Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Billie Eilish - Your Power

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

Because I'm obsessed with the way you celebrate a pseudo-artist inflated by the media and the imperialist culture industry and applaud her for every tiny stupid gesture while slamming poor Gaga at every new opportunity you find <3

I-

okay :bear:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
5 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

Because I'm obsessed with the way you celebrate a pseudo-artist inflated by the media and the imperialist culture industry and applaud her for every tiny stupid gesture while slamming poor Gaga at every new opportunity you find <3

All of this is your opinion, don’t speak about things as if they are fact when they’re not.

Trash the song if you don’t like it, that’s your opinion and this is a forum where you should be allowed to share that without being policed, but don’t talk down and be spiteful for the sake of it. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

NCgaga

It’s a good album song. Good vocals, Very pretty and nice lyrics- but this is not a good lead single. 

Maybe trying to follow in the footsteps of Taylor’S Folklore success? I don’t think this is gonna smash with the GP- but I’m excited about the album. 

n1kos

I like it... 

Maybe her best song after All i ever wanted 

I will fly on a challenger across the sky like a phoenix..

BlingNotTheMusic

Like the song, lover her vocals. Feels more like a middle album track rather than lead single. 

Also hope she has more up-tempo songs on the album. 

She LOOKS stunning!

I am with the enunciation police and you are under arrest, Ms Eilish. I must warn you that anything you sing can be written down and used in evidence against you, or at least it could be if anyone had any idea what you were actually singing.

TimisaMonster

Eh honestly the song was pretty boring but idk...just hope there's something a lil more upbeat on the album 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

HEARTSTOP

I love Billie, but this song wasn't it for me. Maybe it will grow on me like Therefore I Am.

Either way, she should fire whoever did that snake CGI, it's so distracting from the emotion.

IDGAF

Anderson123

The song is pretty chill but sounds good and her vocals even better. Not really my favorite so far, I prefer the other 2 songs she released for this project already but seems like she's saving something for later because these are almost at the end of it. I've only listened to it once and don't even remember it. Therefore I Am was stuck in my head all day after the first listen.

alsemanche
1 hour ago, HEARTSTOP said:

I love Billie, but this song wasn't it for me. Maybe it will grow on me like Therefore I Am.

Either way, she should fire whoever did that snake CGI, it's so distracting from the emotion.

The snake is real actually. She posted it in her IG stories. I think it's the coloring/editing or something that's off. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Born This Way

It's a good song, I'll probably like it more on the album. And I'm not gonna watch the video I hate snakes. Why do so many music videos have snakes in them recently :giveup:

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

StrawberryBlond

I think the acoustic intro and outro is a very basic production, it seems like I've heard this from so many artists and I'm surprised she went down such an unoriginal route with that. But when I realised that part is actually minimal, I could appreciate the lyrics and her vocals so much more. Her voice is sounding very airy and angelic these days and the entire song, video and general vibe were very hypnotic. Not what I expected as a lead single but it looks like its going to blow up regardless. I'm glad that she's already branching out a bit as so many artists like to replicate the same lane as last time when their breakout was as successful as hers.

8 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Can we discuss the lyrics? 

I'm interpreting this song is about Q, her ex boyfriend shown in her documentary.

That's what I thought too. She did say it was highly personal to her. But like a lot of Billie's songs, there's a chance she could be talking about more generalised experiences of a social issue. She did say that it involves stuff she might have experienced or witnessed as if some of it is when she's an observer looking in. She maybe really wanted to be make a song about the MeToo movement as well and thought it was a highly topical moment to do that, especially when she sings about not changing because you chose to and ending contracts. All of the lyrics reminded of the Marilyn Manson situation, honestly but there's probably a kernel of truth regarding her own life as well although I sincerely hope nothing so deeply damaging happened to her.

Archived