💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
book

The Mangá Thread

Kadikaado

Featured Posts

Demoncore

I've recently finished the last bits of SnK since I finished season 4 and could not wait until Winter 2022 to watch the rest! My favorite mangas are definitely unsettling and psychologically disturbing for whatever reason.

Oyasumi Punpun is my absolute favorite: it's a coming of age story that depicts the main character as a cartoon bird and him going through watching his parents divorce, heartbreak, sexual assault, and much more than that. So depressing. I recently started reading Blood on the Tracks, which is super effed up and about a mom being horribly overbearing and overprotective of her son to the point where she almost kills someone.

10 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

The last manga I read was 'Tomie' by Junji Ito (By the way, he is my favorite mangaka). The Brazilian version was released two months ago and I finally had the chance to get it.

Before that I had read 'Ayako' by Ozamu Tesuka and 'Dementia 21' by Shintaro Kago, both extremely different but equally amazing works.

I've been into Jiro Taniguchi lately too. I love how contemplative his work is.

Oh, and I love all of Junji Ito's works, especially Uzumaki! The way he draws really grotesque and horrifying images are incredibly captivating--I'm super into it. I'll have to check out Tomie and those other works you mentioned :-)

11 hours ago, mvstraw said:

where's my levi stans at???

9ee1776ea6b78b744262f8045406ed7e.gif

Sorry, I only stan the best boy--Reiner.

tumblr_premztq6EZ1vgzd4so3_r1_540.gifv

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cssomeone
15 minutes ago, kiwimane said:

Oh, and I love all of Junji Ito's works, especially Uzumaki! The way he draws really grotesque and horrifying images are incredibly captivating--I'm super into it. I'll have to check out Tomie and those other works you mentioned :-)

'Uzumaki' is indeed his magnum opus. Most of his one shots (and their collections like 'Shiver', 'Fragments of Horror', 'Smashed', etc.) are amazing as well. 

If you like grotesque, you should read 'Dementia 21'. Kago is a very talented artist and his stories are weird, funny and absurd.

P.S.: This video shows Ito's creation process. It's very interesting

ObezyankaNol
3 hours ago, mvstraw said:

where's my levi stans at???

9ee1776ea6b78b744262f8045406ed7e.gif

He is so hot :heat:

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

• 2 weeks later...
Kadikaado
On 4/25/2021 at 4:05 PM, Phantomhive said:

Not this thread being full of people primarily reading mainstream shounen :deadbanana: Am I the only one who mostly reads bl/shoujo :bradley:

I love shoujo, but the printing companies here don't release that many shoujo/josei mangá anymore. I own in my collection: Paradise Kiss, NANA, Honey & Clover, Aishiteruze Baby, Sugar Sugar Rune, Sunadokei, Kare First Love (the worst mangá I ever read in my life), Galism, Girl's School Bijinzaka, Otomental, Marmalade Boy (it's bad, I had high expectations), Tokyo Mew Mew (Tokyo Meh Meh suits it better), Cardcaptor Sakura, Angel Sanctuary, Princess Princess, Gokinjo Monogatari, Merupuri and many others I don't remember.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Kadikaado
On 4/25/2021 at 5:04 PM, Phantomhive said:

Fullmoon wo Sagashita was so good. It was one of the last series I got into before quitting college. I cried non-stop at the ending. The way Eichi was initially reluctant to let go but did it anyway once he saw Mitsuki was already happy and has moved on is forever etched on my brain and heart  :fatcat:  Arina Tanemura is a shoujo legend and I was excited to get into her other works until I read a few chapters of Shinshi Doumei Cross and decided to drop it because of something appalling that happened in the story. Hope I'll have some time to get into her other works tho it's hard to imagine since I literally have over 500 manga on my to-read list lmao

Gentlemen's Alliance Cross is very cringy, the gay boy that ends up with the trans girl is very weird, very binary.

Fullmoon was good, though, but far from my favorites, her art is incredible, though.

Kadikaado

I've been reading the same old mangás, I am finishing Thermae Romae and Magu-chan (8 chapters to reach Japan release), beeen reading Jujutsu and One Piece. The new mangá I started reading was Toilet Bound Hanako-kun that's not as good as I expected. Chainsaw Man would be good if it weren't so overly sexual, the protagonist calling girl "breasts/boobs" is disgusting.

I think I am gonna buy the new Cardcaptor Sakura series.

• 1 month later...
Killa

Guys was Anyone aware of kentauro miura’s desta????

im so in shock its been a whole Month and i hás no idea

berserk is ofc mi favourite manga, and its nos incomplete. He wasn’t even 60..

Archived