book

The Mangá Thread

Kadikaado

Featured Posts

Phantomhive
6 minutes ago, Killa said:

he did????

Yeah :(

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-29/kimio-alive-manga-creator-kosei-eguchi-passes-away-at-23/.163444

7 minutes ago, Killa said:

Can you remind whos that author that has at least 2 monthly manga that both are very creepy

where theres big incest with the mother and she pushes his cousin down the hill

Uh, nothing really comes to mind, sorry. I usually keep away from horror manga if that's what it even was.

10 minutes ago, Killa said:

the other is about vampires. Im sure youd know it, it's a famous author. All those manga on mangastream i just read so i dont remember the names arrgh

Any specifics? I've read a number of manga with vampires in them so it's hard to tell lol. The 3 that I can name rn that were relatively popular when they were still ongoing are Vampire Knight, Karin, Rosario + Vampire.

If you want, you can go through bakaupdates and find the "vampire" manga you're looking for:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?category=Vampire%2Fs

In I fly on wings of winter.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheSlash
22 minutes ago, Freezie03 said:

was literally rushing here to mention Attack on Titan it's one of the only manga/anime I'm obsessed with :giveup: i've already almost finished the entire series and manga in a month

Gurl, I started at the end of October watching Season 1 on Netflix before they removed it from the platform, and was finished with all 3 seasons by the end of November so I could watch the Simulcast of the final season at the beginning of December :legend:. In January I bought the first 10 volumes of the Manga and now I'm impatiently waiting for the upcoming one :excited2: .

Ew, David!

Killa
25 minutes ago, Phantomhive said:

Yeah :(

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-29/kimio-alive-manga-creator-kosei-eguchi-passes-away-at-23/.163444

Uh, nothing really comes to mind, sorry. I usually keep away from horror manga if that's what it even was.

Any specifics? I've read a number of manga with vampires in them so it's hard to tell lol. The 3 that I can name rn that were relatively popular when they were still ongoing are Vampire Knight, Karin, Rosario + Vampire.

If you want, you can go through bakaupdates and find the "vampire" manga you're looking for:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?category=Vampire%2Fs

yeah shes more on the horror spectrum, but the art is just wow. I really cant remember and the titles are so simple. 

anywho, ive been wanting to read boy meets maria for the longest, such a shock. Ill probably never will cause it's not my style unless i own it. 

IWantYourLove

I’ve been obsessed with Attack on Titan for 5 years now :billie: I finished the final chapter the day it came out and cried for an entire day. I still cry on and off now lmaooo it was relevant for a large part of my teenage life. I just finished a manga called Starving Anonymous and it’s so unsettling. One of the guys is slowly becoming an obsession of mine :ladyhaha:

Killa

shook attack on titan ended? I lost track around start of last year. omg now im curious, the problem is that went on but i missed 15 chapters, at least

Phantomhive
4 minutes ago, Killa said:

ive been wanting to read boy meets maria for the longest, such a shock. Ill probably never will cause it's not my style unless i own it.

It's absolutely worth it tho. It's actually really impressive considering it was the author's debut work. All the more tragic that such talent was taken away too soon.

If you only wanna read it if you own it, the manga will be released in english (digital and print as well i believe) in october so :)

Phantomhive

Not this thread being full of people primarily reading mainstream shounen :deadbanana: Am I the only one who mostly reads bl/shoujo :bradley:

Quentin

Currently I read Black Butler it's a great manga

My all time favorite is Death Note, a fantastic psychological thriller

I've also read Fullmetal Alchemist, Judge, Doubt, King's Game, Bakuman...

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

Lona Delery
37 minutes ago, Phantomhive said:

Not this thread being full of people primarily reading mainstream shounen :deadbanana: Am I the only one who mostly reads bl/shoujo :bradley:

i dont really read manga anymore, i believe the newest manga ive read came out in 2014 or something but I used to LOVE shoujo :giveup: Arina Tanemura was my queen, i loved everything she put out

Fullmoon wo Sagashite was and still is my favorite manga me thinks

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Killa
11 minutes ago, Quenty said:

Currently I read Black Butler it's a great manga

My all time favorite is Death Note, a fantastic psychological thriller

i used to have a lot of fun with black butler, but i just scrolling around random chapters:cryga:. God if it's still around, it's like 10 years old by now

Phantomhive
10 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

i dont really read manga anymore, i believe the newest manga ive read came out in 2014 or something but I used to LOVE shoujo :giveup: Arina Tanemura was my queen, i loved everything she put out

Fullmoon wo Sagashite was and still is my favorite manga me thinks

Fullmoon wo Sagashita was so good. It was one of the last series I got into before quitting college. I cried non-stop at the ending. The way Eichi was initially reluctant to let go but did it anyway once he saw Mitsuki was already happy and has moved on is forever etched on my brain and heart  :fatcat:  Arina Tanemura is a shoujo legend and I was excited to get into her other works until I read a few chapters of Shinshi Doumei Cross and decided to drop it because of something appalling that happened in the story. Hope I'll have some time to get into her other works tho it's hard to imagine since I literally have over 500 manga on my to-read list lmao

Phantomhive
17 minutes ago, Killa said:

i used to have a lot of fun with black butler, but i just scrolling around random chapters:cryga:. God if it's still around, it's like 10 years old by now

It's over 10 years old actually haha (just checked, it's 15 💀). Now is the best time to come back tbh. The twists/backstories that have been unraveled have kept me on my toes :popcorn:

Cssomeone

The last manga I read was 'Tomie' by Junji Ito (By the way, he is my favorite mangaka). The Brazilian version was released two months ago and I finally had the chance to get it.

Before that I had read 'Ayako' by Ozamu Tesuka and 'Dementia 21' by Shintaro Kago, both extremely different but equally amazing works.

I've been into Jiro Taniguchi lately too. I love how contemplative his work is.

Archived