MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

opinion

House of Gucci to be a comedy?

Featured Posts

OMonster
Posted (edited)

The director of photography recently commented that:

“This film is going to be a little different. It’s a bit of a kitschy, funny, tragic tragedy — like a high-end soap opera. With a crazy cast as well.”

Added to the rumour that Gaga will be breaking the fourth wall, this makes me wonder if House of Gucci will actually be a comedy/have significant comedic elements?

I'm surprised because I was really expecting a dark crime thriller... not something campy. It's going to be very interesting. 

Edited by OMonster
subtext / fantasy
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Shook 12
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SKANK

• boyerased

• MotherOfPuppies

• weed

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The director of photography recently commented that: “This film is going to be a little different. It’s a bit of a kitschy, funny, tragic tragedy — like a high-end soap opera. With a crazy cast a

I think its gonna be very CAMP. Lets be honest, the people involved in this are top tier, they know what they are doing, they are taking risks. I think in the worse case scenario the gp does

I don't see why the "breaking-the-fourth-wall" device can't be used for dramas. People automatically assume it's a comedy device, is there any reason for it?   I really don't see how this mu

ThatGagaBoobStan

poot. :poot:

“I’ve got rain stored in the boobs”-Boobga 2020🤡
  • LMAO 1
Bradley
Posted (edited)

I don't see why the "breaking-the-fourth-wall" device can't be used for dramas. People automatically assume it's a comedy device, is there any reason for it?

I really don't see how this murder tale can be a comedy, it's such a dark story and Gaga's scenes on set seem so intense. Like, you can tell she wasn't trying to be funny.

Edited by Bradley
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
imitalian
Posted (edited)

I think its gonna be very CAMP.

Lets be honest, the people involved in this are top tier, they know what they are doing, they are taking risks.

I think in the worse case scenario the gp doesnt “get it” but it will still become a cult classic. 

Edited by imitalian
  • Like 15
  • YAAAS 2
qoqo

I’m kinda here for “hello? 911? I just killed my husband” paparazzi campyness

Sounds like less of an Oscar movie that way tho

• Like 4
MotherOfPuppies

I hope it's not a real "comedy" :bear: but I trust in Ridley Scott and think it will be good.

I have to laugh.
  • Like 4
Reality

Isn’t it described as a drama/crime thriller? Sure, there may be funny moments, but that doesn’t mean that it’ll be a comedy. 

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 ᱬ // ɢᴏᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍɪꜱᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ४ // 𝕊𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕦𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖 ۞
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
Regina George
7 minutes ago, Reality said:

Isn’t it described as a drama/crime thriller? Sure, there may be funny moments, but that doesn’t mean that it’ll be a comedy. 

This. It’s definitely not going to be a comedy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Sneaky Oliver

I hope not. I loathe comedy movies. :saladga:

i love you lots like polka-dots
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
vpez

I hope it's not, because most aren't funny in my opinion.
But a little humor wouldn't hurt I guess

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.
MadreMonster

I think it’ll have humor and camp but it will still be a serious drama. Which is the exact movie I LOVE :firega:

God I already know I’m going to love this movie.

boyerased

Maybe like Succession or The Wolf of Wall Street. Prestige comedy is hard to achieve, mind you.

FUNK ME DOWNTOWN.
  • Like 4
jorja
Posted (edited)

It makes me think of Knives Out which had humor despite being a drama, not to mention the stellar Cast as well. So if HOG is anything like Knives Out, i'll love it! 

Edited by jorja
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1