Chromatica out now

society

16 yr old girl shot and killed by police; SHE called for help

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

COLUMBUS—A Columbus police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl on Tuesday afternoon just as a guilty verdict was being handed down in the Derek Chauvin murder case, a family member said.

The shooting victim has not been officially identified, but was named as 15-year-old Makiyah Bryant by a relative early Tuesday evening.

According to Bryant, Makiyah called the police because someone in her house was abusing her. She went on to say that police saw a knife on the ground near Makiyah and shot the teenager four times.

A woman identified as Tay Jones wrote on Facebook that she had witnessed the shooting and posted video purportedly from the scene. She said the 15-year-old had a knife “because somebody tried to jump her.” The white police officer who shot her never told her to put down the knife, according to Jones.

The teen was transported to a nearby hospital, Mount Carmel East, where she succumbed to the injuries sustained in the shooting, local station NBC 4 reported. 

Edited by Lion Heart
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
  • Shook 6
  • Sad 67
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Littlemonster19284

• GagaSine

• Gaga911chroma

• Lion Heart

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

COLUMBUS—A Columbus police officer shot and killed a Black teenage girl on Tuesday afternoon just as a guilty verdict was being handed down in the Derek Chauvin murder case, a family member said.

When your tree keeps producing bad apples, it means it's sick and you have to cut it down, even if there were some good ones.

These police officers are so f***ing useless. All they know is shoot first talk later.

Lion Heart
Posted (edited)

Edited by Lion Heart
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
venuspop

Are you f*cking serious right now? when will this crap come to an end and when will these people learn? this pisses me off and I'm so tired of all this goddamn bs. I'm speechless.

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀
  • Like 2
chromatic puzea

this is so terrible

she called the police for help and she held a knife to defend herself from these girls trying to fight her and she was shot 4 times

if a child holding a knife to you is reason to kill, you should not be a police officer

if the colour of a teenagers skin is reason to kill, you should not be a police officer

if we can't trust the police to protect and serve our community then we need real reform because the way one of the cops stood over her body, he was thinking about his lunch and they don't understand that this isn't GTA but they are taking away real lives of real people from real families and communities, but they will never see black people as real people

my thoughts are with this girl and her family and this cop also needs to go to jail

there was no evidence that she was a threat and even if she was i could listen a hundred things that could've been done before reaching for a gun

rest in peace Makhia Bryant

hard to even fathom which parts you should believe
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 10
Mister G

These police officers are so f***ing useless. All they know is shoot first talk later.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5
thierryrreiht

When your tree keeps producing bad apples, it means it's sick and you have to cut it down, even if there were some good ones.

Edited by thierryrreiht
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 8
Grim

They won't learn, will they:saladga:

It's really sad that instead of "oh no" my first reaction to the title was "not this again":messga:

I'm probably wrong
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
chromatic puzea

how do you just stand there after murdering an innocent 16 year old girl who depended on YOU to save her, but you decided it was enough to end her life because you saw her holding a kinfe

if the police kill you when you call for help, we need serious reform

they are killing for sport but hopefully chauvin's verdict today will set a precedent on how police should be just as susceptible to the consequences of breaking the law than any other citizen

hard to even fathom which parts you should believe
  • Like 11
  • Shook 1
Ariana Grindr

Nothing will be done, nothing will change. In the USA nothing is a real issue until it’s the white man’s issue.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 2
HuffsAhoy

America: where calling the police for help in a dangerous situation will likely lead to you being murdered 

Rain on Me
  • Like 5
  • Shook 1
alsemanche

I just... I genuinely cannot digest this. This is horrifying on every single level. All the poor girl needed was help and instead she got abused by someone AND killed for doing absolutely nothing. What the f*ck. What the actual f*ck is this. F*ck every single police officer in existence and f*ck anyone who even tries to argue against that. This is just too much. Abolish the f*cking police.  

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
GagaSine

Can't wait for some people to comment on how the police were right to do this/are innocent in this situation like always :yennefer:

The US is a ****ing joke

• Like 3