Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

The Edge Of Glory turns 10

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

NewUsername

Definitely one of her best songs!

I remember the day it was released so vividly!

Wet Fire

When I first heard it, I gasped at how sublime, how ethereal it sounded. And it still does. :giveup:

The heartbeats at the beginning :wtfga:

The uh uh uh uh × 4 :nooo:

The sax :firega:

The bang of it all :nooo:

Bebe

Absolutely one of her best songs - also the Music Video is also one of her best. The simplicity of it, the lighting, the Versace, the 80's throwback :heart:

music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

Luke78619

I remember being 12 and listening to the preview on iTunes and not liking it :bradley: I felt so stupid after hearing the whole thing 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

BlingNotTheMusic

Truly one of her top 3 songs ever :huntyga:

I hope she starts to incorporate the dance version in live shows. The piano version is cute like the first 500 times :ohwell:

GucciGa

The nostalgia 😭. I remember being so happy that she got Clarence Clemons on it as I am a huge Bruce fan. So much has happened I. 10 years... I wonder does it seem longer or shorter for Gaga. 

😇

julz

I remember Kelly Clarkson :laughga: just kidding.

i remember when i first heard the song, that sax gave me chills. The video gave me emotions, knowing the meaning behind it and of course the late Sir Clemons. The performances were outstanding, like the American Idol one.

Babylon Dynasty

My fave :kara::heart:

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

Sneaky Oliver
5 hours ago, Oreo said:

I wish if she released it as the 2nd single instead of Judas, could've been her 2nd Consecutive no. 1 after BTW. 

Yeeees! That’s why Judas is kind of a guilty pleasure to me. I hate how negatively affected the era as TEOG and You and I could have been bigger hits. TEOG was meant to be another #1 for sure but it’s already one of her greatest songs :heart: 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Mister G

I was in Vegas for the first time when this song came out. Radio stations were blasting it everywhere. Good times.

All in all, it's established now as my favourite Gaga song. The album track is great just purely as a sonic experience, but when you factor in all the other stuff, like the story behind the song, and the fact that poor Clarence turned out to be on the edge of glory himself, and the fact that she was so utterly beautiful in the video, and then you have all of those great piano performances, yes, my fav, all things considered.   

Anderson123

Ugh I will never forget what I felt the first time I listened to it. I remember buying it on iTunes and pushing play. I couldn't believe how amazing it is, then the sax wow. What a masterpiece. I got hyped so much the moment Stephen G. Hill tweeted this before we even knew the name of the song:

"And the Lady GaGa...aural energy that had my speakers gasping for water afterwards. The joint "The Edge of Glory"...phenomenal!"

Archived