Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Perfect Illusion Appreciation

itsdominik

Featured Posts

itsdominik

Can we all take a second to appreciate Perfect Illusion for what it is? A f***ing BOP :giveup:

I know many fans aren‘t really crazy about the song, which I guess, also has to do with its chart performance. But commercial success aside…the song is just SO good!

I‘ve listened to PI again today after quite some time and honestly I was completely slayed by it. The production is ON POINT, Gaga‘s raw vocals really fit the song, its lyrics and the key change are so damn good. To me the energy this song radiates is pure adrenaline! The intro still makes me jump every single time I listen to this banger! There‘s also something so powerful about Gaga screaming the lyrics from the top of her lungs during the outro of the song :giveup:

Is it Gaga‘s best song? Probably not

Was it lead single material? Maybe

Is the song a banger! ABSOLUTELY  

tumblr_odm0dpimIi1rtm6dso1_500.gif

Lucas

It's an absolute bop! Like this rush of adrenaline in the middle of Joanne.
I can totally understand why it was the lead single and it's quite an underrated song tbh.

Gonna listen to it now :flutter:

Eggs

A lot of Gaga's best songs have this manic energy that makes them sound like they're going to careen off the rails at any second, and Perfect Illusion is one such example. It starts off big, and then just keeps on getting bigger and bigger, even when you think it's got no where left to go. From the moment those backing vocals come in 'where are you cos I can't see', the song transforms into an all-devouring beast, that keeps eating and eating until its consumed even itself.

old sanuk

Perfect Illusion is the Gaga song that I dislike the most. I’m just not a fan of exalted vengeance songs; never have been. Suffice to state I have only empathic sadness for the subject of this song, whomever it was written to/about. A most unkind song; some things are best left unsaid, unsung.

dubstep111

I have been a gaga fan since the beginning and perfect illusion is like the one song that never gets old to me. Also the fact that the song seems to fly by always makes me want to listen to it again.

AndrewGr

I've loved it since the very first listen and it has aged like fine wine. Like fine Dom Perignon, one would say.

Anderson123

I love it now but was so disappointed when it came out. The song did nothing to me the first time I listened to it, like I couldn't believe that was it. The music video made me appreciate it more and with time, it clicked. One of the best songs on the album and one of the few I still listen to.

Putang Ina Mo

I instantly loved Perfect Illusion the first time it dropped, and I still love it until now. Though, I was hoping that the entirety Joanne album had a rock-centric sound similar to Perfect Illusion and Miley's Night Crawling. 

my username says it all 🇵🇭

Grigio Guy

DEFINITELY ON THE TOP THREE LIST OF HER BEST SONGS EVER.

the song makes me feel like my man and I broke up and I’m doing X at a desert party. :tony:

Religion is a product to sell.

weloveheragain

I listen to it everyday and to this edit too

free woman demo in my veins

Wet Fire

I failed an exam which was held in the day after its release. Couldn't focus on studying because "It wasn't luuuv" was constantly playing in my head :selena:

A MESS

i really love PI, never got why people don't like it

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

RenegAde

We get these PI appreciation threads every 2 minutes on here and I'm so here for it , wish it happened back in 2016 but oh well

Archived