Supersonic

Featured Posts

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PunkTheFunk
51 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Excuse me, when this happened? :cryga:

A while ago, I think Shakira was supposed to be executed in Saudi Arabia but they postponed it due to COVID.

Anveeroy
2 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

A while ago, I think Shakira was supposed to be executed in Saudi Arabia but they postponed it due to COVID.

Spoiler

crying.gif

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anveeroy

Shakira is really real 

"Barcelona local authorities fined Shakira after they saw video footage of her dancing in the Pla de Palau fountain (pictured) without permits." 

Shakira_Loca_Video_Fountain_Dance.jpg

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Guillaume Hamon
7 hours ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

And they are still. Vive la France. 

How is France robbing countries more than other rich countries which also use corruption to get access to their ressources? Not being defensive lol, just interested.

FfFfFfFF

Imagine all the sad ballads and angsty songs she may come up with while in prison. :excited2:

JusKeepBreathin

Well it's official, she can run for President of the United States of America now. :billie:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Kadikaado
3 hours ago, Gogo Yubari said:

The problem with this narrative is that you're looking at it from an entirely present-day view and haven't considered the context. I don't disagree that European countries are successful thanks to having colonies but that's a slightly naive view.

The Incas, for example, used to engage in heavy forced labour in a process called the M'ita system. Essentially villages would be forced to surrender young people and have them killed in mines. It was a quasi-genocide. But it gave the Inca gold for generations before the Spanish arrived.

West African kingdoms used to collect and sell slaves to Maghreb and Ottoman elite and vice versa. It was a system long before Europeans used it to grow colonies, there was even a sector that captured white European women from Spain (lesser developed at the time than many African and Arab kingdoms).

Meanwhile in Asia, the Japanese effectively colonized Korea to the same extent Europe did elsewhere. China meanwhile uses population and culture control to expand into west Asia (e.g. Xinjiang and Tibet).

Settlers weren't all rich pillagers either, they were often very poor and desperate for work. Explorers were the "robbers", they'd travel the world with explorers for goods and wealth. 

The more you learn about history, the more you realize how humanity is alike. We're all capable of good and bad things. Most civilizations have done things that are horrific by 21st century standards, the crux with Europe is that it happened to be the "winning" side and was the first to shape world order. 

I know all these facts, BTW you forgot to mention that almost every african slave sent to the Americas was captured  as slaves by other black african people and sold to europeans to resell them at America and Europe, but that doesn't make the slave traders innocents.

Of course I know most settlers were poor, I descend from them. That doesn't change the fact that Europe sent people here to exploit gold mines, silver mines, wood, sugar cane, coffee, cotton and profit from that. European wealthy was built on exploring the natural resources of America, Africa and Asia and slave work.

One day Europe will have to pay that bill, trust me.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

AJRocketMan
11 hours ago, LostBoyfriend said:

Ugh, although I hate people who bring sexism in every topic, I sure hope so that she is not the only one taking the heat after those Panama papers leaked, or whatever papers they were who named a lot of known people doing those shady business.

Who were they?

AJRocketMan
10 hours ago, Fan Favorite said:

Wait, this is all happening because of the Panama papers?!

WAYYYYY worse things were exposed by that. **** this world is so screwed up 

What was exposed?

AJRocketMan
10 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Madonna and Justin next.  :derpga:

Madonna’s gotten in trouble before actually :billie:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1999-07-01-9907020026-story,amp.html

Madonna has filed a $2.5 million malpractice lawsuit against her former financial planners, whom she blames for causing her to pay higher state income taxes.

The suit, filed Tuesday in Manhattan's State Supreme Court, also charges Padell, Nadell, Fine, Weinberger & Co., and the firm's partners and associates, with breach of contract and fiduciary duties.

Bert Padell, the firm's senior partner, said the lawsuit stems from Madonna's having to pay $2 million in New York State income taxes after he prepared a 1992 tax filing saying she was a California resident.

Padell said New York had a higher tax rate than California, and its residents' total income was taxed, even the part that was earned somewhere else.

"The state came in and said she was a New York State resident because she lived here more than 183 days" in that tax year, making her subject to New York's income taxes, Padell said.

This was back in 1999. :lmao: She tried to have her cake and eat it too, but New York said “Nope!” :billie:

Watch it be Gaga in 4 or 5 years :lolga:

AJRocketMan
8 hours ago, Andreu said:

And besides that, as if the money collected from taxes was not going to be spent in public education and healthcare or things that benefit mostly people woho doesn't have a lot of ressources. 15 million euros are a lot of scholarships for low income people who otherwise couldnt go to university, a lot of medicines that people might need but might not afford if they need to stay alive, or a lot of artist that need economic help to develop their art. People acting like the money is kept in a giant box surrounded by evil people... lmao

It is here in America unfortunately. 😔

1 hour ago, Kadikaado said:

I know all these facts, BTW you forgot to mention that almost every african slave sent to the Americas was captured  as slaves by other black african people and sold to europeans to resell them at America and Europe, but that doesn't make the slave traders innocents.

Of course I know most settlers were poor, I descend from them. That doesn't change the fact that Europe sent people here to exploit gold mines, silver mines, wood, sugar cane, coffee, cotton and profit from that. European wealthy was built on exploring the natural resources of America, Africa and Asia and slave work.

One day Europe will have to pay that bill, trust me.

We're all gonna be paying that bill with climate change my friend. 

Nathaniel Arven
2 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

How is France robbing countries more than other rich countries which also use corruption to get access to their ressources? Not being defensive lol, just interested.

We are selling Uranium while we don't even have some in our soil. For example. It comes from Africa (and Kazakstan for what I know). 

Archived