Out Now)

nightadieu

Featured Posts

ARTPOPe

Why do I feel compelled to do the same thing Marina does with her arm during the Ha! part in the video every time I listen to it? :ladyhaha:

e4c723569bc5e67df933e27f8a9d4aab44e1bb6f

Me by the end of the year

biceps-extreme1.jpg

Stream The Love Invention

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nikolai Barrow

She's always been a brilliant lyricist, but I particularly find this so interesting because I think to my knowledge this is the first time she had explored eastern religious philosophy. She's definitely inspired by Hindu and Buddhist concepts of the self. "I am not my body, not my mind or my brain (Ha!)
Not my thoughts or feelings, I am not my DNA
I am the observer, I'm a witness of life
I live in the space between the stars and the sky" it sounds almost exactly like the Hindu description of the atman. The inner self that walks from lifetime to lifetime. Often described as the "watcher". I recently became a Buddhist so find it really exciting one of my favorite pop stars seems interested in eastern philosophy as well.

nightadieu
9 minutes ago, LadyEnigma said:

her best song since 2015 maybe her best title track ever

I mean the only other title track in her discography would be FROOT and in my opinion it’s a fair tie between the two :wub:

ajmsamuel
19 minutes ago, LadyEnigma said:

her best song since 2015 maybe her best title track ever

Can say the second.. FROOT is the best.. second this one and Electra heart

kindest regards

LadyEnigma
46 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

I mean the only other title track in her discography would be FROOT and in my opinion it’s a fair tie between the two :wub:

there’s an Electra Heart titled remix and an unreleased Family Jewels title track, they’re all amazing but you should def check them out if you haven’t 

nightadieu
2 minutes ago, LadyEnigma said:

there’s an Electra Heart titled remix and an unreleased Family Jewels title track, they’re all amazing but you should def check them out if you haven’t 

True, I always forget about Electra Heart, EVOL and Subarbiea since they’re not on Spotify, however I’ve never heard of the TFJ title track :giveup:

VasilisVas

Not my cup of tea. I like Purge the Poison and Man’s World much more than this song. 

Chic

This is the first track I’ve really enjoyed quite a lot on first listen. It’s paired with the other two on Spotify, and I have to say, as a cohesive work (even though it’s not the whole album) it sounds more appealing. I’m liking the energy of this record so far.

I think she’s trying to push more poetic lyrics in there, it’s making for some weird melodies. That’s not necessarily bad. I’m keeping a relatively open mind for the album.

edengowon
26 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

True, I always forget about Electra Heart, EVOL and Subarbiea since they’re not on Spotify, however I’ve never heard of the TFJ title track :giveup:

what- the title track is literally on my standard version of tfj on apple music...

is this a country specific thing?

the artist formerly known as melancholia

ajmsamuel
4 minutes ago, Melancholia said:

what- the title track is literally on my standard version of tfj on apple music...

is this a country specific thing?

yes 

kindest regards

HausOfAntonio
2 hours ago, Nikolai Barrow said:

She's always been a brilliant lyricist, but I particularly find this so interesting because I think to my knowledge this is the first time she had explored eastern religious philosophy. She's definitely inspired by Hindu and Buddhist concepts of the self. "I am not my body, not my mind or my brain (Ha!)
Not my thoughts or feelings, I am not my DNA
I am the observer, I'm a witness of life
I live in the space between the stars and the sky" it sounds almost exactly like the Hindu description of the atman. The inner self that walks from lifetime to lifetime. Often described as the "watcher". I recently became a Buddhist so find it really exciting one of my favorite pop stars seems interested in eastern philosophy as well.

@ the b* who called her shallow in this thread :staymad:

GunninMan

I’ve loved all three songs she has released from this album so far, but this one takes the cake by far. It’s really harkening back to her earlier work for me, but with a more mature point of view.  

Sneaky Oliver

This song is HUUUGE. Now she’s got me hooked. It’s way better than Mans World and Purge the Poison and the lyrics do not sound like trying too hard to sound intelectual 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived