Would be here for an hyperpop LG7?

monstrosity

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps
1 hour ago, BloodyMary08 said:

No, why do people want EDM from her when she is a pop artist?

.... ARTPOP was edm.... so where the hits from TF, TFM, and BTW... they were all influenced by the different branches of the EDM genre

monstrosity
1 hour ago, BloodyMary08 said:

She isn’t just a pop artist duh

Chromatography

yes i would love a three way collab album with grimes and charli 

Fuck You Pop Music
4 hours ago, Monstruous said:

from wiki (I’m lazy sorry):

Hyperpop reflects an exaggerated, eclectic, and self-referential approach to pop music and typically employs elements such as brash synth melodies, Auto-Tuned "earworm" vocals, and excessive compression and distortion, as well as surrealist or nostalgic references to Noughties Internet culture and the Web 2.0era. Some common features include vocals that are heavily processed; metallic, melodic percussion sounds; pitch-shifted synths; catchy choruses; short song lengths; and "shiny, cutesy aesthetics" juxtaposed with angst-ridden lyrics. The Wall Street Journal's Mark Richardson described the genre as intensifying the "artificial" tropes of popular music, resulting in "a cartoonish wall of noise that embraces catchy tunes and memorable hooks. The music zooms between beauty and ugliness, as shimmery melodies collide with mangled instrumentation."

Writing for American Songwriter, Joe Vitagliano described it as "an exciting, bombastic and iconoclastic genre — if it can even be called a 'genre'—[...] featuring "saw synths, auto-tuned vocals, glitch-inspired percussion and a distinctive late-capitalism-dystopia vibe."

Artists often "straddle the avant-garde and the pop charts simultaneously."

The Independent described it as "a genre whose artists have a tendency to rehabilitate styles of music that have long since gone out of fashion, constantly poking at what is or isn’t 'cool' or artful."

ARTPOP gone wilder

Butters Stotch

No, please no. I want her to go experimental. We know she can still do good pop music, whatvelse can she do? I wanna know it. I see LG7 being a disco/rock mix or something like that.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

FfFfFfFF
3 hours ago, BloodyMary08 said:

Pop, electronic and dance overlap as music genres though. Gaga's music fits under all these three categories.

Anderson123

I wouldn't mind LG7 being Chromatica Part 2 with more 90's techno this time instead of house. :tony:

Lona Delery

oh god please no

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Archived