MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

Instagram deleting posts about Palestine

Featured Posts

alsemanche
Posted (edited)

Since yesterday, we've been hearing endless stories about Instagram (+ Facebook and Twitter but it seems to be more prominent on Instagram) has been deleting stories, posts, and highlights that are spreading awareness about the events taking place in Palestine over the past week or so. Many have even received notices that their accounts might be completely erased if more posts are detected. The hashtag #SaveSheikhJarrah is being spread online to help spread the world on what is happening in Palestine.

For context, over the past few days, Israel has been taking over the Palestinian Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood and kicking people out of their homes and settling Israeli people in their place. Palestinian people are quite literally being thrown out of their homes and they are watching Israelis casually take over their houses and living in them like it's nothing. This is nothing new: the settler colonial Zionist project has a well-known history of taking over Palestinian homes over its history. This is yet another instance of ethnic cleansing being practiced right before our eyes, and nothing is being done about it.

Social media platforms are evidently taking part in this violence by silencing the voice of the Palestinian people and everyone who supports them. and this is once again not a new occurrence. We've had posts and stories taken down previously because they are against guidelines (allegedly), even though all they show is the injustice and the violence practiced by Israel towards Palestinians. This is why it's important to speak out about these things on social media and spread the word as much as possible. Accounts will be taken down, but others will be made and the word will spread whether they want it to spread or not. Staying silent about colonial violence and ethnic cleansing is being complicit to it. #SaveSheikhJarrah

Some links to news and reports on what's happening in Sheikh Jarrah:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1390058985177456649?s=20

https://twitter.com/LinahAlsaafin/status/1389448204752769027?s=20

https://twitter.com/runinsmikasa/status/1390049427516231681?s=20

Here's to hoping this thread doesn't turn into a mess 

Edited by alsemanche
Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 3
  • Shook 9
  • Sad 10
Miaa

How this is happening in 2021 is beyond me. We will never learn

"How can I protect something so perfect without evil?"
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Regina George

**** Instagram! :fthis:

• Like 3
GABEL

It’s common sense that Facebook does censorship under the demand of  governments

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Kimmo

I’ve been going through my story feed and I’ve been seeing the “This story is no longer available” left and right, what the hell is going on? 

They are also deleting posts about native genocide awareness, even Grimes posted on her story :saladga:

241-F8964-659-C-4-AC0-B0-FC-C7-D19-C5577

Tragic.
River

I don't know if you have any real knowledge about Sheikh Jarrah but this neighborhood has been in a mess for a long time because there are Israhelli families who has a proof that they are owners of the land before the creation of Israhell.. so the Palestinians owners of the houses went to the high court to stop the Israhelli families from kicking them out and the high court delayed today the ruling.

So right now the eviction is not happening, what is happening is a big riot in the neighborhood against the delay.

What is happening now is a big riot of families, Israhellis vs Palestinians, something like mafia, and the neighborhood is burning, with guns and stuff, the forces of both sides are trying to end it, some Israhelli guys are trying to kick out illegally Palestinians from their homes but without success.

So I think what is happening is that Instagram is flagging some posts about "Israhell is kicking them out now" as fake news because technically speaking it's not happening, it's private people's actions, it's illegal by the Israeli law, the high court delay stops any action against the families even the government, especially the government.

I'm following all day the situation, so far posts from my friends are ok, but 3 friends are at the police station for "spreading anti Israhelli propaganda" on Facebook.. nothing happened to their posts though

now pay attention that shitty Israhell cyber people are the one the reporting these posts too.

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Baby
Posted (edited)

I am Israeli and I live inside the palestinian territory in peace. muslims and jewish together. Working together and living together. 

They actually prefer to live with the israelis because they will have more rights, more freedom and more money.

Stop believing to the viral fake war.

We are making a big mistake and the media likes it - they brainwashed people.

I will not answer to any comment, it is not worth it.

Free palestine from the terrorist regime. Peace and love ❤

Edited by Baby
  • Love 3
  • Shook 1
littlepotter
31 minutes ago, Baby said:

Free palestine from the terrorist regime.

I see what you're trying to do and it's not going to work. We all see very clearly who and what is the terorrist regime. "They actually prefer to live with the israelis because they will have more rights, more freedom and more money." THIS is the horrible propaganda being spread - they don't want to live with Israelis, they want to live ALONE on their OWN land that was STOLEN from them.

highly emotional era
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 9
Magic Mike

Just now, littlepotter said:

I see what you're trying to do and it's not going to work. We all see very clearly who and what is the terorrist regime. "They actually prefer to live with the israelis because they will have more rights, more freedom and more money." THIS is the horrible propaganda being spread - they don't want to live with Israelis, they want to live ALONE on their OWN land that was STOLEN from them.

Thank you 

• Like 1
bionic

Well we all know what side Facebook Inc is on then :messga:

buy bionic
Benji
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

Well we all know what side Facebook Inc is on then :messga:

Facebook just bows to whoever can shove the most money in its pockets.  We see it all over the world.  I’m so glad I deleted my account the other year.

• Like 3
bionic
1 minute ago, Benji said:

Facebook just bows to whoever can shove the most money in its pockets.  We see it all over the world.  I’m so glad I deleted my account the other year.

I recently got blocked from FB for trying to reset my password too many times (they didn't send the reset emails for weeks). The site support is non-existent so I just gave up and have left. Zero intention of going back. They've already got plenty of data to sell from me :koons: 

buy bionic
Benji
1 minute ago, bionic said:

I recently got blocked from FB for trying to reset my password too many times (they didn't send the reset emails for weeks). The site support is non-existent so I just gave up and have left. Zero intention of going back. They've already got plenty of data to sell from me :koons: 

Sounds very similar to experiences I had years ago.  I was trying to desperately just get an actual human to help with a technical issue but it’s all just bots with prepared answers :saladga:

• Love 1
River
3 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

It's like to talk to the air with them trust me, I stopped trying, it only brings hell, they will never understand, after some many years of right-wing governments, to be born into that and to know only their propaganda, they are so brainwashed that it's just useless to even discuss and let them understand that Israhell is wrong.

They don't see the Palestinians as people anymore.. it's horrible.

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 2
bionic
2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Sounds very similar to experiences I had years ago.  I was trying to desperately just get an actual human to help with a technical issue but it’s all just bots with prepared answers :saladga:

Its really infuritaing. Each bot transcript ends with 'Did this solve the problem?' and if you select 'No' it just takes you back the beginning of the script :saladga: Totally unreachable on Facebook, Twitter, etc for support. By design no doubt! #BoycottFacebook

buy bionic
  • Like 1