Chromatica out now

💌 monthly fan mail 💌
society

Bill and Melinda Gates announce divorce

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

bill-melinda-gates.jpg

Bill Gates and his wife Melinda are getting divorced.

the couple announced they've made a decision to end their marriage.

Bill and Melinda began dating in 1987 after meeting at a New York trade show, and she'd go on to work in marketing for Microsoft and be appointed as General Manager of Information Products in the early '90s.

The couple wed on January 1, 1994 in Hawaii ... and Melinda left the company in 1996 to focus on starting their family.

... there's going to be A LOT of money at play in this divorce.

The Gates' net worth is estimated at more than $130 billion

Source

• Shook 5
imnotyourbabe10

Regardless of money, I always get so existential and sad when I consider the impermanence of relationships. I’m no nuclear family, get married and have kids person. I do understand attachment and human biology and love — and how it is precarious. 

I just can’t get past not making things work or picking one’s battles. That’s why my heart goes out to them. My grandparents were married for 36 years before splitting. Unfathomable heartache. Yet I can’t get through 2 years with a partner. C’mon y’all, what would Gaga say? “I would battle for you, even if we break in two.”

Sometimes the question “Why?” can never be satisfied. 

I, however, have no empathy about the money stuff lol 

Edited by imnotyourbabe10
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have much empathy for them, as I do for anyone divorcing.

I admire them for raising their children to adulthood before divorcing; surmising this is a culmination act.

Beyond these aforementioned feelings, I just don’t care about related material matters, but do wish them well forward, as individuals; there’s surely enough money for equitable settlement.

• Like 2

Hopefully it's amicable, both can live their individual lives. They seem like good people, just happened to become the richest (idk if he's evil)